The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2003, 09:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default nah,...

...looked like a 'David Lettermen" cup he had...

...sent it overnight, supposed to be there by noon, did he get it?, who knows, I would hope it got past the "front desk", and at least into his hands for a chuckle, but given the USPS at times, it might not make it there until today, so hope is not lost, I'll check again tonight to see, usually up anyway, and I'll give him a week, and then ......

...leno might be an idea also, but we'll have to get a little more ingenius,...

...mail it postage due, or return receipt,...

...send him a package with ???one of each???, and with the hat lettered...

...gave it a shot, ............

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2003, 02:56 AM

Sit.rep.-

Saw the shrink.On the bright side it doesn't appear there was any problem getting a PTSD dx..He offered treatment,referal for treatment,and medication.About the third time he mentioned medication I began to wonder if he wasn't planning a nice quiet vacation for me in a place that didn't contain any sharp objects.Frankly,I paniced.Told him I appriciated the thought-pass for now-but...oops!...late for an appointment.Catch ya later Doc.!

I know.I handled the situation badly.My only defense is that I was convinced that I had almost completely put all that stuff behind me and it comes as a shock to find out that I was about the only one who thought so (my wife had some very interesting things to say when I got home).So maybe I managed to make denial into an art form.Maybe I should have had a clue when it took me 6-8yr. to decide that the hole in my face might not be a pimple after all.

Doc. Fred your post was very kind and informative and deeply appriciated.It is unfortuneate that I was unable to read it until after I returned from seeing the shrink.YES, I would very much like to talk to you on the phone.

Oh Joy!This week I get to go to the surg. clinic.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default 9th doc

Work with them, I am now going to 12 weeks of group therapy for aggression and anger management. Doc Fred can help a lot. They say one of the sign of having PTSD is denial. That may be true but I still don't think I have it. :cl: It is a long road Doc but you are on it and it only leads to better things.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:15 PM

PHO

Anger management? You gonna take that duster in for show and tell? Got an idea that if you wonder around much with that rig you're likely to anger the management of several governmental organizations all at the same time.I stand in awe at such expertise!About the best I've been able to do was piss off the guy that runs the bowling alley.Oh well,one has to start somewhere.

I had intended to mention earlier-before I got distracted by head games-that I think Doc. Fred is really on to something with his suggestion about the piss-tube,however I feel it deserves to be expanded to allow "fireing" for record.An 8" tube could be placed at 2 feet(for females and FNG's) labeled "Qual.",a 6" at 4 feet would be labeled "Marksman",a 4" at 6 feet for "Sharpshooter",etc. out to a soda straw at 20feet for "Dist. Shooter".The competitor at the fireing line would be required to remove his shirt and wrap it around the base of the target to be attempted.For the target to be counted as successfuly cleared the competitor...as you were...the competitor's spouse or sig. other would be required to wear said shirt for a time period to be determined.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Lord Lord

I've created a monster! LOL. Doc, I sent you a PM. IT gfives you my phone number. I can't talk tonight but any time after 8 tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sob.gif (179.9 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-26-2003, 10:21 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default The Art of Denial

Doc: If you are suffering from the very real symptoms of PTSD,ie;intrusive memories,nightmares and nightsweats,bouts of depression,anxiety,isolation,etc.,they will ,at some point,become undeniable-even to a great practitioner of the art.I was like the Great Houdini for 30 years,but in 1998 my deception began to fail me and I could deny it no longer,so I went to the VA for help.The programs they have available work if you allow them...or,I should say,they work for me.All that energy expended on denial now is directed straight at living in a world of strangers that could NEVER understand the complexities of my world or yours.This does NOT,however,make John Q. Public any better (or worse) than us...only different is all.I tend to believe that we have one up on them,though. I guess that the main thing to take from what I`m saying here,and what Fred,and Sid,and everyone else has said,is that you are not in this thing alone.I am also 100% totally disabled by the VA for combat related PTSD,and would be more than happy (and honored) to help you in any way possible.My e-mail is in my profile.

Peace,Griz
Old 02-27-2003, 07:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

What Griz said Doc. First steps are always tough , but you ain't alone , remember that brother. Welcome Home
Old 02-27-2003, 09:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default checked in yesterday...

...had to go back, and check in with the Va. yesterday...

...had a real bad night due to flashbacks the night before, and have an appointment tomrrow...

most nights I don't sleep that well, and sometimes hit the downstaires couch as not disturb my wife's sleeping habits, and although i know a lot more then I did a few years ago, I can't run, and hide as easy from the night demons...

...most of you know of my stressors which tend to be screaming, and especially babies that scream, and piss, I absolutly hate the smell of piss,...

...still don't know really what happened the night before as I was on the couch, and trying to rest, somehow I think I pulled a second blanket off the back of the couch over me for a little more warmth, and in the midst of trying to rest, and get warmer, I was getting wet in my "sleep"...

...I lost it at, I don't know 4:30 or so in the morning, and flew off the couch screaming, and in a rage grabbing, and throwing things in the dark trying to get away from that MF'er pissing on me again, rocking chair hit my wife, and upended tables, and chairs, etc,...

...I ended up having to call Arrow in the middle of the night crying profusly, and am now just sitting here shaking again...

...went to the Va. yesterday, and have an appointment for 8 in the morning on Fri. as my counseler wasn't in or available...

...got home yesterday, and in speaking with my wife,(she worked from home yesterday), we were talking it out what happened, and in the conversation I figured it out about the "wet" part of my night, and she said while I was gone to the Va., and she was picking up everything, she picked up the one of the blankets I was using, and it was f*#kin all WET on one end of it, she, and I don't know how it got wet, and half folded over the back of the couch, but it did...how something so simple as water can send me off to where I don't want to be...

...the denial for so long, and the reoccurence of "major stressor" in the middle of the night, such as being pissed on, and wrestling with a gunman being awake would have been one thing to get "wet",... but the actual phyical feeling of moisture while "resting/sleeping, and thinking your safe in your own surrondings didn't work out, I lost it in the dark...

...fight, or flight,... I did both in the dark, and it wasn't pretty...

...I'm thankful for the understanding my wife has shown through the emergence of this in the last several years, and I think I understand that I can't do it alone...

...been doin' that duck, and hide for too long,...

...It's like, "I'll take on anyone, or anything" in the light, but come nightfall,... It's just me, and him, I won that battle, but somehow feel like I lost the "war"...

...just trying to make heads or tales of the last few days, and wanted to thank Sis for being there for me, and my wife the other night...

...hunkered in.........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-27-2003, 09:17 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Curtis

Thank God..prayers have been answered once again.I`m proud of you for doing the right thing in seeking help.Keep chuggin along-one foot at a time..baby steps,if need be..but keep movin.You are blessed with the support of a wonderful wife,and a gaggle of brothers and sisters here in your extended family.I pray for your Peace..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frenchcoastline1.jpg (90.5 KB, 49 views)

Peace,Griz
Old 02-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Stay the course

We are with you all the way Curtis, Just remember you are not alone.