Old 04-26-2002, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Important Disability Legislation

David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 14-11-2001 at 03:24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My dad passed this on to me.

For those of us looking at disability you should take a minute and read this and vote accordingly.

Legislation that may become important once you hang up the uniform. This is real easy to do. Click on the site and vote. Why should every other federal employee get their retirement and disability compensation when we get it deducted from our retirement pay?

This is an electronic petition regarding what is commonly called dual compensation, i.e., receiving disability pay AND your retired pay.

Current system deduct $ for $ from retired pay to pay disability - not fair. This upcoming vote is one of the closest we have come to making dual compensation a reality. Please "sign" the petition if you are in favor of receiving what is rightfully yours.

Vote yes to the passing of HR303 - disability for veterans. Please go
To the web site and read the petition and sign it. Important info on a Bill before congress!!

The original email comes from a CMSgt Kennedy at the Pentagon.

Vote yes to the passing of HR303. Then forward to anyone you know that would vote yes.

The following URL will take you to a location on the internet where you can sign a petition to Congress urging passage of HR 303 in the House this coming week. Passage of this bill will stop the practice of
retired military members being required to pay their own VA Disability Compensation by having it deducted from their retired pay. Browse over to:

http://www.petitiononline.com/HR303aid/petition.html

This petition will be printed and the results (several copies) taken to The Hill next week to get Representatives attention!

Don't complain about the voting in the Congress, if you don't Participate and make your opinion known!

The companion bill, S-170, will also be coming to the Senate floor for a vote. Urge your senators to pass this bill. Military members are the only ones required to pay for their own disability compensation. If one retires from Civil Service, the FBI, the FAA, Congress, etc., and receives VA disability comp nothing is deducted from their retired pay. Yet
they & military people are all retired from service to the same government!

Web page: www.epmac.nola.navy.mil

"I can imagine no more rewarding career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.' "
President John F. Kennedy, 6 June 1963
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links