The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2002, 06:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Thumbs up Ladies night (and day)-smell the coffee

I'm not much for drinking but I do drink a lot of coffee and I really need a big one so I thought I'd start a new thread topic for ladies (gents can join in) called wake up and smell the coffee. It will be on the subject of all the stuff we women vets were subjected to good and bad in the military or anything else that comes up along the way, jokes, heros, philosophy, etc. Join in and smell the coffee!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2002, 10:39 AM

Cool ladies

Well it was a quite morning at the coffee house...had to drink the whole pit by myself/////////*******^^^^^^Think I'll shift to cola now and simmer down the heat a bit with mellow tunes and the Everly brothers music. Anybody remember?
Old 07-14-2002, 06:10 PM

Angry Ladies night

Well seems I've been flamed so I thought I'd put on another pot of coffee and sit down, hope you join me and talk about gentler days. This will be my last post if no one joins in but i hope you do. My Dad was a WWII vet named Bill. He was my Hero and not afraid of anything or anyone. He was one of the first to enlist in the war when it broke out as a gunnersmate. He was always proud to have served and when he died he received a veterans burial. He was one of those tough oldtimers Tom Brokaw talks about in his book. Sure miss the oldtimers. He was a leader but alone. He came from a long line of leaders from England and could date his heritage back to the Civil War. To quote James I of England " I can make a lord, but God Almighty can make a gentleman" and indeed Bill Chamberlain was that to me. His big brown eyes had tears and his big heart was so broken so many times but he remained undaunted and splendid..my Hero.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:17 PM

Default ladies night

Hey Tucker,
I'm not a warrior so you can kick me out if you like. I'm the Mother of a soldier who is far away and in danger as we speak.
I feel your pain deep inside and I applaud you for serving our country so bravely at a time when others ran the other way.
My step father was also a warrior in WWII and the Korean War. I could listen to his stories for hours.
Just wanted you to know that someone was listening.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to vetgirl
Default hope your on later

my grandson has other ideas for my time now

deb
Old 07-16-2002, 05:40 AM

Can a girl get a cup of coffee here?
Old 07-16-2002, 07:40 AM

Smile ladies night

You betcha Just making a fresh pot... You have a real place here! Come on in and sit a spell!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:08 AM

Default Ladies night-smell the coffee

Welcome nang! Thanks for listening and your presense is welcome here and also your voice. (Wouldn't think of kicking anyone off here!) If you have a child serving, you are a warrior too as I see it! Feel free to speak your mind here agree or disagree but I really appreciate the kind words.

I remember, I remember How my childhood fleeted by, the mirth of its December, And the warmth of its July. by Winthrop Mackworth Praed.

Yes those old WWII vets were something else. My Dad was also a golden gloves boxer and I remember him taking up for my Korean American friends family when the neighbors tried to run them out of the neighborhood and he told them they all would have to go through him first. He backed down a whole mob! I was only 4. What a guy. He was part Indian (Cherokee) when it wasn't cool to be in Tennessee . When I was 10 he cursed out the police because they wouldn't stop the KKK from beating up some black brothers behind our house one night when I woke him.

That's the first time I saw him cry because he felt helpless to protect me from seeing something bad.
I never saw him weak or cry except over me. The next time was when he saw me after I came back from the Army. Never had I seen such sadness or worry. He was something...My Hero. I miss him. A great man. I drink to him! (A cup of coffee that is!)
Old 07-16-2002, 09:28 AM

Default WWII vet (dad)

My dad was in the army in WWII. Africa than Italy. He was in the tanks. He NEVER talked about it. The only time he came close was when we watched the TV program "Combat" He always said "Sarge" was him. Oh, one other thing, we all had to memorize his service # (12127732 that's all I can tell you)
Old 07-16-2002, 10:13 AM

Cool Ladies night

Whoah... You had to memorize his number? Sounds like a bummer. What was Sarge like?