The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2002, 11:04 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Life as a cockroach..

seems to be the destiny for all those holding to reincarnation in India and Pakistan. Doesn't look to promising for any other plant/animal/human forms...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2002, 12:08 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Sis

Your right, it is getting down right dangerous over there but it's not just a south asian thing.

It's funny, there was a book written about eighty years ago which is manditory reading for psych and law majors in colleges around here. The title of the book is The Metamorphosis, it's by a wacko named Franz Kafka, who was in a nut house at the time he wrote it. It's about the life of a guy who turns into a cockroch, honest. Maybe that's why many psych and law type people are screwed up. And yes, I'm a two time looser.

Lets just pray those Packs and Injuns stick to running 7/11 stores and don't use the big one.

Stay healthy, keep your head down,
Andy
Old 06-01-2002, 03:02 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

speaking of cockroaches and seven elevens check this out...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-01-2002, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I have to agree with you Andy some of that required reading will leave you with the uneasy feeling that the inmates are running the asylum..excuse me..university. I will take your word on "The Metamorphosis". The author sounds like someone I am trying to remember to forget.

Their rioting in Africa
Their starving in Spain
There are hurricane's in Florida
And Texas needs rain
The whole world is festering
With unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans
The Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs
South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don't like anybody very much

But we can be tranquil
And thankful and proud
for man's been indowed
with a mushroom shaped cloud
And we know for certain that
some lovely day
some one will set the spark
off and we will all be blown away!

Old 06-01-2002, 06:21 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

ps. anybody remember the above besides me?

or how about the poster that tells you all of these things you are suppose to do to protect yourself in case we got hit by the big one then at the end it tells you to bend over and kiss your fanny goodbye..

course I remember Lena Horne too..

Old 06-01-2002, 06:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default "GET OUT OF MY STORE"

...I thought I saw him yesterday, but he was behind the rotating pizza display, and he had a handful of mega millions lottery tickets...
....heard him muttering about havin' to bunk up with keith, and Chris, and James last night, and a nightmare about some big hairy guy in a black dress, and fishnets with two lobsters, yelling out "No Leona, No Leona...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-01-2002, 07:36 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Know what you mean C. But you will know for sure it is him if you watch him long enough. He uses a ton of lip gloss!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif gopher golf.gif (6.0 KB, 117 views)

Old 06-02-2002, 04:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis, et al

Yep, I remember both of those things. I'm sure most of us remember "Duck and Cover". I remember sending away to the guvment to get our Air-raid shelter kit. It had plans for all kinds of different shelters. I remember when I got it and showed it to my dad he said something chilling. "Son, all that will do will save us to die of starvation or radiation sickness and we don't want that". I threw away the plans. What I knew, and he didn't, was that if there was a nuclear war it wouldn't be starvation or radiation sickness that would get us. It would be the Giant Ants, (Them!), Giant Tarantula's, Giant Praying Mantass, wake up Godzilla, and hundreds of other human eating insects and plants.
Not to mention all the farther advanced planets that would get pissed and send Gort's down to finish us off.

A child of the 50's!

Attack of the 50 foot Packo.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 06-02-2002, 06:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Red face Sis...

...yes, I remember the MERRY MINUET. Was recorded by the Kingston Trio in, I believe, the early sixties. I used to sit on the lawn at college and play it and sing it on guitar (instead of studying).

Also remember the Cuban Missle Crisis, living next door to an AF SAC base and sitting in an eleventh grade classroom wondering if the hit would be far enough away for us to see the mushroom cloud before we died.

Scary thought for a sixteen year old.

Steve / 82Rigger

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 06-02-2002, 01:30 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I remember those conversations pro and con air raid shelter.

Steve looks like we were on the same page in our imagination and musical taste at the time. And they wonder why the children of the 50's have the ability to make a tea party out of a funeral. Hey man we learned to cope through humor while waiting to view the mushroom on the horizon....