The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War I

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2003, 12:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Exclamation Memorial Day in Waynesville, GA

Today was memorial day and the Wife and I went to the Confederate Memorial cemetery that is being reclaimed from the woods in Waynesville, GA. There we were surprised to see a grave for a WW1 soldier Pvt. Musgrove Fields . It was without a new American Flag and the one that was there looked like it had been there since last year. The flag had deteriorated so badly it had fallen off the stick and was lying across the grave like a fallen leaf. The Wife and I took upon ourselves on this strangers behalf to drive back to town to look for a new flag for this veterans grave after going to three stores we located a suitable flag and drove back to the grave site and properly displayed a new Flag on Pvt. Fields grave. It made us feel good to do this for someone who did something for his country and should have people to mark his grave after death to receive the respect every veteran buried deserves. The American Legion,Boy Scouts, or suitable group don't know where every veteran is buried so if you come across an old grave thats been missed ,remember that may be yours someday and it would feel great to know now that someday there will be someone caring for your grave and remembering your sacrifice for our country.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links