The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2002, 05:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool WELCOME HOME TIM

JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU A BIG WELCOME HOME.

I was with FLSG-B/FLC at Dong Ha 68/69

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2002, 06:25 AM

Maybe I should not have put his ravings on this forum. But just irks hell out of me to hear crap like that. Laughing at him is probably the best answer. Sounds like some of you may have ideas who he is.
In 1967 my ship was in a dry dock for repairs near San Francisco
We were not allowed to have civies aboard ship so I was always in uniform when leaving ship, to get to town I had to ride a bus through haight ashbury. I can not tell you how many times I was spit on and called baby burner (and worse) on those trips. I went to Vietnam a short time there after and those words and actions were still in my craw. I guess they still are.
If this guy is the Ron you suspect, I wonder what his motives are??
I was and still am proud of serving my country, I have dedicated my entire adult life to serving it in one form or the other, but will never understand our treatment by the American public back then.
We were the enemy, or at least it would seem that way from the hatered they showed when cursing me.
Sorry my friends, sometimes the memories just rush back on me. Enough of my pity party..
I know I never had it even remotely as hard as you grunts, you have my admiration and gratitude till the day I die. So lets all laugh at this crud some more.
Like the man says, welcome home to you all....
Edgar
Old 05-31-2002, 07:07 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink

Anyone remember the old saying, "The only way three people can keep a secret is if two of them are dead."? We are talking about the same government that runs the INS, the VA and controls the Post Office. Conspiracy buffs crack me up.

I wonder if WWII happened? Or was is a ruse set up by those liberal film makers in Hollywood who wanted everyone to feel sorry for Jewish people?
Oh yeah, and the death of JFK, it was just an elaborate suicide.

Stay healthy, stay sane,
Andy
Old 05-31-2002, 08:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Thank You Andy!!!

When St. Helens blew it was some communists using Mt.St. Helens an atomic bomb target. There is no such thing as a volcanic explosion. My fears have all come true thanks to you Andy. I knew it was a conspiracy.

Keith
Old 05-31-2002, 07:39 PM

Default Andy, Andy!

Of course there was no WWII - our parents and grandparents were all rich and took world tours. 'Course they were all lousy drivers and there were a heck of alot of traffic accidents - did you hear about the one in Normandy?
So a-holes like this are gonna be running around and should best be ignored. Y'gotta wonder what goes through their minds, tho' - wait, better not go there!
Old 05-31-2002, 10:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default NAVYNAM

The only dry dock in San Francisco was at the Hunter's Point Shipyards, on the bay-side of the City south of the Downtown. Downtown San Francisco is also on the bay-side of the City. Haight-Ashbury is in the center of the City, west of Downtown. A bus wouldn't have taken you there from Hunter's Point to Downtown. Not to say that you weren't confronted by some assholes.

I was in uniform several times in my hometown of San Francisco. When I first got home from VN in JUN67 and while home on leave from Ft. Bragg. I was never once spat on [lucky for them], or even harrassed for being in the Army. Once had a bartender give me free beers all afternoon, even though I was underage. Even got layed by a hippie chick down in Haight-Ashbury, even though I told her the truth about why my hair was so short.

San Francisco has a very old military history. There was always a big military presence because of the San Francisco Presidio [Army], Treasure Island Naval Base [Navy and Marines], and always a ship or two in port. The anti-war movement, and it's sheep-mentality followers, NEVER represented the vast majority of San Franciscans. 166 San Franciscans died in Vietnam.