The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2003, 12:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Don't Drink The Water

I remember a time when I took that cold, clear glass of water for granted. When turning on the tap and having nature?s champagne flow into a crystal clear glass was expected! ?Well, that was then, and this now!?

H2O out here in the west is so hard in places that it sounds like lead shot when it slams out into the sink. And some time back I was shocked when I learned what was in some of the west?s finest water supplies. Outside of lead and arsenic, the mineral content reads like a who?s who from Hell in some places!

I also remember years ago, traveling across country and walking to the johns (toilets) at some rest stops that had to have smelled worse than a Hanoi Bordello on a Sunday morning, or so I?m told?! When I inquired about the stench, I was told that it was a result of sulfur in the water? ?Well, maybe so, and maybe not??

Well, I just heard where at least ?70 BILLION GALLONS? of California?s water ain?t fit for even ?Osama bin Laden? to drink, and that?s saying something!! It seems that a lot of our water out here in ?Amazonia? is contaminated (according to AP) with two (2) particular pollutants - and that?s enough water to slake the thirst of some 400,000 families for an entire year!! For the record, the two pollutants are reported to be -

1 - MTBE, a gasoline additive that is supposed to curb air pollution, and
2 - Perchlorate, most commonly found in rocket fuel....

?How in the hell this shit found it?s way into our drinking water is a mystery, except (I suspect) to a few instantly created millionaires within the Powers That Be?!?

According to the media, the (multiple) parties responsible for this ecological disaster are paying wee-little fines for their transgressions? But, I mean what the hell, isn?t that sort of like attempting to fine Hussein for using nerve gas upon the Kurds? ?Far too little, much to late so to speak!??

As usual, the ?Old Barn Door? is being half-way shut, long after the nag has taken to the hills. In a fashion, I might add, similar to the government?s cavalier attitude in treating and compensating victims of Gulf War Syndrome, Agent Orange and a score card full of other such domestic atrocities!! And if I appear to be harping on this issue, ?YOU'RE DAMNED RIGHT I AM?, as a few in power are quick to (conveniently) forget the sins of their largest contributors!

I guess the bottom line here is that if you are planning a trip to the wild west, remember to bring along plenty of bottled water and your credit card, as there ain?t much anymore that you can get on the open-ended tab, unless of course, you are in politics!!

VERITAS
Old 01-28-2003, 12:37 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 

Ewwwww............ the water here (San Diego) is unbelievably disgusting. Just the other day we were changing out the water in the fish tank and the water was WHITE. The fish did not die.
Won't drink it, ever!!!
Even the dog gets 1/2 bottled water - thats not spoiled, that is smart.
I will never stop believing that NY has the best dang water anywhere!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Still to this day, in my little "Peaceful Villiage" everyone has a private well. There are only about three hundred homes here in town, but that has been the way it has always been, private well - city sewer.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:31 PM

trav...i've been there and it wasn't so bad...8 years in the 60's...
bernadette...we still do have the best
dad burned water anywhere...
hooray for us...

dan t
Old 01-28-2003, 05:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Dan, maybe i came across wrong. I ment to imply that i love it here and how wonderful it is to still be able to drink "good" well water. The state comes through and tests it every two years and we are still way above the rest of the state in all the tests.

Funny they never tell us were the rest of the state is.

This area was first settled by the French because of all the natural springs in this area. The center of town still has a big natural pond, that has the biggest "protected" trout, that produces millions of gallons a year. This is the only "fire hydrant" in town. We have a pipe running out to the middle with a "Storz" fitting on the end by the road. We pull up and plug in just like a normal hydrant, only we have an unlimited supply.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-28-2003, 05:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sleepy Plum City

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-28-2003, 05:38 PM