The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2004, 10:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Call it what you will but...

I've been reminiscing all this morning about my buddies in Vietnam, I don't think it's a flash back becasue it not about combat. Might be becase I'm listening to the oldies on the radio and remembering where I was, and who I served with. We were so close to each other then. I have not been able to find that closeness since. I spent 22 years in the Service, I find it hard to get close to anyone since. I have no problem talking to or getting along with vets or people in my family (finally). When I went to college I didn't assocatie with two many people, the people I did, guess what they were vets. Maybe I should cange the station to classical. Just being nostalgic I think. Thanks for listening.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2004, 10:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Robert Don't feel alone on this one. I too, is having a little bit of a problem with the days of Nam, and not necessary combat. Someone asked Me how was it like being there over the Christmas holidays? Simply stated , no comparison to being here and doing what ever You want, when you want. I remember the guys in the platoon putting together a christmas tree from a scrubbish little bush, We decorated it, and called that Our Christmas tree. There is no other closeness than to remember and share your expericiences
of those days when We Were all united as one, the proud American Soldier.
WhiteOak (Danny) still have a picture of the Christmas tree. Lastly Robert, Friends now is much different from friends in that time era. Take care.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Watched " Band of Brothers " summary show this weekend. The real guys were describing how they felt . They are still close today. One guy said his grandson asked him if he was a hero and he said no but I had the honor to serve with many heros but most heros didn't come home. This guy had one leg. It's a powerful thing this brotherhood of combat and service
Old 12-06-2004, 01:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Good friends have always been hard to find

Robert,Just wanted to show you the Christmas tree that we made out of a bamboo tree,it was decorated with bits of tin
foil from chewing gum,brass belt from our m-60 and other things that weren't green.Every Christmas I think of that day and what happened to all the guys.I know it will never happen but I would like to get together one more time and find out how all the guys are doing and give them all a big hug and wish them a Merry Christmas.I will never have a Christmas like the one I had in 1969 and I am blessed to be able to have celebrated the last 35 home with my family and friends.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Christmas is in the heart, not in the location.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 12-07-2004, 07:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Like your picture White Oak. The spirit of Christmas was with us