The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2002, 11:24 AM

Default I went to Khe Sahn(please read)

I did the tour of Khe Sahn from Hue.

Saw the Viet tunnels(little bastards),saw the Rockpile also. The runway is gone as is everything else(the Vietnamese ripped up everything). There is nothing there.

I saw whole tops of mountains blow away by the US Airforce, huge rice paddies that are mass graves. Unbelievable. Went to the war Museum the propaganda was ridiculous. Pictures of yokel okels standing next to downed US Fighters(F4īS)---caption read things like "this man shot down this fighter of imperialist US with this rifle"(M1 carbine)---crazy---total shite.

I put straight a couple of Swedes who were crying and comiserating with the Viet guides---total bollocks. I asked tricky questions like "How many North Vietnamese soldiers were killed in the war?"---they didnt like that. I shrugged :-)

I asked why do all Vietnamese want US$ when they fought against American Imperialism---they really didnt like that, ha i shrugged again. We laughed and the Swedes stared at us. They realised we hated the little suckers.

We had a great time in Vietnam though. Its cheap and the beaches great, we had sex with their girls and were smashed drunk most of the time.

I served in Bosnia and Northern Ireland but by God i wished i had served in Vietnam. I would change all my military life for one year in the 1st Air Cav.

ciao

Sgt Wayne Kenneth Smith(ret)
3rd Parachute Battalion
Her Majesties 1st Parachute Regiment
United Kingdom(currently on excursion in Brazil)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2002, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'll Trade!

You can have my tour and all I want from you is to be in Rio! How bout' it?

You can read about one night on my tour on the home page under 6 May 1969. As they say in NYC......have I gotta deal for you!

Airborne
Airmobile
Air Mattrass

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-28-2002, 02:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Default thanks wayne

I was wondering if the little buggers got you glad your back and sounds like you had a goodd time nice hearing from you
Old 05-28-2002, 10:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Wayne

Glad to hear that Communism has done so much good for the place. I'm proud of you keepin' the Airborne spirit alive, Bro: Screw with Charlie, screw their women, and drink all their liquor you could get your hands on . Do they still have BA-ME-BA [33] beer? Heard that it was called that because it was 33% phermaldohyde [SP] . What about Tiger Piss beer [tall bottle with tiger on label]? See any Carling Black Label that got left behind, because us grunts were the only one's that would drink it? It was usually the only choice we were given.

Welcome back, Wayne.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:17 AM

Wink Tom in 66 67 black label and 33 was

all we could get everyone that i knew had a church key all you had to worry about was the rusty cans any port in a storm i guess.
razz
Old 05-29-2002, 08:16 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Beer

Hey Tom:
You can buy "33" as well as Black Lable right here in town. I haven't seen the Tiger. With "33" being a $1.40 a bottle every vet I know has bought just one (maybe two so they can show their wives what they had to put up with). Remembering how bad it was, that's enough.

Stay healthy,
Andy