The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2018, 07:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Political Posturing

7-20-2018

I agree that a little bit of political posturing is an acceptable thing, but when any candidate is preoccupied totally with airing out the soiled shorts of their opponent, while at the same time, they totally sidestep any questions concerning their own shortcomings, and this, over a flimsy facade of bogus spit and polish, then what you get, is often what you asked for!!

In my opinion, the major concern in any election has got to be the nation and the people who live within that nation, as they are the ones who stand to either lose or gain from our choices! Not the big-bucks special interests, not any vested political factions, and not those who tell you only what they think you want to hear. And once again, I take great exception when any current politician slanders the likes of Washington, Jefferson, and even Lincoln, and this, just in order to appear to be cute!

Now let me ask you this: “What do you suppose would be the response of someone like Andrew Jackson, or Davey Crockett or even U.S. Grant, to any unfounded insult? And yet, and in today’s political marketplace, this is often all that you hear! And even when push does come to shove, as it did with Hamilton and Burr, those who tend to rewrite the whole story (after the fact) love to leave-out certain elements that they deem not to be politically advantageous – why is that do you suppose?

“In conclusion, and once again in my opinion, politics these days seems to be more about power, control, big bucks, and even egos, than it is about our country or even our mutual advancement and international reputation and more is the shame!”

“May The Almighty Continue To Bless And Preserve The United States of America And Her Gallant People!”

Hardcore
Old 07-21-2018, 08:30 AM

HC - you're 4th paragraph nailed it!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote