The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2004, 02:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Illogical Logic!

If I understood correctly, the logic behind the Military Order of The Purple Heart (USA), in voting down their support for awarding the Medal to those who died in Enemy Captivity is that - POWs already receive the Prisoner of War Medal, ergo, they have no need for a Purple Heart?!

Again, and let me make this quite clear: ?Wilbert (Shorty) Estabrook (President of The Tiger Survivors), Several Congresspersons (past and present), members of the media, and a plethora of patriots, are attempting to attain this Purple Heart Medal for those who expired in hostile captivity!?

We fully realize that all ?Prisoners of War? are entitled to the ?POW Medal?, but for the record, even a POW of but a week or so, is also entitled to the POW Medal. On the other hand, those who suffered for months or years, were beaten, starved to death, died of disease while being held as an enemy captive, and even those who froze to death while a ?Prisoner of War?, may not be entitled to this award, as it now stands! (This is not right!)

I have been sadly informed that the decision to deny their (MOPH) support for the Purple Heart to be awarded to these ?Departed Captive Warriors (HR 4425)?, was the result of a vote? Not a vote of the entire membership mind you, but rather of a selected few among the ranks of the combat wounded! However, even those honorable men and women who were wounded in service to this - their nation, must remember that those mortally brutalized and murdered (one way or another) while in captivity, also died for their beloved nation and them as well!!

So what is next my friends - will this ?Purple Heart Committee? next decide "WHAT" combat wounds qualify for this Medal, and which do not? And what, after all, is the ultimate price of any wound, received at the hands of a national enemy, if not death itself? And after all is said and done, what price did our departed -captive brothers pay for their unweilding dedication, if not the same wretched death at the hands of our brutal enemies?

And as a matter of fact, and to add insult to misery, many of these departed POWs never returned home in body! They are buried in some forgotten (often unmarked and shallow) grave, on some unfriendly foreign shore, lost to all save for the eyes of God - no flags, no taps, no soil of home to embrace their remains! And yet, some within this ?Military Order of the Purple Heart? would deny closure to the families of their fallen brothers, apparently brothers no more!?

Shame on you M.O.P.H., and may God have mercy upon your forgetful souls, for the face that you are now slapping, may indeed be the same face that was willing to give it?s all for you, by your side in combat!

?What then, will you say to your forgotten brothers when next you meet on that final distant shore!??

VERITAS e PHUI [Truth and Shame]
Old 10-24-2004, 03:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Come on guys and gals, patriots one and all, lend your verbal support to this worthwhile cause! Those who died in captivity could have been your fathers, your uncles, your aunts, or your cousins. "And no matter what, they are indeed your brothers for all times to come!!"

VERITAS
Old 10-24-2004, 04:28 PM

Default What Hardcore said !!!!

Hardcore,
Your right. But as usual we have several organizations that forget where they came from and where we are all going. When the roll is called all can answer for their selfish feelings and better than thou attitude. I never earned a Purple Heart, although I do have my father's that was earned in Germany. I am proud of that small part of one man's sacrifice for all of the American People.
Thank you for your tasks that you deem appropriate to pursue. Your a good man and a true Patriot.
Thank You
Adrian M. Williams, MACS, USN ret