The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2002, 05:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Keep movin , Andy .St. Chris , me and a lot of others here got you covered. Kick ass !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2002, 07:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ...Andy, give us some addresses, and names...

... We will send letters to the effect of what ever you direct us to ask, simple as that....
... when I had a run in with my congressman here a bit back, "Bits" e-mailed him a letter, along with some others I know,, and when they start getting letters supporting "ANYONE", from, "ANYONE OUT OF STATE", It draws more attention....

...10-15 letters start showing up asking why has this happened, when everything was going "ok" before???...
...WE CAN MAKE AS MUCH NOISE AS YOU WANT, OR NEED ON PAPER...
..."stay pesky"

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-19-2002, 05:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Gauntlet is down!

Andy,

Post the Newspapers letters to the editors email and snail mail addresses. I mean Boston, Springfield, and anyother town you can think will help.

Since Doc and I will be with you in a few weeks you need to get a press conference set up for the Moving Wall. I will be more than happy to talk about what I saw for 13 years working for the VA. The main thing will be to get your story and the others out at a place like the moving wall. The media usually eats that shit up.

You are not a whore.......well maybe not in the context you used. Hell to win this battle I'd use Kennedy, Clinton, Gimpy, and James! (lol) I'm with Gimp on this one. It's time those Yankee papers heard some Suthin wisdom.

PissedoffPacko

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 06-19-2002, 12:42 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post replies

Sis: ?A Petition to your reps?. I don?t know. If I need to go that way there are some local organizations that need to be contacted also, but I don?t know if that?s the route that should be taking, just yet.

Seatjerker: ?Did you receive prior notification?. YES. From the VA - Personal Hearings. ?You can request a personal hearing?? ?If we receive a request for a hearing within 30 days we will continue payments at the present rate until the hearing is held and we review the hearing testimony.? In a letter from the VA dated June 11, 02 they say, sorry for the delay we are still processing your application.
This is a one on one situation, however it?s odd that several others I know are also getting cut at the same time and in the same manor.
?Embarrass them?. Chemotherapy is in fact poison. Every time you do a chemo treatment it?s supposed to take 5 years off your life span. After each treatment my hand
(where the needle is for 4 or 5 hours), turns black, blue, yellow brown. I was thinking of a picture of my hand to go with the news paper article.
?Is it a paper snafu.? NO, The VA?s letter to me from back in March, in part says: ?Dr. R. S., dated Feb. 2002 indicates that the veteran has been through many cycles of chemotherapy. In 12/99 he received CHOP chemotherapy and Rytuxan, which resulted in a remission of his NHL. Veteran has residual disease, however, and his infectious complications are related to his altered immune system.?
They sort of forgot to say the remission did not begin until July of 2000. They also use the term ?residual disease? as though I had a cold. My doctor refers to residual effect of an incurable disease. But I guess those are just details.

Keith: (Start over re: the paperwork). I?m thinking about doing that. The DAV and VA keep telling me how busy they are. I?ve contacted the Military Order of the Purple Heart. They say they are not too busy for me. However, being an experiment; this time the doctors are pumping all the drugs into me once a week for 8 weeks, as opposed to the usual 5 to 7 months. By the time the MOPH gets going I may be finished with this round of treatments and be told I only have ?residuals? again.

Gimpy: Thanks, I would never have thought to tell the reporter that Kennedy, Kerry and others have been notified. This is an election year for all the Reps of course and Kerry wants to run for Prez in ?04. I wouldn?t mind being someone?s poster boy. Also contacted my Rep, John Olver who?s secretary said she?d contact the VA today and get back to me by Friday with answers.

I will also call the DAV and MOPH as well as politicians asking for names of people who have been through this. Don?t want to sound morbid but I wonder how many Agent Orange guys are dead? Wonder how many of them are too sick to fight?

Don?t know if contacting local TV is that good an idea. This area can be a little cold and not just the weather. If you don?t have tubes sticking out of you, most people don?t get sympathy. I look fairly healthy, it?s hard to see cancer cells.

Pho127: Thank you. I?ve never hear anything but good stuff about Max. (Except that he?s a democrat. Oops, sorry that was the old me.)

Lt.: You got it right, St. Chris, the Big Guy and J.C. What a team!

