The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2002, 06:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default $165 billion deficit???

? $165 Billion Budget Deficit Projected By White House???????? This is APPALLING!!!!
I?m reading this right??? $165 billion dollar deficit on Bush?s VERY FIRST BUDGET????? Budget deficit was supposed to be a thing of the past!!! It sure was under Clinton. Bush has had 8 solid years of 19% average growth before this with last years budget surplus a whopping $121 billion?that means?let me see, 165 plus 121 =HEY!!?We went in the hole $286 billion since the last time the budget was put together by a Democrat President. This current years deficit, by the way, in no way can be blamed on Democrats--as of yet, they haven?t even touched it.
This is a complete repudiation of ?The Greatest Tax Cut in History-the ?greatest tax cut in History? is a direct cause of this, EXACTLY as I said !
The proof? I Quote: (SF Chronicle,7/13) ?Nearly all the decline [the administration budget analysis said] would come from individual tax receipts.? And where was the tax cut??
YES YES YES!!! I said it then, that if you cut taxes national income drops?WELL DUH!! And you said it would go up!! Helllooooooo?YOURE WRONG!! WAY WAY WRONG!!!? And this is exactly what has happened only now we are worse than we started?MUCH worse-- Your economic policies are disastrous and more of the same next year!! ($165 billion deficit again according to Senate republicans!) What the [heck] is up with this??. This is badm really, really bad
Lets crunch some #s here!! That average $600 tax return we got last year you thought was so wonderful?? If we divide $165 billion deficit by 256 million ( the population of the US) we get:$644.53?that means that you are now $44.53 IN THE HOLE!!!!! And now youre paying bank interest, too!!! (on the $644.53!).but these #s are wrong in your favor too because only taxpayers got refunds but this debt is EVERY man woman and child's!!This is just reallly a rotten performance by anyones standards and I have to ask?is this the best you can do?? You led everybody to believe things were going to be wonderful again. Its Not!! Its LOUSY!! By this time the republican wolves were on Clinton?s throat and where are you now?? This is a DISMAL economic performance, completely dismal?can you spin it ANY other way (hint: it?s the Democrats fault? I DON?T THINK SO!).
Are you better off than you were a year and a half ago??? Not hardly!!! My stock value is down 24% and that?s because I was lucky?thank god I own real estate and have other investments?I?m a financial conservative.

By this humongous deficit the first time out, the Republicans are definitely abdicating ANY claim to financial conservativism, any at all. A financial conservative pays as he goes!!! Is that not right? What kind of airhead runs up a huge credit bill rather than cutting his expenses or raising revenue? This will only mean one thing for George bush?he will have to rescind the tax cut and /or raise taxes to balance the budget?WHICH HE IS REQUIRED TO DO!!!!! He can not have it both ways.That?s what I assume you elected him for?ITS NOT HAPPENING!!!! This is AWFUL!!
And where the hell are you Republican budget hawks??? That talked so big in ?95??You crow all day about stopping the Clinton rise in spending in ?95. Your claim to have been the party that balanced the budget fades off in a bull manure sunset!! The deficit only rises during republican times and decreased in Clinton times?look at the record! Doesn?t matter who?s in Congress.
You won?t get a balanced budget if the president doesn?t propose one?Ive argued that with conservatives for years. This should also put the lie to ?the democrats pork always screwed reagan and Bush? BS also. Reagan had the Senate untill ?87 and missed the House by a small majority untill?86. reagan NEVER proposed a balanced budget, bush neither--not once.
This is just a rehash of reaganomics all over again?Tax cuts plus increased military spending equals huge deficit, end of story.. Even GHB called it voodoo economics. The term ?smoke and mirrors? originated here.
I call on Republicans to balance the budget as you promised!! Let Bush propose a ballanced budget or make way for someone who can!!Clinton did it, why can?t Bush? You were handed a huge surplus. (same republican House!, republican senate but one!) And if you republicans can?t do , you should get the hell out of economics. I call on George Bush to be held as personally responsible for the budget as a CEO should be for the budget of his corporation!! He was given a surplus economy and he?s created a deficit economy, there?s no way to spin these numbers different.
Do you know that 21% of all our expenditures go to national debt service?that?s 1 out of every5 $$ spent!! If you guys can make the national debt go away I?ll be the first to call for a 21% tax cut. But not untill, we can?t afford it. You guys are going to lose these midterm elections big with this bad a performance, I can see it. George Bush will never produce a balanced budget, I?d bet money. Does NOT know how to do it!! His dad couldn?t and he can?t.

