The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 PM

Default Katum (was Mortardude's question)

Mortardude axt:

"When were you in country? I spent a good deal of time going back and forth to Katum and Thien Ngon from May 5, 1970 to June 30, 1970 during our Cambodian "incursion".

I was initially at A-323 at Thien Ngon for less than a month until Harold Slusher, the only Medic at A-322 took a piece of mortar frag behind the knee while meeting the work chopper. He was MEDEVACed all the way back to Walter Reed eventually. That left 322 with zero Medics. B-32 called up and told me to throw some stuff in a bag..... "enough for a week or ten days"...... and the work chopper would come back up and move me over to 322 as soon as they got some the biggest holes and leaks plugged. That was about the first of February 1969. My "week or ten days" finally ended about the first or second week of December 1969 when I was pulled out and took the Chief Medic slot at B-32 at Tay Ninh East. I DEROSed to the 1st SF Gp on Oki on 12 Jan 1970.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links