Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2004, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
lets see.... Im going to spend 4 days at a place called Physo
Mountain with an Lt who refers to certain body parts as his
tuber. An attack basset name Grunt, and this guy from the left
coast who dresses like he's casting a role in the Saprano's. or the God Father. Whatever help you can send my way will be greatly
appreciated.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2004, 02:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bowmantown

The great community of Bowmantown with its magnet restaurant, Willies is about 80 miles northeast of Gatlinburg. We do not fry lettuce. It is "kilt" by frying fatback and then pouring the grease over it. It is always leaf lettuce or branch lettuce and can have variations including onions, ramps or apple cider vinegar. It is often accompanied by potatoes fried in fat back grease with ramps or onions and sometimes scrambled eggs with ramps or onions in fatback grease. Branch lettuce grows wild in the creeks in the mountains and once you get past the fuzzy leaf it is quite good. Ramps are wild leeks that grow in the mountains and have a flavor that is a mixture of onion, garlic and rotten onion. Unfortunately this natural food is not sold in restaurants and you nave to go pick it yourself.
By the way, grits are flatlander food along with blackeyed peas but we have reluctantly added this foreign cuisine to our diets as well as collard greens and catfish.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Bob,

If you make it through this campout alive? I'm putting you in for the first Patriotfiles Medal for Bravery.

The PMB medal. You will have earned it. But of course medal or no medal, I'll have to charge you for counseling.

You a brave man, maybe a little foolish but brave!

Keith
Old 03-31-2004, 07:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default COUNT DOWN,...

...3 WEEKS, and 1 day,...

...Bob, not to worry, keep your back to the corner, don't feed the attack basset hound, watch out for amphib Harley, don't fall in the pig roast, no sleeping on the shuffleboard table, or under the pool table, (makes it hard on the cleanup crew to move you),...

...go back and read the "warriors saloon" posts from the begining, and you'll get a close idea of which way this gig is going,...

..."Boy is this gonna be good",...

... Animal House only in the grandest of Georgia tradition,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-31-2004, 07:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

A bunch of old geezers and wheezers to be sure lets see if I can transilate Sids amenitys Suffle board translates to suffling to the two hole out house only one of the holes has been sanded. Pool Table = old table floating on the catfish pond. Pig hunt= going to the next county and pickin up 400 lb honeys for the campout teeth optional. Fine liqure= see still at the end of new dirt road make sure its not too hot when you sip it, perferably he will have some coils running through the trout creek to cool it down . no fly fishing here ists unsportsman like to catch drunk fish. You boys have a great time I 'm enjoying the antisipation all the way out here on the left coast. Have fun and don't try to BBQ LT this year.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
If anything happens, can you send a telegram to my wife.
Have it start off with: The Department of the Army regrets to
Inform You that your husband was either killed by a Basset, a tuber, the Mafia or some guy fishing with cherry bombs.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-01-2004, 05:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE So James..are you, I, Fred and Dan going to meet up on the 28th ( Wed. ) ?
You all can stay at my house. I have an "attack" Sheltie !! LOL

For sure stop at Shiloh on the way to Memphis. Be sure and go to the Hornet's Nest and Bloody Pond where my great-grandpa was. I would be glad to meet you there if you wouldn't mind.

Larry

P.S. : Where does Dan work in Memphis ?
Larry
Its my intention to drive through Shiloh on the way over to Memphis. I'd love to meet you there. How are you getting to Ellijay, anyway? Sure, I'd be glad to stay there in Memphis with you if you havent tried to kill me before the campouts over (lol). That would mean doiing Shiloh for sure on the 27th
Fred-if youre reading this: That means lets do Chickamauga on Monday, 4/26
Dan works as a construction supervisor for a large International Corporation which shall be unnamed for now.He travels all over the country supervising their jobs. He lives in NC.
Packo: I'm going to eat at the Palms just cause of yr recommendation--I'll give you the review later. I am coming down for the big Ranger Whoopdedo in Bragg next year and have invited Dan as my guest. I'd be honored to go with you too.
(Tom C: you too!!)

James
Old 04-01-2004, 05:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Bowmantown

Quote:
Originally posted by 1CAVCCO15MED The great community of Bowmantown with its magnet restaurant, Willies is about 80 miles northeast of Gatlinburg. We do not fry lettuce. It is "kilt" by frying fatback and then pouring the grease over it. It is always leaf lettuce or branch lettuce and can have variations including onions, ramps or apple cider vinegar. It is often accompanied by potatoes fried in fat back grease with ramps or onions and sometimes scrambled eggs with ramps or onions in fatback grease. Branch lettuce grows wild in the creeks in the mountains and once you get past the fuzzy leaf it is quite good. Ramps are wild leeks that grow in the mountains and have a flavor that is a mixture of onion, garlic and rotten onion. Unfortunately this natural food is not sold in restaurants and you nave to go pick it yourself.
By the way, grits are flatlander food along with blackeyed peas but we have reluctantly added this foreign cuisine to our diets as well as collard greens and catfish.
Out here, they don't eat that stuff, they smoke it (lol)
I'm looking forward tio some exotic food!!

James
Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Fred , this will be prime ramp hunting time. We thought we might go get some but they are way up high. Hurt my tuber last time we went !
Old 04-01-2004, 05:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ramp hunitng??

Quote:
Originally posted by DMZ-LT Fred , this will be prime ramp hunting time. We thought we might go get some but they are way up high. Hurt my tuber last time we went !
This is beginning to sound like snipe hunting. If I go out in the wooods with either of you I'm gonna keep a close eye on you, you betcha. I must warn you, I had 8 hours of hand to hand combat training in the Army.

James