The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Civil War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2007, 05:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Three American Soldiers denied VA Grave marker placement in AZ

I received a letter from a good friend from Illinois Terry Warren, a Veteran of Osage/Caw decent and whose Gr grandfather served in the CSA from the great state of Kentucky.here is his letter about the three soldiers buried in AZ and their plight.
================================================== ==================
With respect to all.
It has come to my attention that a injustice is being perpetrated upon the memory of three American veterans whose remains lay interred in the Citizens Cemetery in Prescott AZ. I speak of the refusal to allow the placement of Va markers upon the graves of CSA veterans...... by one Mrs. Pat Atchison of the Yavpai Cemetery Association.

The veterans of which I speak and their documented units are , William O. McNabb, 60th Tennessee Mounted Rifles, John H. Wright, 16th Missouri Infantry, Hiram A. Owens, 7th Regiment, Georgia Militia..

Through an act of Congress, Confederate veterans are to be afforded the same showing of respect due any other American veteran, and this is rightfully so.

I would ask that you take the proper action and allow the placement of these grave markers.

With reserved regards,

T, Warren Bridgeport, Illinois
================================================== ==============

This letter could be about anyone of us... if in the Future some person with a chip on their shoulder decides that the war we fought and served in isn't politically correct enough to allow us to have our VA grave marker placed in the cemetery by our family after we die!
It is our right as an American veteran to be recognized by our family and peers to have our grave marked with the appropriate headstone . I wrote three letters to my GA Congressman and 2 GA Senators to look into this on behalf of all veterans past,present and future.I hope these men and their families get the recognition of their military service they deserve and vindictive people like the Yavpai Cemetery Association learn that all American Soldiers deserve our respect and honor for they died in service of their country and their fellow soldiers.

Last edited by Jerry D; 11-30-2007 at 05:33 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I received qood news from AZ

My friend fwd an email from AZ about the three soldiers grave markers tonite and it was good news for the Veterans families :-) see below:

GENTLEMEN!

PLEASE RESCIND THIS ALERT! AN AGREEMENT AND ACCOMMODATIONS HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT WITH THE YCA AND YAVAPAI COUNTY. DO NOT SEND THIS OUT! PLEASE RESCIND THIS ALERT! I WILL SEND DETAILS WHEN I GET HOME THIS EVENING.

CURT TIPTON

ADJUTANT, ARIZONA DIVISION SCV
==========================================
Its always nice to know when enough people take an interest in veterans issues even 160 yr old problems you can get positive results
Old 12-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Distinctions
Staff 

Jerry,

First, thanks for posting something in this board, as I want this board to have activity. Second, thanks for posting this story and letting us know about this.

President Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Civil War History
Military History Blog
Frontier Battles
5th Minnesota Infantry, Company D

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Ab84

your welcome