The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Homeland Security

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2010, 04:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Better identification = Better security

With the current brouhaha over the total-body scanners and invasive pat-downs at our airports, it would appear that a totally new means of identification would be a workable solution not only for the airports, but also for any other instances when valid authentication is required. I fully undertand that this topic has been discussed widely and sometimes rabidly on this site, but I fully believe that a new form of identification would be a valid solution to a variety of circumstances.

For starters, I've been carrying a 'national' ID card in my wallet for more than 30 years, now being retired from the US Army. There are no black helicopters, black Suburbans, or other sinister manifestations in my neighborhood or folloiwng me to the local grocery store. This card is virtually counterfeit-proof, and with a few tweaks, could be made fool-proof. And when I go to work for a major defense contractor doing classified computer war-games, the positive identification gets racheted up one more notch; if I move to the next level of classification, a bio-metric ID system kicks in and I must meet that to gain entrance to the spook site.

A new national ID card would solve the problems of airport security, voter fraud, check cashing, and any other time when one needs to meet exant security/identification requirements. Foreign visitors with valid visas would be issued a different color ID card with the expiration date clearly indicated on the card. This card could be easily created with existing techology and equipment, and would contain name, address, a facial photograph, and possibly and iris photograph and thumbprint.

To obtain one of these new ID cards, one would have to successfully complete a background check; many people have already been through this process, and some of the required info is already on file. Since most illegal aliens have not been 'backgrounded,' they would not be able to get a new ID card, and could more easily be indentified as eligible for a one-way ticket home.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links