The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Miscellaneous > Test Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2002, 07:31 PM

Default C123 Flight Engineer/Pilot Training/Vietnam

1964-65 Chanute Field, 3345th Consol. Maint. Sq., ATC, Rantoul, Illinois, early build-up days in Vietnam, C123s getting a lot of action spraying, cargo, MATS and med evac over there. Our mission was to train pilots and crew chiefs on their way over, among routine cargo in U.S.. Began seeing first NCO crew members returning from Da Nang, Ton Sun Nhut etc. with stories how war was being waged or not waged. First upsurge in counter-culture newspapers and radio reports/demonstrations about "domino theory" out of Washington D.C. on base...demoralizing effect on some, first time military/government wisdom questioned by many. Trainee pilot coming in on first touch n' go cycle got within a couple hundred feet of runway, tower hollers, "Gear Not Down, Go Around!", heavy 2360 engine in cargo bay, ole Provider pulled us up beautifully and back around we came.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2002, 07:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Welcome aboard

This is a great bunch. We have lots of fun! I am the self-appointed, unofficial, unrecognized theropist for this group. But I must warn you that there are some unsavory characters on this site.

You have some guy from Mass. that is starting to run around in drag. You have some lady that works as a stripper or is it that she strips as she works?, same difference. We have a little short blonde lady on this site, you gotta watch out for them little short blondes scary they are! Then we have a straight arrow that calls herself "Sis" but acts like our mother, poor confused soul! Then there is some Welchman that is half Polish and that really is a confused soul. Then we have several Californians even the creator of this site is from California poor souls are really confused. Then there are the Marines in Minn. a bunch of sickos but they are lots of fun riding on their Harleys. Former medics now nurses from back east post on here regularly. We all know about the warped humor medics have (I used to be one I grew out of it). We have a gimpy liberal from the South that really should be living in Seattle or Eugene, Oregon with the other liberals. An airforce girl that likes animals but inspite of that she seems real sweet. And many more!!!

I am the only normal one on this site (and I'm not so sure about me).

Seriously a great bunch of guys. They'd do anything for you! Be there for you if they could. "Ya gotta Love These guys and gals."
Lots of fun and enjoyment from this bunch. Great people but quite a challenge for a theropist as you can see.

Keith
Old 06-02-2002, 12:53 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Mike don't believe everything you hear, Little Sparrow has no desire to be a mom to these big boys she has already done her stint in stir. Welcome to you brother and thank you for your service to this country.

ps. regard Keith..he lives in western WA state...be nice to him. He has more brown in his life than UPS...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-02-2002, 08:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I'm hurt Sparrow!

I had so much fun with that post and you claim it tainted with brown. I just may never recover.

You believe it Sis is a wonderful lady. But I do get serious about half the time. But the one thing I'll say they are a bunch of really good folks.

Keith