The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Airforce

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2005, 03:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Jerry,

Like I said, we took them off whenever we ran engines for any reason. Aside from that, I kept mine on 'cause that Southern Cal sun could fry your brains. I always wore long sleeve fatigue shirts after I saw a guy get the skin pulled off his arm when he laid it on the skin of the plane on a 110 degree day. But once they started painting the C-141's with the white and grey motif from the original unpainted metal surface, I switched to short sleeves. A painted surface, while still hot, wasn't nearly as bad as the unpainted version. I remember one day (actually, there were several) when the temps reached 115 and one of my teamates brought an egg back from the chow hall; he literally cooked it on the wing! The ironic thing was that touching LOX would burn you worse due to the extreme cold.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Don't you Zoomies get it? If you have a morale problem about hats, just buck the situation all the way to the Pentagon, and some genius will solve the problem of hats, morale, and decreased funding availability with one fell swoop: issue black berets to everybody. That's how the Army solved their problems!

Last week, I had the privilege of helping pup #2 get promoted to Captain, and had to stifle several chuckles in seeing some of our female soldiers donned in their cute little berets. While son and I had on our Cav hats, the others in the formation wore berets; the men looked OK, but all I could see in the women was Monica, and how wacky she looked.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout Don't you Zoomies get it? If you have a morale problem about hats, just buck the situation all the way to the Pentagon, and some genius will solve the problem of hats, morale, and decreased funding availability with one fell swoop: issue black berets to everybody. That's how the Army solved their problems!

... but all I could see in the women was Monica, and how wacky she looked.
Good ideas.

I'd like a blue beret please, with a little satin string to tie under my chin.

Ever since the AF excused me from service, things have continuously gone downhill in the heraldry department.

Civies, mind you... they're discussing wearing civies at "work".
Old 06-10-2005, 02:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Blue

A knock-off from a famous movie line comes to mind: Civies... we don't need no stinkin' civies...."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-10-2005, 10:53 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Sir Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout A knock-off from a famous movie line comes to mind: Civies... we don't need no stinkin' civies...."
Yup... I am not sure how I'd react to being informed that for $2 I could wear civilian clothes on an air base while on duty... maybe I would contribute the $2 and keep the uniform on, starched out.

No wonder the other branches pick on us...
Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Meanwhile, in Germany...

http://www.dehavilland.co.uk/webhost...672&category=1

Marching mullets

Soldiers in Germany have been given the right to wear mullets after a court decided that army rules on short hair infringed on their rights.

It all started when an 18-year-old recruit was locked up and fined ?100 for refusing orders to cut off his ten-inch ponytail, ananova reports.

The young man's determination gave in when he was threatened with three weeks in solitary confinement and he was dispatched to the barbers without a murmur.

But while he no longer had the hair to sport a mullet, the teenager decided to take his case to the courts to fight for the rights of other dodgy hairstyle wearers.

And it turns out that the military court in Munich was sympathetic to the soldiers' plea and ruled that making men cut their hair while letting women grow theirs was unfair.

Declaring the rule "unconstitutional" and "incomprehensible", the court gave the freedom of the mullet to all who want it.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Let's see how this works.
Air Force? Civies? Yup, makes sense on the base golf coarse or base yacht club but only if you're an officer. Caddies damn well better be in fatigues.
Full Dress still required only at the dinner club or when certain politicians show up.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Stick Let's see how this works.
Air Force? Civies? Yup, makes sense on the base golf coarse or base yacht club but only if you're an officer. Caddies damn well better be in fatigues.
Full Dress still required only at the dinner club or when certain politicians show up.
El Suckso... hugely.