The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2003, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy And Still They Die!

In what is getting to be a daily ritual, Brave, Young American Troopers are still dying in dastardly ambushes in a nation(s) (Iraq & Afghanistan) that the ?Powers That Be? declared combat to be over in long ago!

?Have we involved ourselves in a never ending quagmire of despair, and is this the reason that some are now eager for indigent United Nation?s involvement? - it beats the hell out of me!?

?Two things are for sure though!!? If you like expensive grub, and if you?ve got a couple of grand ($$) that you have no better use for, you can always buy into one of those $2000 a plate, re-election fundraisers! Also, if you?re a ?Bonafided Iraqi Soccer Fan?, your prayers have been answered!! ?54,000 Brand New Soccer Balls? have just been gifted the people of Iraq to kick around, when they are not putting the boot to each other?s heads that is!

Hey, I mean what the hell, those 54,000 balls could not be used by ?Poor American Kids? within America?s inner cities, now could they. And this Administration?s rich cronies probably don?t play soccer anyway! As such, there are no political points to be made by making mere American Kids happy, now is there!

To quote one of our honchos: ?Gee, I wonder how this will affect my image abroad?!?

Well, these Iraqi maniacs don?t pay taxes here, nor will they appreciate our generosity, as has been proven by their continuing attacks against our people! Turning the other cheek is noble indeed, but not when it?s our (and not your) cheek that is being bloodied!

VERITAS
Old 08-29-2003, 12:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HC....

I suppose it?s all a matter of perception. Afghanistan and Iraq have always been wild and wooly places. And without 9/11 and the ugly reality of world terrorism on the plate, I doubt if anyone would give a rat?s butt if they were perennial shoot em up Dodge City?s, forever. But the current prevailing wisdom says that ya go do battle where the enemy lives and there we are. If the count had gone differently in Florida I?m sure there would be a different prevailing wisdom and that might look like negotiate till ya turn blue in the face and let terrorist controlled States grow until they become totally vicious monsters and own all the important real estate and the Islamic world population. My prevailing thought is that I?m surprised things have gone so well in both Afghanistan and Iraq for if either one or both gets the motivation, it will be a horrid, hideous blood bath. But in both places we see a very small percent of the population actively engaging in age-old and traditional bloodletting and butchery. My trepidation with the Iraq war was that I felt if we weren?t careful we would be exchanging one bloody monster for an even bloodier one, but that fear hasn?t come to fruition, yet. ?Yet? is the key thought in all that.

At the same time I?m no Pollyanna and absolutely know if we take the thumb pressure of either place there will be civil war in both places and I know the would be World Emperor /Caliph Osama bin Laden; or someone like him, would set out to be the neo- Salidin and then we got some real trouble on the plate, big time. So anyway, that?s my opinion and what I see. And of course, I?m as frustrated as you with all the serendipity playing out while we should be paying attention to the important stuff. So good thoughts and important paradoxes pointed out.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

What Scamp said...

and was thinking about how many were still dying this morning while we continue our daily routines...

how to you say your feelings about all this..

there just are no words....

Except they and their families are always on my mind...always on my mind...Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-29-2003, 01:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

What Little Sparrow said...

I can't stop thinking about them either... all day and night

And what Scamp said...

"YET..."
Old 08-29-2003, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

We, and millions of others (I am sure) all share a common and pressing concern and sorrow!

I agree that the beast (any beast) will draw sustenance from indecision. I also feel that a travesty left unchallenged with merely mutate into a bigger monster, as many a well-intended (?) bureaucracy has proven! But do we have the resources to right all wrongs (worldwide), and then to support a rebuilding effort of all former beasts?

As you know, the so-called reductions at the pump after the President declared the war over, never came to pass as a result of one excuse after another! As a matter of fact, are we to assume that as a holiday approaches, the reported damage to pipe lines increases, prompting greatly elevated prices!

I agree wholeheartedly, that American blood can not be linked to personal or political gain, but some in power still attempt just that!

Unfortunately, there are those out there in power (both parties I fear), who never got the message!? Everything to them translates into political and financial advantage! "Whereas the dead, well, they're just dead!!"

VERITAS