Old 04-26-2002, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default This may be old news, but!!!

billygun

Registered to :Aug 28, 2001
Posted 04-02-2002 at 18:44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last week my Doc. took me off Nefazodone, often used in treating P.T.S.D, as it can cause liver damage. My new script calls for Citalopram as it is used for the same job. I have been experiencing the (Joness) from the withdrawal of the Nefazodone (serzone), but a script for Diazepam ( valium ) seems to help some. Just thought I would pass this on, as some of you may wish to consult your Doc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Qoute
arrow

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 04-02-2002 at 20:09
Billy thanks for posting this and I would like to see more comments regard VA drugs and side effects. What works best for some and what doesn't.

This is the first I have heard of the side of effects of this particular drug.

Also I have read a lot of comment elsewhere that long term drug treatment is not the most effective way to deal with PTSD and it would be good to get some feed back on this.

I would like to hear the input of others on drug treatment versus other treatments. Thanks for your input. sis

Profile Qoute
SuperScout

Registered to :Sep 04, 2001
From ripping Springs, Texas
Posted 04-02-2002 at 22:16
Billygun,
Almost never is a continual regimen of 'scripts a good therapy for any condition - it's just treating the symptoms and not the cause or causes. But not having ever walked a mile in your shoes, I can't even begin to tell you what's best for you. I would opt for some alternative treatment that would help me deal with the cause.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links