The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2003, 06:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool France No Longer an Ally

France No Longer an Ally
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WASHINGTON, Feb. 4 (UPI) -- France is no longer an ally of the United States and the NATO alliance "must develop a strategy to contain our erstwhile ally or we will not be talking about a NATO alliance" the head of the Pentagon's top advisory board said in Washington Tuesday.

Richard Perle, a former assistant secretary of defense in the Reagan administration and now chairman of the Pentagon's Policy Advisory Board, condemned French and German policy on Iraq in the strongest terms at a public seminar organized by a New York-based PR firm and attended by Iraqi exiles and American Middle East and security officials.

But while dismissing Germany's refusal to support military action against Iraq as an aberration by "a discredited chancellor," Perle warned that France's attitude was both more dangerous and more serious.

"France is no longer the ally it once was," Perle said. And he went on to accuse French President Jacques Chirac of believing "deep in his soul that Saddam Hussein is preferable to any likely successor."

French leaders have insisted the country will oppose any military action against Iraq without a second resolution by the United Nations Security Council, where it holds one of five crucial veto powers. Last November France did vote for Resolution 1441, which promised "serious consequences" if Iraq did not cooperate with U.N. weapons inspectors verifying that Iraq has indeed dismantled its programs for chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

"I have long thought that there were forces in France intent on reducing the American role in the world. That is more troubling than the stance of a German chancellor, who has been largely rejected by his own people," Perle said, referring to the sharp electoral defeat suffered by Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's party in state elections Sunday.

Although he is not an official of the Bush administration, Perle's position as the Pentagon's senior civilian adviser gives his harsh remarks a quasi-official character and reflects the growing frustration in the White House and Pentagon with the French and German reluctance to support their U.S. and British allies.

"Very considerable damage has already been done to the Atlantic community, including NATO, by Germany and France," Perle said.

"But in the German case, the behavior of the Chancellor is idiosyncratic. He tried again to incite pacifism, and this time failed in Sunday's elections in Hesse and Lower Saxony. His capacity to do damage is now constrained. Chancellor Schroeder is now in a box, and the Germans will recover their equilibrium."

Perle went on to question whether the United States should ever again seek the endorsement of the U.N. Security Council on a major issue of policy, stressing that "Iraq is going to be liberated, by the United States and whoever wants to join us, whether we get the approbation of the U.N. or any other institution."

"It is now reasonable to ask whether the United States should now or on any other occasion subordinate vital national interests to a show of hands by nations who do not share our interests," he added.

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2003, 07:25 AM

Default SHEEEEEEEEEET

I don't see why we ever considered them limp wristed left wingers allies anyway !! Sh!t, how many times did we bail their azzes out !! Plus we had to clean their clocks when they fired on us during WWII at a landing i think in Africa !! I think we should take that damn Country too, or at least their winerys....sh!t...belay that too....most o their wine sucks !! Hell, I'd rather have a bottle o Pagan Pink Ripple than their crap !!! If I wuz in a fightin hole with a "Frenchie Poodle" I'd really have to concentrate on keepin an eye on my own six !!!!
Old 02-05-2003, 07:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More of same........

The French copy no one and no one copies the French. This has been the age-old lament as long as I can remember. It is my belief that France?s actions are purely a move to staunch the growth of the US as a world leader because they don?t like playing second fiddle in terms of world influence. Plus the French have a ton of economic ties to Iraq and don?t want the upstart US rocking the boat and messing with their Iraqi influence. Plus I? have a deep suspicion that France doesn?t want anyone to discover the fact that a lot of the banned weaponry/capability in Iraq has a French point of origin and has come in since the original UN ban that came into play after the Gulf war. US relationships with France range in to band that goes from tolerable on one end and intolerable on the other and I don?t see that doing anything different. My issue is that France is trying to position themselves such that they dictate US security needs and that isn?t going to work at all, no way.

In the news this AM there was a suggestion that they be politely asked to gather up their kit and remove their military from Saudi Arabia as we need the runway space and the barracks bunks for real fighting men. That sounds good to me. That way they can go off and do their usual pout and whine deal and that is expected and par for the course. Tis the same old shit, different day.

Scamp

Dane, good grief. You sound like a Marine, LOL. Welcome aboard.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Another instant like

Dane,welcome to the site, looked at your post and then profile and couldn't help but laugh. My first thoughts were " I like this guy" as with several others on this site. I never liked the French anyway.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:13 AM

LMAO. Hell, that was Dane's version of bein' PC! LMAO
Old 02-05-2003, 02:08 PM

Default Thanks

[b]Thanks fer the Welcome.......sh!t...I fergot to request permission....I sometimes spread cheer and PC'd opines at Leatherneck.com, but since their webmaster over there got a brain fart and decided to fubar to entire place, I thought I'd slip thru dis wire and spread it over here !!! Hey Bones....are you the Master of Ceremonies over here like you iz at Leatherneck ??.....

Fvck them Gawd Damn French and the DeGaulle mules azz they road in on !!! They ought to leave Kuwait and anywhere else there is the danger of any of em gettin near any live ammo or real weapons....hell the friendly fire would be devastatin !!! Imagine all that thin blood runnin thru the sand !!! Then again...neva mind !! Viva La Ripple !! My ole pappy rest his soul always said Frenchies were like flies....."They eat sh!t and bother people !!! Semper Fi !!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hear, Hear!!

If I was still the professional drinkin' man I used to be some 15+ years ago, I'd drink to all the brilliantly worded posts about the sorry ass Frogs. And I might add, that on both my tours in the Land of the Live-fire Exercise, aka Vietnam, we found brand new medicines, made in France, and the Frogs were paying extortion $$ to the VC on the rubber plantations.

Learned a bit of military truth at a Tac. Cdr's Course that bears repeating: It takes 2 American division to attack the French Army. It takes 3 American divisions to defend against the French Army. It takes 12 American divisions to be allied with the French Army.

We need them as allies as all of us need a case of social disease. May the cheeks of their collective arses grow shut!!

Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-05-2003, 02:42 PM

LMAO

Naw, Dane, I'm just another snuffy here! LOL.

I figure they're wonderin' what to do about us! LOL

Thing is, I think one of their OIC's is one the webmaster's at leatherneck.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:55 PM

Default Bones

You need say no more me lad !!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

You are right Bones.......

Hey if a nobody why the hell I'm I doing all this work for......LOL...

Dane that is what I like about you, You tell us straight from your soul..........LOL........

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/