The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Enduring Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2006, 07:29 AM

Don't know about a stalemate, but sure a good way to go about getting our collective arses kicked next spring when the Talibs come back out of the Pakistan mountains!!!!

Sorry to hear about Unca Gene...remember us discussing him and his service in past EMails. He's been thru some tuff times before, so here's hoping he beats this rap, as well.

Altho it's just plain too damn bad you have to clean up behind road litter slobs, it's good that you (and hopefully others like you) are out and about making a positive difference...KUDOS to YOU!

Semper Fi from the Sands of Kandahar,

El Lobo Viejo Griz de Kandahar
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2006, 11:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET Don't know about a stalemate, but sure a good way to go about getting our collective arses kicked next spring when the Talibs come back out of the Pakistan mountains!!!!
I sure hope that scenario does NOT happen ... they can come out of Pakistan ... but I would like their arses handed back to them ... how do they get their money and supplies while hiding up in the mountains ? I mean, if there is that dang many of them to be a threat ... thats alot of food and stuff to supply them with ... there must be obvious indications of truck convoys, or horseback convoys ...

I ain't no President Jimmy Carter building homes for the poor, nor a "Drs without borders" ... but this Litter Cleanup is kinda where the rubber meets the road ... very basic ... thx.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:42 AM

They have more "financing" than they can use...from those around the globe who wish us harm and the POPPY Crop here in the Stan!

They go into the mountains of Pakistan where we cannot go after them...at least at this time...a HUGE gaff on "our" part...t'hell with who doesn't like it! Go get them and kill them. There are some Muslims who are evolving...becoming more modern...more accommodating w/re to tolerence of non-Muslims...but...the Talibs and other like them...simply fall into the category of "some people just need killin"...!!!

Long day...hittin' the rack.

Semper Fi from the COLD & Muddy Sands of Kandahar,

WVM
Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 AM

Merry Christmas to you All

Here's a little something I just read - thought you'd like it.

Subject : Casualties of war

A U.S. Marine squad was marching north of Baghdad when they came upon an Iraqi terrorist, badly injured and unconscious.

On the opposite side of the road was an American Marine in a similar but less serious state. The Marine was conscious and alert and as first aid was given to both men, the squad leader asked the injured Marine what had happened.

The Marine reported, "I was moving north along the highway here, and coming south was a heavily armed insurgent. We saw each other and both took cover in the ditches along the road.

"I yelled to him that Saddam Hussein is a miserable, lowlife, scumbag, and he yelled back that Senator Ted Kennedy is a good-for-nothing, fat, left wing liberal drunk.

So I said that Osama Bin Ladin dresses and acts like a frigid, mean spirited woman!"He retaliated by yelling, "Oh yeah? Well so does Hillary Clinton!"

"And, there we were, standing in the middle of the road shaking hands, when a truck hit us."

COL my best to you and your men -

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 AM

I love this one Boats...! It's been going around for awhile, but I read it everytime...and...laff everytime!

COLD here now...not snowing like it is up north in Kabul, but still cold enuff for me...freezing the standing mud puddles (from some recent rains)...etc. Hard to believe that just a couple months ago it was 130+ in the shade here!

Thanks for your well wishes Boats, and since we never know about being able to get on the I-Net over here, please allow me to wish one and all a very Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy, Prosperous New Year!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wayne,...

...just "God be with you through this journey",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 12-22-2006, 08:28 AM

...thanks...need all the support and prayers we can get!!!!

Gonna be interesting to see IF the Talibs take some shots at us with rockets and mortars over CHRISTmas?!?!?!?

Sun came out today but it was still COOOOOLD and windy.

Attaching a flick that pretty much shows what I think of this weather...!

Old 12-22-2006, 11:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wayne

You and all your compadres are in our thoughts and prayers for a happy, bountiful and most of all SAFE Christmas & New Year.

Me and my better half (Jackie), and our children and five grandchildren will be "tipping" our glasses sending you a hearty 'toast' along with prayers for a safe tour, a wonderful homecoming and healthy and prosperous return to your loved ones!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & God Bless you all!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

gonna be wet for a bit ...

http://www.weather-forecast.com/loca...har.1to3.shtml

Internet is amazing ...

Merry CHRISTmas ... if yah can call being 8,000 miles away from YOUR family anything less than ... well, lonely ... can I use that word.

I like cold but could not take 130, 140, or 150 ...

This is a heck of a sacrifice you are making ... with some time left to mark ... at this stage in my life I wouldnt have done what you are doing ... hopefully, you guys can make a difference.

Beau
Old 12-23-2006, 11:30 AM

You bet COL you take care. Happy Holidays

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"