The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2003, 05:18 AM

Post Pysco Vets question

I was asked by several guys at my barber shop it this was an organization or what? There seems to be some interest in this type of program.

If it gets organized what all is needed? What can we do with this type of organization? Can it serve a purpose? Can we provide VETS with encourging items or a service of sorts?

Let me know I'm interested and could particapate in such a venture.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Post The answer is yes

One of the reasons we started this was to help veterans. We figured if we got together we had enough expertise to do just about anything. The Psyco Vets MC club was started as a beginning, gather in members. Several of us have PTSD and can offer help in filing a claim, getting treatment, along with other VA claims problems. One of the Major VA service centers is right here in Atlanta. The Psyco Vets Store was started to get money to donate to Vets or organizations. Need to SELL SELL SELL. I have funded the store and all of the merchandice so far and have about $2,500.00 of my money in it. WE do have three members with serious backgrounds in the areas of Banking, Finance and Income Tax. They are willing to help indivduals in any way they can. We do not have officials of the club yet but we have had two annual meetings (kind of) and a third is planned. (See psyco vets campout post). If you have additional ideas post them here or email me by going to the psyco vets site ( www.psycovets.com ) and reply through contact us.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:03 PM

I hope ya'll will forgive me for getting somewhat off the subject but after reading PHO's response above I just can't help myself.Please feel free to delete this if it is inappropriate and accept my appoliges.

Some reintroduction is probably in order.I was on this site for a while late last summer/early fall useing the SN Doc.2/47,but was off-line until recently because my computer is in storage due to moveing.I am presently useing a borrowed computer which is why I am temp. useing a different handle.When I was here before you all made me feel very welcome and gave me some invaluable advice and help and,quite frankly,I'm hopeing that that you will be in a position,and kind enough, to give me a little more.Last fall I mentioned that after many years of avoiding the VA I thought I was going to have to go to them,apply for some compensation due old injuries/conditions and PTSD, and maybe get some help with current med.problems.Since that time I have made several trips to Alvin York Hosp.,gotten put on the AO regester,put in my compensation claim,-but did not include PTSD because it has never been formally dx'ed-gotten treatment for some on-going conditions,and been told by the Doc. that -as I was afraid might be the case-I have a skin cancer.When I was advised that a determination on my claim was soon to be made I made formal request that this be delayed because of other posible inclusions.The PA says that AO does not cause skin cancer.I have not designated a reprisentative-should I?I am scheduled to see the shrink this coming Fri. and the surg. clinic the following Thurs. for surg./biopsy.Any advice?

Again I appologise for butting in with a lot of drivel.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:19 PM

Default Doc

Your CMB says it all. You have PTSD you just don't know to what extent, When you talk to your shrink let him know that you were a Combat Medic and that you saw and handled wounded and dead. This is enough to get a DX of PTSD.Then PM me after you talk to him and I'll be glad to work with you on moving your claims forward. I'm 100%Service Connected T&P for PTSD and I fought my own case. Good Luck Bro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chap(resize).jpg (63.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-18-2003, 12:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Hey Doc ! It ain't drivel or inappropriate and you got nothing to appologise for. I designated a DAV rep to be my rep and he really helped explain what was going on to me and what I needed to do next. I would recommend them. Good luck in the future and Welcome Home !
Old 02-18-2003, 12:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default encouragement...

...is a large part here from the people that you'll meet here...

...the words already spoken cover most of the basic's of what you probably know, and Frank said it best as "you just don't know to what degree"...

...just by being here, a lot rubs off in terms of management of it, and sometime, just the "explanation" of things helps sort it out, and you'll be able to look at it a little differently for the better...

...I wish I could say, or do something to help otherwise, but for now, take care, put in for it,... sign up for someone to represent you, (DAV/VFW),... and find a counseler you feel comfortable with, it's a long journey, most of which is behind you now...

..."your in good hearts here"...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-18-2003, 12:57 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default No Appologies needed

Good to see you again Doc. I just came from 2 hours with a VA shrink. This is what the Psyco vets were created for. Frank can help a lot. 1CAVCCO15MED is 100% PTSD and a doc also He is in Salem now but will be back before long and he can help also. Welcome home
Old 02-18-2003, 03:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Doc...good advice is coming from these guys. I too am SC for PTSD but they have been there and done it for a lot longer than I have. I am sure they or I would be more than willing to answer any quetions you may have. If not in public form than just use the PM. Take care brother and good luck.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-18-2003, 07:49 PM

Ya'll have my deepest gratitude.Good advice on what t's to cross and i's to dot is priceless and wonderful.But it's even better to be made to feel that you are not alone in a world that could give a..uh..care less.

Thank you especially SEATJERKER.Don't know if you remember but you guided me out of the snakepit over at THC to where the 24K folks hang.I owe ya BIG TIME bro.

You folks'll be hearing from me unless you come to your senses an set the dawgs on me.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default don't owe me nothin'...

...it is i that owe the "folks' here everything...

...it is when you 'push it" further then it's been pushed before that you get to join this "club"...

...acceptence is from within yourself. these men, and women have taught me that,...

..I have gazed upon the wounded, and tasted his blood, once was enough to last a lifetime, nothing tastes like blood, to wipe it from your eyes brings upon a whole new life, sometimes it takes years to break the spell of it all, and sometimes it takes just brothers, and sisters...

..Sis, is my Sis, spoken to her so many times, always my angel's crutch,...
...tired of being the "posterboy" for PTSD, was mine real, for all of the 4 minutes, yeaaaa...
...but learning to live with it through the sanctity of the brethern here,...
...never admiting the truth of the "actual terrible thoughts that run amuck"...
...would invite any, and all here to experience all that has been "done"...... in it's finest...... such a cross mix of a "select few" with viewpoints conflicting within the boundries of humaniarism,...
...was gonna check out in simplistic terms a "ways" back, and none the wiser sought out this channel in following from others before me, and found what I had secluded myself from ...
... I would like to teach "the world to recover" from the things like "PTSD" as I'm younger then you old goats, but I haven't got a grip on it yet either, though some of you view me in "where the hell is he coming from" aspect, I know where I been, and until you can tell me you been in "hand to hand "combat with an asshole that's gonna kill you as quick as....
...just ramblin', got ramblin' om my mind lord.........
...Doc, your welcome...
...Fred, doc up doc, let him know that as long as the telephone lines run, we'll be here,...
..shit your both in Tenn., throw a rock, and hit each other..........

...Lov ya all, and wouldn't be here without you.....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk