The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2003, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Looks like the "Rocky Top" crew ( University of Tennessee football team ) is falling apart this year. Good. The Univ. of Memphis may win 7 games this year and go to a bowl game for the first time in maybe 30 years. My neighbor directly behind me is a rabid Tennessee fan. His backyard is filled with orange and white stuff...swing set, trampoline, patio umbrella..as is the inside of their house. He weighs about 350 lbs. and bears a strking resemblance to Bluto ( from Popeye cartoon ). Every Saturday they have about 30 people at their house to watch the football game. His youngest son is named Knox, after Knoxville of course.

Larry
Old 10-20-2003, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A Wonderful Time......but

Deb and I had the greatest time in the Mountains this weekend. Don't have time to get into all of it now, but just let me say what hosts Doc and Shirley are.....and the greatest mountain guides you'd ever want to see. Andy and Annette are a ball to be around and the banter was non-stop. Shirley was definately a whiskey runner in her first life. She drove that Expedition like a 50 Ford full of corn squeesin's through some of the most beautiful country in the world. Thank God she was drivin' and not Doc. Had Doc been drivin' I'm afraid we would not have been found until at least the spring thaw. Annette actually ate pinto beens, corn bread, and had a drink of Cheerwine and SunDrop. Deb has her new Cherokee name....Dances With Bovines, and I became He Who Rolls the Picnic Table With Gammy Hip.

I would again like to thank Doc and Shirley for an unbeliveable time. Her family is just like her......superb people. I would also like to thank Annette and Shirley for getting up to see me and Dances With Bovines off Sunday morning. Andy and Doc failed to make muster. A problem Shirley and Annette say is not uncommen.

Thanks again! Will talk soon.

Packo and Deb

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default goo,...

...to see ya all' got together again,...

...Give "Andy" a hug, I was rooting for the Red Sox hard for him,...

...My best always to the Ms's Shirley, And Deb...

...Pic's to follow?,...

...I don't think they would have found you in the spring either, those critters wouldn't leave much,...

...Be well Fred,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-20-2003, 08:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Note

Two quick notes. Almost feel like I'm home in these hills, Doc showed me a Union troops memorial.
I'd also mention Shirley's dad met us and is a great guy. He talked to Packo and me out in a driveway for about fine minutes then asked which one of us was from Massachusetts. Enough said...

I don't want to leave!!!!

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: I'll see you tonight if you'll still have me.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Looking forward to it bro. I'll call with directions
Old 10-20-2003, 06:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

when they wrote the song "Almost Heaven" it should have been Tennessee but I guess W.Va. rhymed better Some of my People fonded Bradfordville TN. Like Daniel Boone in Boonesville their name was Bradford. I have had the pleasure of traveling the state from Memphis to Chattanooga TN and thoght the state as lovely as Daisy Moses(Irene Ryan) said it was on the Beverly Hillbillies
Old 10-20-2003, 10:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Glad to everything is going well!

Tom and Tom,

Behaved themselves.
I'm a believer!
Miracles do happen!

Fred you don't need therapy?

Glad you all had a great time.

The Hills of the South are a lot like the hills of Mass. but it stays warmer in the winter.

Keith
Old 10-22-2003, 09:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You fellers come on down. As for the elephants, we hung the hams and made country sausage. They ain't nothin but big ole pigs. We don't have zydeco but bluegrass is similar but no accordians thank God. Keith, it's too late. I'm already crazy.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs up what happened

After Action Report:

Upon arrival in Johnson City Tn. put the turn indicator (blinker) on for a right turn. Two cars, both women drivers, cut in front and honked there horns, one flipped me off. It seemed like I was back home. Fred said they must have been tourists.

Packo, Deb and I went to a tavern recommended by a hotel manager. Their specialty was cold fries and burgers. Later the waitress ran out into the parking lot demanding more money. We suggested she might want to look on the table we just left. It still seemed like Massachusetts.

Fred and Shirley are two of the nicest, friendliest people I?ve ever met. Well, Shirley did tell me we were going to Starbucks and we went into a place with a Rebel Flag over the pool table. Of course she did made me an extra cinnamon pumpkin pie so all is forgiven. I say she made Me a pumpkin pie because I ate it. As Packo said that girl can drive those mountain roads - fast. Very impressive.

Packo and Deb were ok. When I was in bed Packo kissed me and Debbie didn?t. I thought that was a left coast thing? I?ll wake up on time, next time. Spent a half hour in the shower just washing my face.

There are photo?s of us taking Hill 4806. The name of the place is Lick Log. Sort of makes you think someone was very, very hungry, (or lonely).

Doc, thanks for the therapy. Packo thanks for the medical advise, however I?m in a comfort zone and will stay here for a while.

Later, Lt took me to a mountain that Sherman tried to over run, huge error. The 20,000 men who could have taken that hill haven?t been born yet. Lt did neglect to mention Old Billy did a right flank march and we all know what happened to Atlanta - urban renewal.

One other thing about Lt, let everyone you know be aware that you shouldn?t try to break into his house. I always keep three loaded handguns in three different rooms, yet it would be a better idea to try to get into my home than his. John, you got me to thinking, I need to ?up grade?.

After doing Atlanta, stopped at Antietam and Gettysburg on the way home. It was so interesting, so sad. So glad I didn?t fight in that war. Vietnam wasn?t a lot of fun but you could be in the first rank, in the center and still live. Seems that wasn?t an option back then.

Stay healthy and thank you my friends,
Andy
Old 10-27-2003, 08:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Great visit Andy ." Meeting again after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends " Bach. Look forward to the next meeting. Thanks again for the visit.