The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2002, 10:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ah, camping, the outdoor adventure...

...Good evening all, being that I wasn't supposed to return until Tuesday sometime, I'd like to fill you all in on the wonderful adventures of camping in New York...
...we set out to camp in the Catskill mountians at this little place called "whip-o-will", and that is probably what it will take to get my wife, and kids back down there...
...see, all was fine until about 2 hours ago, when my wife decieded to go take a shower at 11:00 pm EST, and while it is a monday, and a lot of the NORMAL campers GO HOME sometime Sunday, BUT, my house never does anything normal, so ,OH, yes, back to our story, My wife was on her way to the shower, and got about 30-40 feet away from our camp site when she happened to ramble up along , or damn close to it, ah, the BEAR, yes a BEAR, a very large one at that,(6', and 400lbs, or so, who had deceided to come visit for his nightly snack from the dumpster I guess, at least that where he was, climbing in when she was about to pass,...
...all I hear is screams, and "Curtis, Curtis, and now the BEAR is pissed, and prob just as scared, and now our dog is going beserk(part rottie, part boxer, and black lab, 80-85 lbs now with a loud bark), and he "trees" the BEAR in the matter of seconds AS MY WIFE IS RUNNING BACK to the site, now the bear says I got to get the f*#k out of here, and comes back down, and gets 10" more, and the dog "trees" her again, wife is herding the kids into her truck, and I got my 30/30 already loaded anyway, I just wanted to get my dog back safe,all hell almost broke loose when she deceided to come down again, and the dog was trying to sniff her ass, I didn't want to shoot it as bears are just looking for food, but we pissed this girl off before she ate.......
...so needless to say, the wife didn't get her shower, and the kids don't like playing with the bears, so we broke camp at 11:05 or so, and we're all home safe, and sound, except for some frazzled nerves on my wife's part...
...I think she would have made a nice rug, but bears are just too easy to shoot, esp when your dog has them 12 feet in the air, ...
...I think she'll be camping at the Holiday Inn next time
...sure, I'd love to get some rest tonight dear..........rest, not sleep, as I know my adreniline level is about 8 miles high right now, and she wonders why I bring a rifle, or two when I go to the woods, it's dark out there, and the critters are bigger then me.......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2002, 07:41 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

You got me laughin C I know it wasn't funny at the time but it's funny now..now I see why you sent me those coordinates...does this kinda of thing happen often when you go into the woods..???

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-05-2002, 08:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking You had two running "Bare's"

Great Story,

I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Keith
Old 08-05-2002, 03:32 PM

Default Lordy

Lordy,Lordy,Lordy!!!!!!

Did you feel like you were at war again?

Maybe the next time you should take along Elly May,

Just kidding buddy.

Just go to nearest Zoo the next time.

enough.................
Old 08-05-2002, 04:49 PM

Default Bear Alert!

Here in California, the California State Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen and golfers to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears in the Yosemite and Mammoth areas.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their clothing to alert but not startle the bear unexpectedly. They also advise carrying pepper spray in case of an encounter with a bear.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of bear activity and know the difference between black bear and grizzly droppings.

Black bear droppings are smaller and contain berries and possibly squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper spray