The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2002, 05:17 AM

Hey Guys,

I heard that the note they found was written by a person that they thought English might not be his 1st language! I'm beginning to feel sand pebbles between my toes. This is a begruntaled middle east person. Mayber thinking he's working for God c/o of the Al Queda in his own little way.

I never had that feeling that is was an x-vet or a trained military sniper. To kill women and kids radomly as he's doing has to be the metalality of a Far Eastern person.

Maybe a lone terrorist just doing his thing against the Jews or Americans for issues already underway?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2002, 07:10 AM

what better way to put people in terror not by killing hundreds that would do it, but just have someone who shoots any one any time he feels like it now thats terror just look at what is going on in Maryland i smell Al Queda at work here,mite be wrong but thats my take.
razz
Old 10-23-2002, 07:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default He's a half-ee

...his father was from who knows where (middle eastern), and his mother was an American who prob after years of abuse left the asshole, and took the kid with her, and came back to the states, he then lived with her until??? she passed on/father passed on???, and now he's pissed at this country because he feels that America seperated him from the father/mother relationship he was denied...
... I wouldn't dismiss the "terror" threat, we all know how efficient one person can be when involved in a "covert" mission, to lock down one grid systematically without appearing in public isn't hard, he has access to multiple trucks, cars, and is hiding in plain sight, he has the ability to "fit" in under normal buisness hours, and doesn't look out of the ordinary...
...he's not a doper, or a crack head looking for kicks, and I'd say he's not really a pysco, but he has purpose, and it's not money, what/why???...

...Sigmond would call it, "reverse craniel implant in rectal cavity "...

...in other words, he would like to have his head up his ass, but can not find it, so it's the next best thing, he's pulling his ass up over his head, so he looks like the rest of the camels out there....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-23-2002, 08:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HAVE TO AGREE...phuloi.

Having long ago qualified 3 times as an Expert with an M1 Garand with an open/peep sight at 1-2-3-500 yards, it's unarguable that cowardly murdering of innocent civilians at under 100 yards with a high powered rifle and scope,...does not A SNIPER make.

Regardless, and one can call such scum and/or cowardly murderers whatever one likes. But, and anyway you-cut-it, such low-lifes always come-out as nothing more than: "Cowardly murderers". Sad for Fellow Americans, but true.

Still, one hopes that The cowardly murderer acts as foolishly-stupid as: "McVey" did while joy-riding, even though very unlikely that such a calculating sicko would leave his weapon in plain sight on the car seat. But hey,...who knows?

Neil
Old 10-23-2002, 09:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I?ve been watching this killer identity controversy with interest. I?m on the side that says quite possibly the killer is a Moslem zealot as actions seems to fit the contemporary mind-set. The opposition opinion; mostly top-level FBI people and Academics, say nope. Their position is that the M.O. doesn?t fit that of an Islamic terrorist, etc., as they announce a responsibility and a cause.

I would assert that we really don?t know what the US Islamic terrorist M.O. is, as that book is yet to be written, let alone understood. I?m wondering if we are not being a bit hide-bound and pedantic on the issue or perhaps I?m thinking way too far outside the box and letting my past prejudices cloud my judgment. At the end of the day, it is what it is and opinions don?t matter. But I find the drawing up of sides rather interesting but hopefully not counter-productive. In the mean time people like Police Chief Moose are in the eye of the shit-storm so possibly all this opinion giving is getting in his way, I hope not.

The first rifle I could call my own was a Cossman .22 cal pump-up pellet gun. I don?t recall any formal instruction but we could regularly hit pop bottle caps at 20 kid paces, what ever that comes out to be. And later on the real Dan?l Boons could light a blue tip match at about the same distance. Prior to military training I could shoot the venerable Winchester 30/30 and pizza sized targets at distances up to and beyond 100 yds were not a big deal. This was with open buckhorn sights. Military training put some formality and structure to all that and provided some superior sight picture techniques, but that?s about it. Oh, the hide-bound Navy taught us on the M1 Garand during the M14/M16 era and other than risking the loss of my thumb every time I set in a clip, I liked the M1 a lot. In retrospect I believe I would have learned a lot more about the skill of shooting if the Navy had let us use the 03 Springfield to begin on. They surely had tons and tons of those grand old pieces lying around.
So I agree with all that shooting well and being an excellent shot are light years apart and being a real Sniper is somewhere well, well beyond being an excellent shot. My guess is that the killer is using a wide view, minimal magnification (X1.25) optic. At a time this was called an IER (Intermediate Eye Relief) scope and was intended for people with vision that didn?t work well with open sights or for shooting in poor/low lighting conditions. Bottom line with an IER is that the shooting skill level needs only be absolutely minimal, rock bottom. That seems to fit with the cowardly killer I?d say.

