The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2005, 06:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default This Site

This is a truly informational and educational site. It's a pleasure to be on it. The fact that you can get so many diverse people in one place, and all for the same purpose is sensational. The stories of places and personal life experiences are, to say the least, eyeopening.

I was too young to know about Vietnam, so to read the personal stories is a pleasure. It gives an "on site" perspective. One that few people have or will ever have. Thanks to all of you who gave your time!

To all the WW vets, I salute you.

It's great to be part of this group. As members of a military service, we will have experiences that no one will ever have. This site is certainly a place to share them.

Thanks!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2005, 08:46 AM

Steve thanks for the kind words. We were all young once ourselves when we are gone you can related on our fine words of wisdom and keep us all moving along.

Ideals change every decade or so and a new wave of youngsters move in on the old. Some listen - some don't - but its nice to see that us older dogs can sometimes make some interesting comments that you young ones can appreciate.

WWII Vets are really thinning out. Korean Vets too - Us VN guys are making notches pretty quick too. But since us there have been many more conflicts and many more soldier's who will carry the flag into the next century and we will all be together some day to recap this stuff among-est old friends.

Keep the faith follow your dreams and be yourself at all times. Express things that bother you and talk them out and sometimes your little problem wasn't so special and that others have worse things than you.

I look at it this way when I get down and out. Whatever bothers me I know someone else has got it far worse. So my petty little thing of the moment doesn't mean a thing compared to others.

Live each day to its fullest and make it count for something. Leave little words of wisdom somewhere and get out smell the air and at night just take a long look up to the stars and imagine all the wonders there are.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote