The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Default David!!!!! Thank You!!!!

To :

The Patriot Files website...without a very few, very loyal readers at one point who WOULDN'T let me quit...for a few weeks, those very, very few were the only readers of Morning Coffee...

For a new, first time author, this is the big time, folks. and without this website and those wonderful few...it would never, ever have happened...

You wouldn't let me, a Marine...quit....

you ajjhowed me...what Semper Fi meant...

I say to you: Semper Fidelis, my Brothers and Sisters...

and David, without this website...it wouldn't have happened, so thank you, too, sir. You have honored and humbled me.

http://www.inthelibraryreview.com/Bo...#morningcoffee

W. R. Bonesteel

Morning Coffee

Added January 3, 2004

Morning Coffee
Author: W.R. Bonesteel
Publisher: Trafford Publishing
Available At: www.trafford.com
Publishing Date: Available Now
Genre: Nonfiction
Format: Trade Paperback
Price: $20.33
ISBN: 1-4120-3494-9
Author Email/Website: wrbones@rap.midco.net
Reviewer: Joyce Handzo
Rating: 8 Gargoyles

Morning Coffee is better than a jolt of caffeine! The thoughts, opinions, and just plain common sense of W.R. "Bones" Bonesteel will keep the minds of readers percolating with interesting ideas all day long.

"Morning Coffee" was first posted on the Internet in June 2001. It attracted a loyal following of people from around the world. Current estimates reveal that nearly two million people read "Morning Coffee" on a daily basis.

For those readers who aren't familiar with Bones and his writing, they are in for a real treat with this book! Bones is a Marine veteran who shares his thoughts and heart on a variety of subjects. His down-home writing style, combined with wisdom gained from his life's experiences, make this collection of essays meaningful and powerful.

He likes to remind his audience that it's a new day with a new opportunity. That alone is certainly a refreshing way to start off the morning. Bones makes people glad to be alive, and opens up their minds to the world around them. In one of his musings, he mentions that "the impact we have on others is hard to define at times, and often hard to determine". This book is like that. There is a lot contained in these pages, and the potential for impacting the mindset of readers is certainly here.

Becky Wiley edited these words of Bones, and she explained that her hardest task was selecting the posts to use in the book. She wanted readers to get "that feeling they have when Taps is played?or our country's anthem?" She was successful.

The book is written in an interesting style. The words of Bones were left alone and express how he talks and the way he wrote his original posts. The result is a very friendly atmosphere, which reads more like a conversation.

Morning Coffee is a stimulating blend of rich thoughts!