The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > International

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2021, 02:55 PM

Arrow Israel’s military head has ordered plans for possible hit on Iranian nuclear sites

Israel’s military head has ordered plans for possible hit on Iranian nuclear sites
By: JNS News - 01-26-21
Re: https://www.jns.org/israels-military...nuclear-sites/

Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi urged the new Biden administration not to even renegotiate the Iranian nuclear deal, saying “it is a bad thing and not the right thing to do.”

(January 26, 2021 / JNS) Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi said he has ordered the preparation of plans to attack Iran’s nuclear sites in order to prevent the Islamic Republic from obtaining a nuclear weapon.

“Iran can decide that it wants to advance to a bomb, either covertly or in a provocative way. In light of this basic analysis, I have ordered the IDF to prepare a number of operational plans, in addition to the existing ones. We are studying these plans, and we will develop them over the next year,” he said in a speech to the Institute for National Security Studies (INSS).

“The government will, of course, be the one to decide if they should be used. But these plans need to be on the table, in existence and trained for,” stressed Kochavi.

Earlier this month, Minister of Settlement Affairs Tzachi Hanegbi of the Likud Party said Israel could attack Iran’s nuclear program if the United States decides to go ahead and re-enter the deal. On Jan. 13, Israel launched unusually forceful strikes at Iranian targets in Syria.

Kochavi also urged the new Biden administration not to rejoin the 2015 nuclear deal.

“With the changing of the administration in the United States, the Iranians have said they want to return to the previous agreement. I want to state my position—the position that I give to all my colleagues when I meet them around the world: Returning to the 2015 nuclear agreement or even to an agreement that is similar but with a few improvements is a bad thing, and it is not the right thing to do,” he said.

During his confirmation hearings last week, U.S. Secretary of State Tony Blinken said that America would not be joining the Iranian nuclear deal “anytime soon.”

On Monday, National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan told his Israeli counterpart Meir Ben-Shabbat that the U.S. would “closely consult” with Israel on all matters of regional security.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: Things must be getting a little out of hand over there of late - JNS would most likely like to hit them first rather than suffer a hit on their country?

Something will happen in the very near future - its got all the right issues being put in place on both sides - it will pop on of these day - can't say it hasn't been coming!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links