James
Happy just to be alive.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2002, 07:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Talking Deficit

In all fairness to read my lips Bush i don't think you can give Clinton too much credit for the budget or economy of the past. He was too busy humping over in the oval office defaming the Presidency of the good ole US to be working much for you or O....I'm afraid we have to give that credit to congress.
Old 07-14-2002, 04:45 AM

Default I've notice anytime anyone starts talking about the budget or the economy

the other side always beings up the sex life of clinton or something else the way i see it give me a man who bangs everything in sight and dosen't f$$k around with our economy. I have the have a balance budget why not the government. keep on telling us James maybe just maybe someone will get the massage.
razz
Old 07-14-2002, 05:47 AM

Cool 165 deficit

well dudywha Clinton's sex life unfortunately for all of us is a part of all of our history or haven't you heard? Dah? Let's call a spade a spade> However your point about a balanced budget is well taken. I agree we should keep the thing balanced and quit screwing with it. Does that make you happier?
Old 07-14-2002, 06:24 AM

Thumbs up And Nixon was a

felon who escaped justice by the skin of his teeth, Reagan had Iran-contra where at least 12 employees including the Sec of Defence[Cap Wienburger] was convicted of felonies. But that has nothing to do with the current budget deficit[sp] get your mind out of thr Clinton gutter and start DEALING with TODAYS's isssues. Clinton couldn't keep his zipper up, unless it was with a minor girl, He's guilty of no more than adulatry. And that his his wife's problem not everybody's who wants to blame today's woes on all but those responsible. Saw a great interview from 96-97? with Dick Cheney praising Arthur Anderson for the GREAT job they were doing for his company Halliburton who are now under investigation, Is that Clinton's fault Too? I don't like Clinton, never voted for him, as a huma I belive he's a scuzz ball. But not evrything negative thing happening in America today is because of a stain on a blue dress. Get with the program LIFE MOVES On.
Old 07-14-2002, 06:45 AM

Cool 165 billion deficit

Look man I was raised a blue dog in Tennessee and worked the polls with Al Gore Jr. when his daddy was running so don't tell me about the Democrats. I don't love the Republicans either! I for one believe where health care is concerned they both have sold out the American people. I don't have an agenda that I bought from my Daddy. If I did it would be to agree with everything the Democrats did. Sorry! They supported the wrong guy in Clinton and they are making big mistakes if they keep selling us out to corporate America like the Republicans keep doing. They need to go back to the party of the working people and they used to be a party of the disabled vet. They need to quit giving the farm away to hollywood and gays and killing half born kids and get back on track in the middle and not so far to the left.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:09 AM

Talking Judy V

Didn't mean to sound like I was dissin' your post or you. I was venting on thos who have demonized Clinton for everthing that is happening in the world. Sorry if thought you that. Frank
Old 07-14-2002, 10:33 AM

Cool 165 billion deficit

sorry Frank I guess I'm too jumpy right now. Peace
Old 07-14-2002, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Hawk`s eye

President Bush inherited a government,and this is not to dis Slick Willy but a fact,that had a totally desimated defence system with human intelligence gathering(the only kind that works)cut to nearly nil-nada-zip-ZERO.I won`t go as far as to blame the previous administration for what happened to America on 9/11/2001,although the case has been made,but I will bring to light the huge cost in dollars in bringing intel back up to snuff and defending our shores and our allies against further brutal attacks.Which,by the by,will happen regardless-but we cannot respond to this maddness with a token launch of a couple of ill-placed missiles.This is WAR PEOPLE!!Our efforts in Afghanistan alone are costing us 25 billion a month!Not to mention other hot spots like the Phillipians,etc.,etc...Come on people..this COSTS $$$$.Just where in hell is all the sabre rattling Patriotism we saw 8 short months ago?...James and Frank and Razz and Gimpy and Ron and any other liberals out there;I respect you and your oppinions and in NO way do I question your Patriotism or impune your integrity-and I expect no less from you-but c`mon guys..Give our Commander in Chief a break and rally behind him

Peace,Griz
Old 07-14-2002, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Deficit

There was once a feller name of Tommy Jefferson. He got elected in part because of his PROMISE to pay off the national debt. It more than doubled under this presidency. Would that made him a bad president?

Another Tommy, T. Woodrow Wilson spent more federal dollars during his 8 year term than had been spent in the entire history of the United States. Again, is he remembered as a bad guy?

Using the value to the dollar of his day, no one ever came close to spending and having a defitic like F.D.R. Isn't he sort of the Saint of one of the political parties?

Seems that sometimes events take place outside the control of a president that cause additional spending. The economy runs in cycles, Adam Smith's "Free Hand of the Market". Plus internation affairs need to be taken into account.

We currently have a big deficit, that's true. Does that make G.W. a bad president? Don't know, ask me in 10 years. (Hope I'll be around to answer.)

Stay healthy,
Andy