Scamp

Old 10-23-2002, 05:59 PM

Default A view from without

Hardcore said in a recent post ?In a democracy, silence is not golden!? and I've repeatedly said The Price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance. I also said that 'Holding a nation to ransom through fear is a difficult situation to overpower. A lot of people need to look at themselves to fight this terror.'

Vigilance is an all-encompassing state of mind. It goes beyond using one's senses - their ears and eyes. It is an alertness of being keenly aware of what is happening in their immediate environment. It is not something that can be taught, it is an emotion. It is not only being concerned for your fellow man; it is doing something about it.

The murders in Maryland have created an extremely difficult situation. There are some helpers but many, many hinderers.

Firstly, the media attention. Sure the media role is to keep the community informed, but as one journalist said recently we want the police to tell us what they are doing. Surely the law enforcers can do without this sort of added pressure. Furthermore, what help does the media or anyone else for that matter, serve in speculating why this coward is committing these crimes or that of his background. A criminal is a criminal - creed, colour, religion are irrelevant. The community would be better served if the focus was on the perceived result of the actions of this criminal, then implementing some counter terror initiatives.

Seems to me that the powerful tool the media is, is not being utilised in a pro-active manner. There should be more positive reporting, assisted by the law enforcement agencies. What I mean is community empowerment. The sorts of things that make the community forget the fear by having the task of intelligence gathering for the investigators. I'm not trying to tell the investigators how to do their job but I've not seen in any media reports the location/s from where the shots were fired. If this widely reported, surely many more witnesses could be identified. OR is it the case 'that silence IS golden.'

Granted that every incident involves a crime scene but how does Mr & Mrs Average help. How can we expert the law enforcement agencies to cope alone. What needs to be done is for everyone to understand what vigilance is and for the media and authorities to actively pursue it. The reporting of what one may perceive as an insignificant event, when included in the big picture might be the vital piece of evidence that ensures a conviction.

Service personnel are vigilant because their lives depend on it. So are most emergency service providers. For the nation to overpower this reign of terror, every man, woman and child needs to embody the price of liberty [Eternal Vigilance] for living without liberty is not living.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Waz,
Exactly spot-on, every word and thought.

Thank you,

Scamp
Old 10-24-2002, 03:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Qualified Expert?

When I was in basic I qualified expert on the M-14. It was one of the easiest things I have ever done. Our training SGT for our Company in Ft. Devens said he had reviewed some of our training records and noticed that 50 or 60 of us needed to qualify on the M-16 because it was the Army's new primary infrantry weapon. So, off to the rifle range we went on an afternoon. So, they give us a clip to practice with the M-16. First time I had ever shot the M-16, then we had to qualify. So the first time and first day I had ever shot an M-16 I qualified Expert again. Now on the news they make out that this Williams guy was some kind of great shooter because he qualified expert. He is just one thousands who have qualified expert on the M-16, the news media is just making way too much out of this one qualification. It does show that Mr. Williams a pretty fair shot but he didn't receive any more training than the average Soldier. And, just because Ft. Lewis has a sniper training program does make Williams a sniper.

Again, he is just a bushing wacking jerk trying to exhort money. The media certainly can distort things. It makes me angry that the media is trying to slam all soldiers and the military because of this one jerk.

Keith

Keith
Old 10-25-2002, 05:52 AM

Keith
I have some old orders stashed in a box somewhere that say I qualified expert with the .45 pistol. I never even picked one up. I think the army screwed up a lot of stuff like that. Like maybe somebody decided we all had to be .45 qualified so poof, with the stroke of a pen, we were.