The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2003, 03:46 PM

Question just thinking

As a Democrat the things I've been reading and hearing on the news lately is very disturbling to put it mildly. The way things are going right now I see no way to win back the White House this Nov. that's not from the great JOB that Bush is doing not by a long shot it's because all the Democrats are to BUSY ripping each other a part so all Bush and his gang have to do is sit around and enjoy the fun.
Since this administration has been in power they've lost over 3 million jobs, put us in debt so deep that our grandkid's will be paying it off and maybe their kids too. I know some of you will say what about 9/11 and the WAR all this is true but think of it this way if have more money going out you don't go to your BOSS and tell him that you want less money and if you do you're a FOOL!I don't believe cutting taxes on the RICH helps the POOR, SO CALL ME A LIBERAL.
Before the 2000 election Bush got a free ride from the press and the other out lets, IF the DEMOCRATS don't stop shotting at each other we all will have to live with 4 more years of this CLOWN!

razz
:cd:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2003, 04:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

razz,
Not to worry. All your seeing the Dems do is SOP before any primary. Maybe because there's still a lot of candidates running. Once the primary is over you'll see more party solidarity.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:07 PM

Bill,
I know what you are saying is true but all this in fighting is not helping anyone but bush THIS COUNTRY CAN'T TAKE 4 MORE YEARS OF HIM.
razz
Old 12-18-2003, 04:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bill,

"A VOICE OF REASON IN THE DARKNESS"

Please forgive me for not introducing myself and offering you a warm welcome as others of our brethren have on the General Posts thread and the Vietnam thread. I've been offline for a while and just saw your welcome (s) on those threads.

Thank you for your highly accurate observance regarding the current state of "politics" within the Democratic party. And, once again....welcome to our discussion(s) on this thread and all the others.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

razz,
Whatever the candidates are saying about one another don't mean nothin'. There was a Bush in the White House in 94' with one of the highest approval ratings in history and look what happened. Primaries have always been full of fighting and I gotta tell ya though , as far as I'm concerned , the pickin's aren't that great. Seems like every time a candidate opens their mouth they put their foot in it.

Gimpy, Thank you very much for the welcome.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 12-18-2003, 06:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bill

Metaphorically, the scenario you have described is what I have referred to as the Democrats slurping at the Grape Kool-aid trough. This self-destructive behavior is curious at best, with very excellent chances that it will get 'curiouser' as the months painfully pass into more months. The image of lemmings racing over the cliff is also apropos.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-18-2003, 08:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default usually,...

...all the canidates scramble, but I do not see one clear cut winner in the bunch,...

...I wish Elliot Spitzer would run, read his Bio, self educated, and razor sharp, has taken on "Wall street", and kicked ass, He's NY's Attorney General, and you'll see his name down the line,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 12-18-2003, 09:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Razz,

The lack of a platform is what is troubling the DNC and at the root of the fratricidal squabbling. Ya?ll all and all get that squared away you just could make a contest of November. In my opinion far too much ideological ground is trying to be covered by too many candidates and many of the concepts being put on the table are at loggerheads with the previous week?s or previous hours concepts. A polynomial mathematical expression can?t have all variables, there has to be some constants and assigned values for it to play out and that?s not happening. In the early days of Bill Clinton, he was actually fairly good at establishing focus and issues and getting everyone settled into a digestible platform but I don?t see that kind of thing happening now, maybe later on. We?ll see and it?s going to be an interesting political season, for sure.

Scamp