The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Mean old vet causes doctor to cry

Well i'm back, and have a lot of stones left to pass. They said the xray looked like salt and pepper. The Urologist that came down to the ER was a young pretty doctor in her first year of residency. She was going thru a litany of questions and asked about previous surgeries. I answered none except gunshot wounds, wanna see the scars? Now at this point i was no in the mood for being cute and was completely serious. She looked at me wide eyed and said what are you a cop? I kind of was suprised and looked back and said this still is a VA hospital isn't it. She stepped back and said oh my god I am so sorry and started crying' I told her it was ok, she blubbered for a minute about little sleep and she was so sorry. I patted her hand and said go get some rest. OTHEWISE everything is ok cept that i have several more stones to pass, they gave me some medicine to help dissolve them and hurry things up but it is going to be a rough few days.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2006, 05:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hang in there Sid.....I guess hitting on the young Doc was outta the question.....Here in Indy at Methodist Hospital they have a "Stone Crusher" They put you in a big vat and send ultrasonic waves into your kidneys which totally dissolves the stones.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hope everything "comes out" okay, Bud .

I've never experienced these, either. You guys should have been more careful about keeping that red dirt out of your C's back in the day :re: .

I hope the meds works for you, and shortens the discomfort. Are you fishing out the stones to polish up and make some jewelry for your wife with ?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:38 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb Been There Also:

I hope that Sid rids himself of those stones as quickly as possible. They really are a terrible thing to go through, I can testify to that. I have had three kidney stone attacks and managed to pass two stones. Don't know what ever happened during the third attack as I never passed anything but the pain went away and did not return.

For me, each attack started the same way. I would get a build up of cramps in the lower back area. The cramps would turn into terrible pain and then travel to either the left or right side of my groin. I would then double over and have much difficulty walking because of the pain. I would then go to the Emergency Room, of the local Hospital, where I would get a shot of Pain Killer in the ass. The pain would then gradually diminish and disappear. I would be released from the Hospital with instructions to drink lots of fluids and strain my urine for several days along with a prescription for more pain killers. Finally after straining my urine for three to four days time, I then passed one small Black stone and the pain would then finally stop completely. As previously stated this happened after two of the attacks. The third attack never resulted in any stone being passed and it was thought that either the stone broke up before being passed, or never became large enough to be seen.

The doctor stated that he thought that the stones were a build up of Calcium in my system so I now limit my consumption of dairy products. My most recent attack was about three years ago and I am not looking forward to another one. The pain really was so severe I thought that I was going to die during each attack.

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again state:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
Old 08-03-2006, 05:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default This happened to me when I got back from the Nam

I had kidney stones bigtime, they had to rush me to a hospital. It was the worst pain in my life, pretty much how VN 1968 describes it
God Bless, Sid, stay good
james
Old 08-03-2006, 11:26 AM

Oh, good lord!

Hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Sid you've got my prayers going out for you. I remember last Elk season I missed the whole season because of stones. Your right about one thing they really hurt I felt like a little tit baby to weak to want to do anything or go anywhere, Thank God for Vicodin 2 pills eased the pain 3 made be go to sleep. I slept alot that week and a half. Good luck
Old 08-04-2006, 04:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sid

Just back in the loop after a week's stay in Santa Fe, getting our daughter married off. Prayers continue from here for your complete relief and healing! Like the coach told the quarterback, pass, pass, pass!

And about that thing of hitting on young, pretty interns, residents, or nurses: I heartedly encourage it! Last two times I was in the hospital, I tried it, and it increased the attention level in them, decreased stress in me, and caused my surgeon to just scratch his head! PS: apply this advice only whenyour bride is not present!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default She was real

Cute, but if I can get rid of all these stones I would just as soon not see her again.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

The Getaway Saloon has had to liquidate some assets since you haven't been in all week. I been doing my best to help keep them afloat but it's just not enough