The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2003, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Health Update

Several of you have asked where I`m at with whatever has hospitilized me 5 times over the past 12 months,so here`s what I know...After all the trips to the ER with fevers to 104,hypotension (BP 60/40),extreme joint pain (requiring morphine),dehydration,and well,freakin near death each time,it seems that #5 may have been the charm.At the time,I was having some dental work done and since I have had joint replacement surgery,was on anti-biotics.When I told my doc about this her eyebrows began to jump up and down.Well...the reason for the visit to the dentist is that I have some kind of arthritic bone degeneration going on,and the bone and my top teeth were parting company,which created a perfect little hooch for bacteria to grow.She-my MD in Port Angeles-got on the horn to my team of docs at the VA,and they all agreed..."Get this guys teeth out!"......So-far-so-good.I feel better than I have in two years,and am praying that this was the culprit and that there will be no more reoccurances.All of your continued support and prayers are greatly appreciated.You guys are the best!

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2003, 03:02 PM

God man isn't there anything you've overlooked? Geez maybe a little humor would help. But right now I can't think of anything funny! Sorry.

Take a look at my birthday wishes to the troops I've got a photo of a soldier at prade rest.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-26-2003, 03:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Could be

The bacteria in abcesses is usually strep. Another thing this strep likes to do is set up housekeeping on heart valves. A heart echo might be advisable.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Culprit was hiding where they didn't look.

Glad it was found and you'll be all better soon.

Get your heart checked too. Mouth infection to heart is common.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Smile

Take care of yourself Phuloi and my prayers are still with you for your continued recovery and that you will continue to regain strength and health. I agree with that heart thing. My Dad had strep from bad teeth and it went to his heart so err on the side of safety. Take care friend.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have a little heart valve reflux due to tooth problems. It is nothing serious but it has made me go into atrial fibrillation twice when I was dehydrated.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wishing you all the best Griz..you are in my prayers.

Larry
Old 06-26-2003, 06:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking WELL, GRIZ

that's what drinking out of strange toilets will get ya. Or maybe you were "Lookin' Fer Love In All The Wrong Places."

It was sure good talkin' to you last weekend, my friend. You sounded the best that I'd heard ya in awhile. I'm sure lookin' forward to seeing you next week. Sure lookin' forward to catchin' some fish. Like I told ya', I haven't been out on a fishin' boat in years. I forgot, do I have to bring my own worms or do they supply 'em? I told Chris I hope I don't get seasick and puke on him.

Glad you're doing so much better, Bud.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Two things

1st, 1cav--- did you give yourself a precardial thump?

Phuloi.
When I started in the Fire department mahud--- years ago I went to the hospital to have all my teeth removed.
Now picture a rookie firefighter with no teeth because the doc says the longer you go without teeth the better it is for your denture fit, so I went 2 months with no teeth in a fire house, as a rookie, You just can't imagin the humer at my expence that went on, But after all this time, I can eat anything and I can't remember what a tooth ach felt like. .

Ron
Old 06-26-2003, 08:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was hiking

In the Shenandoah National Park. The temperature was in the 90's and I somehow caught the flu. I got dehydrated and wound up in one of the several motels in the park. I checked myself in and took a shower and then took a nap. I woke up in atrial fib (being an RN I recognized the irregularly irregular pattern). I went up to the desk and told them they needed to call an ambulance because I had a heart irregularity and would need cardioversion. They called one and I sat down, being a little short of breath. I asked them if they had any oxygen and they told me they didn't because nobody was qualified to administer it. I told them I was. It took a while so I went to the gift shop and bought my daughter a souvenir deck of cards. Finally the ambulance came and here they came with a stretcher. They made me lie down and then tried to load me in the ambulance. It was a 4 wheel drive and the stretcher was too short. Here this guy and girl were huffing and puffing trying to load my 225 lb butt in the ambulance. Finally they got me in and proceeded to drive way too fast for the rain soaked mountain roads. I was holding on to both walls as we reeled down the road. Finally I got to the hospital and they cardioverted me with drugs instead of electricity, much to my relief.
For those of you who might end up with a heart arrythmia, thumping is out. If you don't have a pulse (you have about ten seconds to check it before you lose consciousness) just start coughing at about 80 times a minute. This also works if the heart rate is exceedingly fast, you can tell things are out of control by the fact you are getting faint. Each cough stimulates the heart to beat. Just keep doing that until you can get hooked up to a cardioverter. Remember, cough real hard. No use dropping dead in the middle of a family celebration. It tends to spoil the whole day for everyone. Hey, if you have decided to live to be old there are some skills to be learned!