The address for the Daily Hampshire Gazette is PO: Box 277, Northampton, Ma. 01061.
Did an interview with them today, the reporter said this matter made no sense at all. (I agreed.)
The Springfield Union is PO: Box 2350 Springfield, Ma. 01102
I?ll contact the Union After the Gazette article runs, a sustained attack seems like a good idea.

Stay healthy, please,
Andy
Old 06-19-2002, 01:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default so who's gonna type up a letter...

...that covers what we need to say in order to open some eyes, I can cut, and paste, and print off my upstairs com-u-tater, and if it's written in "more" offical terms then I would use, it prob would be a little more credible then my "what the hell are you idiots doing now to another veteran to screw up what he rightfully earned protecting your sorry asses"...
...otherwise I'll just have to use my own gentle/subtle tact to deliver the message, and make some waves...
...draw it up, and I've got stamps....

...and something else, being that I am a service officer in chapter #38 of the DAV here, and being one of your really close nearby neighboring states, I'm wondering if I should just happen to mention that our voting constituents reach across the borders to your nice little state....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-19-2002, 01:13 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post Paco

The moving Wall thing is being done in conjunction with doing a tribute to the men who died from our town during the war. It's their day in the sun, even if they can't enjoy it. To draw attention away from them would be less than honorable.

Once the tribute to the locals is concluded, I'd be happy to talk with any news people. AND it would be fun listening to you talk with news folks, I could be the interpreter. 30 years ago, remember Sam Irvin as the Chair of the Watergate hearings. Up here we liked him cause he could talk and dust the desk with his eyebrows at the same time. But due to the fact he spoke a dialect which we assumed was a lower form of Okiephanokie, we never had a clue what was going on. But he did look sincere so we all know Nixon was guilty.

The next few weeks will be interesting.

Stay healthy,
Andy the Resolved
Old 06-20-2002, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Obviously

my dear friend, I didn't expect you to be the main focus and agree it's the wall and what it represents that is. I do agree that afterward we need to talk with the press because your battle is one that millions of other vets from all era's are battleing....an uncaring, bullshit, burocracy that does not give an damn and hasn't since Korea. All vets since WWII have been looked at as undeserving cry babies because we were wounded mentally, physically, and exposed to agents that will just kill us later. The system of hospitals is failing......only those without the means use them, and the system of benefits is clogged to the breaking point. Being a VA nurse was the most prestegious position an RN could have. Now it's a position for those that would get fired from any private hospital. It's long overdue, and I used to say no to this propositon, but it's time to get rid of the VA hospital system and allow us to use our cards to get care where WE want. Welfare recipients have that choice.....we do not. I am just so disgusted right now I'm babbling.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 06-25-2002, 06:48 PM

Default A place I alerted the toops

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....000#post823000

I also cross-posted the link to the above thread in Glocktalk's Coptalk forum, since Andy is a former LEO as well.
'Every little bit helps.......
m
Old 07-03-2002, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Exclamation Great news (?)

Got a letter today from the VA. I've been re-instated as 100%, that's great but the letter sounds like something out of a comedy routine.
My 100% for cancer is temporary and I'll be re-evaulated six months after my current treatments are done. The letter indicates that I must receive chemotherapy, radiation or whatever, every 12 months or it's dropped back to 40%.
However, because I'll always have the "residual" effects of incurable cancer, I'm permanently unemployable. So, I'm permanently and totally disabled, which gives me 100%.

Gimpy: Do that mean what I think it do? Think I should appeal a decision that gives me 100%? I haven't heard this kind of convoluted logic since Clinton said oral sex isn't sex. (My wife explained that wasn't really true and she didn't care if he was the president. She even told me she out ranked him!)

I've come to the opinion someone in Boston is mixing their Scotch with water that comes right out of the Harbor. What a great country.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 07-05-2002, 01:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default UMMMMMMMMM!

Must be a Republican in charge of that agency now, huh? Damn there is ! Ole Anthony J Principi hisseff---not a betta X-ample uv kornsurvative right-headed thinking up thare, ya knoe?

Anyways, all kidding aside----what I don't understand IS---why are they reevaluating after SIX months IF they are only going to reduce it to 40% after one year of no chemotherapy or radiation??? I believe I would take this "award" letter (or decision) to a knowledgeble service rep from the MOPH, DAV, VFW and any other organization you may be associated with for some confirmation of that 100% "permanent & total" my friend.

But, it sounds liker yer gonna be OK ta me!

Good luck & God bless,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.