The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > International > Terrorism

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2002, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Vietnam and Desert Storm come home to roost.

GoldenDragon

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 27-09-2001 at 18:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a simplistic explanation to a very complex issue, but it remains part of the truth.
When our president called for the resolve of the American people, he had good reasons for being apprehensive.
I initially intended to post detailed information outlining our approach to September 11. It would have been extremely lengthy.
In a nutshell.
Americans abandoned it's own troops in Vietnam when things got really ugly. The Vietnamese war was waged by the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong by inflicting terror on the innocent citizens of South Vietnam. They then ran and hid from our military. Soliders became very adept at pulling the rats from their holes. Following the TET offensive of 1968 the war was won. The Viet Cong had been eliminated and were no longer a factor. Only the North Vietnamese were left in opposition. Declassified documents realeased since the war show that the North Vietnamese government was seriously considering surrender. When newspaper reporters starting printing articles and pictures about the protests in the states following TET, the North Vietnamese were encouraged and decided to use our media against us. They did it very effectively. Americans became convinced the war was unwinnable and turned vocally against our military. The cost in American lives was staggering.Eventually our government was forced to pull out, leaving a huge vaccum. This vaccum was soon filled by groups of terrorists like the Khamer Rouge who systematically slaughtered millions of innocent citizens. It didn't even make a ripple in our newspapers.
An even shorter version of the Gulf War. "The Highway of Death." Columns of murderers, rapists and tortuers caught in the open. The decision. Americans would be sickened by the seemingly senseless slaughter so pull back. No resolve. We should have decimated them and not stopped until Saddam Husseins head was on a pike. If we had, September 11 would never have occured. We wouldn't have left a vaccum to be filled by the likes of Bin Laden.
When you seriously injure or damage an enemy you don't leave him alive. You are assured of having a lifelong person who hates everything you stand for.
How is your resolve? Mine is strong. Our country is going to have to get it's hands dirty. Something it (as a whole) has been unwilling to do in the past.

Profile Email www Qoute
David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 27-09-2001 at 19:07
I agree, an injured animal is very dangerous. We need to finish the job this time.

Profile www Qoute
MORTARDUDE

Registered to :Aug 23, 2001
Posted 06-12-2001 at 13:26
GoldenDragon : I just read your explanation, brief and to the point, of the aftermath of Vietnam and Desert Storm and how they relate to the situation we have now. I believe we will do this right !

Excellent !!

Larry

-----------------
Larry 81MM + 4.2" MORTARDUDE B Co. 2/22 (M) 25TH INF DIV. ( 1970 ) St. John 12-13 : This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links