The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Retired Military

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Please tell me about the US NAVY WAVES

I'm not sure if any of you can help me but I am seeking any information on my Grandmother Carolyn J. Tomer "Hansen" born in Hanford, CA in 1923. She served as a Navy Wave but I can not find out any more information than that. What she did, where she served, any of it. If you by chance have ever heard of her or might know a web site that I could find some information on, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2003, 09:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Welcome aboard Hansen!

You've arrived on an auspicious day, and have come to the right place to begin.

Several ways to go about your search on Patriot Files (PF):

Make the same post as above in WOMENS, GENERAL and NAVY forums as separate threads from VETERANS - RETIRED MILITARY. If you have any idea of which period of history or war she served, then go to those Forums on here too and post the same thing again. Some of our people stick with one or two forums, some go all over the place... so this is the best way to catch their eye.

You can also send a Personal Message (PM) to a lady among us who calls herself "Nam_Angel", who is a name sleuth... and is likely to have some advice or even good solid leads. Go to her "Profile" page by accessing it through the "User CP" button at the top of most pages, then click on where it shows you can reach her e-mail or PM.

I would also ask by PM fellas on here name of "Boats" and "Seascamp" to direct you to the best purely Navy sites other than PF if there are any.

Best to click on the "Subscribe to this Thread" button after each of your posts, at the bpottom of the page you write on here... so you can keep track of your responses more easily. You'll receive notice in your personal home e-mail when someone replies.

I was good friends with a family from Hanford, named Silva. Dated their daughter for several years... and we still like one another :-)

Good luck with your search!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote