The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2008, 09:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Exclamation Yep, Now You Can Have a Handgun in D.C.

Should have seen this coming!!!

Here's how the process works:

1. Pick up registration packet at police headquarters.

2. Purchase gun.

3. Contact a licensed firearms dealer to arrange transfer.

4. Once gun has been transferred to a licensed firearms dealer in D.C., you must meet with the dealer, provide a driver's license and fill out two forms. One form is the application for a firearms registration certificate from the District Police, the other is federal form the dealer uses for the federal background check. Then you must pay the D.C. dealer transfer fee of $125.

5. Take the registration application to police headquarters. Pay a $35 fingerprint fee and a $13 registration fee. Take a 20-question test and get no more than five wrong. Be fingerprinted.

6. After MPD completes a criminal records check (2 to 3 days), return to police headquarters to pick up approved registration application. You must bring a notarized copy of a statement of eligibility, and two passport photos.

7. Take the approved registration application back to the D.C. dealer and pick up your gun.

8. Take the gun immediately to police headquarters for a ballistics test. There is a $12 charge for this and you may have to wait an hour or more while police test fire your gun.

9. Take your gun home.

While the process isn't so difficult to navigate, it's by no means easy or cheap. Throughout the process, there are no options. All applicants MUST make at least thrree trips to police headquarters where parking is to say, in the least hard to find. Yes, it's near a Metro, but do you want to take your new gun for a ride on Metro?

All applicants must make at least two trips to Anacostia, where the only licensed dealer is located. Parking isn't an issue, but it's hardly centrally located. All applicants MUST pay $60 in fees to the city, $125 transfer fee to the dealer as well as the cost of passport photos and a notary.

Applicants should budget an extra $200 on top of the price of the gun.

As for the written test, out of 20 questions, I got one wrong. Most of the questions are taken right out of the Firearms Registration Outline that comes in the application packet. I won't give any of the questions here, but it was much easier than the written test for a driver's license. (I got four wrong on that test recently.)

In an effort to provide a first hand account of the new registration process, I picked up a registration packet at police headquarters the first day they were available, July 17, and went to a gun dealer in Maryland, since gun stores are illegal in the District, and bought a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber revolver. The gun stayed at the dealer until last week when a federally licensed dealer picked up the gun and brought it into the city. For the most part, federal law prohibits individuals from buying a gun in one state and transporting it across state lines (There are a few exceptions). The gun remains with the dealer until I complete the registration process.

These are MORE steps, MORE waiting, and the SAME money than it takes to legally own a machine gun!

God bless the bureaucrats!

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 06:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rigger,...

Sort-of thanks for showing how difficult acquiring a handgun in D.C.
Used to think that only New Jersey Political Machine Lords were that greedily-brutalizing.

Still, I hope that my perpetually Big Brother Money Grubbing Democrat Tax Collectors
don't see how easy it could be for them to EVEN RAISE MORE MONEY, for whatever?

My/Our current bums and/or: "Sherrif(s) of Nottingham" of this HIGHEST TAXED STATE in
America already even tax cats, to glean as much money from The People as possible.

Thus, I guess that according to The Obama Clique or Crowd,...We New Jersyans must
obviously be The Most: "Patriotic Americans" in America,...since paying The Most Taxes
in America (WHETHER RICH OR LOWER MIDDLE CLASS).

Neil
Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wake up call around here. ICE did a bust at Lake Tahoe, grabbed 40 plus illegal aliens. Then surprise, surprise, in the same dwelling was a significant arsenal of modern automatic weapons. I mean stuff that can’t be purchased except by military and law enforcement. What the ICE agent described, but did not name by designation, was assault rifle and machine pistol configurations.
At least ten of those grabbed had done time in a Mexican prison, the balance had at least on previous deportation or had done time in a US Prison then deported. Grief, some kind of frigging arms race coming down? Maybe I need to get me a bazooka or tote 105. This news was very unsettling and rather makes a further mockery of the propaganda, ‘Just here to work…… yadda-yadda..’

Scamp
Old 09-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Scamp,...

Guess it fair saying that only Law-Abiding American Citizens are ones daily subjected
adhering to all laws, rules & regulations in USA, whether regarding guns, entry into country,
schooling, medical treatment, or pretty-much anything else.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,...that Criminals & Illegals are actually The ONLY TRUE Free People whom never
need be concerned with MANY Governmental Regs covering MOST EVERYTHING),...........
here in The Good Old US of A.

Wonder if Mexico City or Caracus Bureaucrats would treat American Illegal Entrants so-damn-well?

Neil

Last edited by reconeil; 09-19-2008 at 12:14 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Neil,

With regard to gun law enforcement, there seems to be the ever present double standard. Kind of like control the Gringos, and let the illegal alien gangs run amok. Sooner or later, one would think the gang body count in the western US plus the border strip would get someone’s attention. Easily over 5k in 2008 alone and that doesn’t include the eastern US. Then add in the eastern US and gang war body count from the Mexican interior beyond the border strip, and I wouldn’t surprised to see five digits, at least. The non-PC could very well get the notion of a frigging war coming down.

Last shoot up in Reno involved a 14 year old opening up on rival gang members that came over from Sacramento, and of course it was the same old story-armed illegal aliens.

And as is said, ‘the chickens come home to roost’ and San Francisco’s Mission district is turning into illegal alien gang battlefield with a lot of KIA coming down. A case of a self-inflicted wound where the SF cops try to round up the perps and the Mayor does his up most to fill the street with perps, and one huge and bloody do-loop results.

Scamp