The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2006, 08:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Poncho1971

I'm working on it Bob. Not sure yet, have a lot of family problems right now. Dad is 86, just had an operation at Charleston VA, is recuperating now, but has developed pneumonia. Mama is 81, had a stroke a year ago, has done ok, but has been deterioating as she can't walk now. She has developed a blood clot in her foot. If all that's not enuf, my best friend (he's a Nam Vet...199th LIB) is undergoing his 5th chemo threatment for leukemia now. One of my brothers (by blood) and my sister have MS, so everything is up to my older brother and me to take care of. I think it's just another test in my life, to see if I have a breaking point. That's exactly why I NEED a good ride or trip now. I'll do what I have to do, the trip may have to wait. TRouble is, when all lifes troubles arise, so do old demons from long ago start raising their ugly heads. I can hack it, so long as some smarta$$ doesn't get in my face. This is when i need BROTHERS!! Brothers are the only people on earth who understand how to handle (for lack of better words) another brother. Maybe it's because they are the people a veteran feels the most comfortable around, can really be himself. At least that's pretty much the way I see it. I'd go see a shrink, but first thing I'm gonna do is try to analyze the shrink, see what his angle is. I'm just too dang hardheaded!

Joy, helmets DO NOT count as hats on little ole bikers! lol
And they make bikes with training wheels that lower when the bike slows, so I don't plan to ever quit riding. So, some day if you see an old timer with training wheels, don't scare the $hit out of him blowin the horn! lol