The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2005, 02:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dumb question

I lost my cell phone about two weeks ago. I am almost positive it is not stolen because I was losing it about every other day. The other day I was losing my wallet. (I got no brains) I went to the cell phone place and told them my phone was lost because I had the insurance. They asked me if I was sure it was lost instead of stolen. I said I was almost positive. He said the insurance requires in EITHER case the name and badge number of the law enforcement officer I reported it to. So here I am telling one of you law enforcement types that I lost my phone. Would you e-mail me your badge number so I can file insurance? snikaed@comcast.net ps: I also lost the pepper shaker but was uninsured for that. I probably threw them both in the trash.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

ROTFLMAO!!!
You need not ask for a mere 'Officer`s Badge' number;not when we have a Commisioner in our midst!
As Chris once said,"This gettin old crap ain`t for sissies." I`d lose my ass if it weren`t permantly attached.

Peace,Griz
Old 07-27-2005, 04:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Geez Doc I called your cell phone last night and talked for four hours it was the first time you never cut me off or corrected me thanks it was a great conversation and now I have alot of self confindance again . Once again doc the merical worker strikes and his healing hands reach out across the miles to help another vet. thanks Doc.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:08 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Fred

Your phone company wants a badge number so they can verify that a report was made to the police, even if the report is only a log entry. Something like ( ? Fred came in on this date and this time and reported he recently discovered his phone is missing. He also asked for directions home.?) If you lost something, a phone, a wallet, maybe a car, most people would report that in the State and maybe even in the Town where you live or where it happened.

If I walked in the station and said I needed to make a log entry on a friend's lost phone, lost somewhere in the general area of Johnson Tenn. I?m sure all the guys would be saying, ?Looks like Sergeant Andy got into the bad mushrooms, again.? Besides, only our patrolmen/women have badge numbers. Aint had a badge number since ?79. Back then it was 13.

Stay healthy my friend,
Andy
Old 07-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks, Andy but Shirley has already chewed me out for "Searching all over the country when all you have to do is talk to a policeman". "This happened to your daughter and she took care of all of it in one day by calling Asheville, NC where she lost her phone." Gaa! Don't you hate smart women! I guess I will limp on down to the sheriff's office tomorrow. IF I can just find my billfold. It has my driver's license in it. Don't want to get a ticket.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Now listen up Doc this is important. You march right down to the Shariff's office wearing one of those coon skin caps and a psyco vets tee shirt two different color shoes with two different color socks and I'm sure they will do there darndest to help you. if that fails I'll keep calling and you just lestin for the ring.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:35 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Doc...

Have you tried calling your cell phone from your lan line? It works for me.Ifit doesn'tring in the house next stop is the car.I've found it in various and sundry places both inthe house and out in the car. You might get lucky and find it especially if you "forgot" to turn it off.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-27-2005, 08:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy,

Badge number 13 ???

Man, I'm not particularly superstitious...but a cop with that badge number seems like pushing the odds real far.

Tell me that badge number never EVER bothered you.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Doc
We get alot of BS runs for cell phones that are lost and the cell phone company wants the user to file a false crime report. As a quick fix we contact the company. Ask them if their requesting their customer to file a false report. Then we explain to them the penalities for doing it.....Its amazing how quickly they replace lost phones with no police report......If you like I'll gladly call them
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 07-28-2005, 05:36 AM

Thumbs up found

Hey guy's, I was down in Larado yesterday and found this big box of cell phones on the corner by Rosy's love palace and since Mama was with me all I could bring back was the box of cell phones and no memories. Anyway its weird all night long these phones keep ringing, if you all would stop dialing Doc's number MAYBE one of them will stop ringing . Of course I have no idea about any of the rest of your numbers, I myself don't own one.