The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2002, 02:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Lunch with Texakins!

Met with the young Sgt. Tropo and his lovely wife Rusty for lunch this afternoon on the river. They had just finished their carriage tour of "Forrest Gumpville" and had enjoyed every minute. They were on the way out to the Hunting Island Lighthouse for some beach time when we left them. Actually they were going to grab some sue-ven-eers first, then head for beach. Just talked with them a few minutes ago and they are on their way to the Shem Creek Bar and Grill for supper in Charleston, Boone Hall Plantation and downtown Charleston tomorrow. They are wonderful people and I sure nuff do envy their travelin'.

I found out that he is now a legend in Tennessee, possibly bigger than "Danal" Boone and Davy Crockett! He's the only man to ever drive a huge pickup with camper to the top of "Wolverton" Mountain. The "road" was about 2 feet wide, straight up, and gravel. That ol' Sgt Tropo is one off roadin' sumbitch!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2002, 02:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Uh oh

The mystery of who was the hit and run driver of Clifton Clowers is finally solved. Apparently some truck jumped off a cliff and squashed him flat. Wait'l I tell Sheriff Rambo. He plays a mean guitar. And his son/nephew plays a mean banjo.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:48 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Hey

Clifton Clowers! Finally, a country song references that I recognize!
All you folks out there, keep meeting each other whenever the chance happens. I haven't met a runt in the litter yet and really happy we've met the people we have.

Doc: I didn't quite get that clearly. Is it being implied that we'll have to walk up to the top of a hill to visit you? I'll drive anywhere, espically with a rental but humping tall hills is no longer my bag.
We don't have KK doughnuts however my professional opinion is that DD doughnuts are just fine. Course Doc gave me an education about Moon Pies. Fred did you know they make Moon Pie clocks? Imagine some yahoo actually buying one of those.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 09-11-2002, 10:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Moon Pie Clock?

Imagine that. They probably have golf club head covers also. That's funny, who the hell would ever, ahh, buy, ahh, something like that? Ahhh, your right Andy, what a yahoo!

Clocks in the kitchen and the Head cover is on the 7 Wood.

Now, let me tell ya'll bout' my Texas Pete stuff!

From Yahooville,

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)