The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2008, 02:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Does experience matter?

Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have in terms of actual work days? Not much.

From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.

143 days -- I keep leftovers in my refrigerator longer than that.
In contrast, John McCain's 26 years in Congress, 22 years of military service including 1,966 days in captivity as a POW in Hanoi now seem more impressive than ever. At 71, John McCain may just be hitting his stride.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 04:52 PM

Dont you think you should deduct the days that Obama didn't work

143 days = 20.43 weeks
now take away the days off
weekends, public holidays, sickies etc

does not leave much does it

will leave the calculation up to you Super scout
Old 05-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Digger

Your mathematical questions hit the target that I painted earlier! If one were to subtract all the days off you mentioned, this Obama goober would have about three weeks max, of very questionable experience, to lead the nation. I think not! If he starts spoiouting about his 'foreign policy' experience, my daughter and my two sons each have three time the experience he has.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout,...

To answer your title question,...Apparently Not.

But then, experience never does nor ever did mean much to America's Democrat Political Machine.
The only thing mattering to such is whether actual honesty or poor character
failings about their candidates can be kept-under-the-rug,...until after elections are over.

"His Slickness" Bill Clinton being an excellent example of such.
Little if anything much was made of facts that Clinton: "Despised The U.S. Military", was a
Draft-Dodger & treasonably War Protested AGAINST America ON FOREIGN SOIL,...
just as did;"Hanoi Jane Fonda" and/or his quite like-minded soulmate.

Since the subterfuge got: "Slick Willy" (as nicknamed by friends & cohorts) absurdly made a
Commander-In-Chief TWICE, I was truly surprise that Old Jane wasn't made Secretary of
Defense,...at least ONCE.

Whatever, and old political phonies aside, let's deal with latest phonies Hillary & Barack.
Believe all: "Pathogical Liar" Hillary Rodham Clinton says,...and suffer the consequences.
Or, believe what Muslim Turncoat and "Born Again" & "Pray to Jesus every night"
Barack Hussein Obama. Jr. says,...and also suffer the consequences.

Oh, and by the way Fellas, do either of you know whether Barack is much tighter a friend
with Christian Reverend Wright or Nation of Islam Farrakhan?? Just curious.

Neil
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Does experience matter?

Evidently............not MUCH!

George W. Bush was "loaded" with "experience", wasn't he?

Look where he's taken this country?

And as for John McSames' "experience"..........what resounding accomplishments has he achieved in those 26 years of service other than helping out the criminals of the "Keating Scandals", the farce of the McCain/Fiengold Act (what a joke!) and the re-establishment of "normalized relations" with the Peoples Republic of Vietnam? Oh yeah .... and don't forget his participation in the Senate Select Committee on MIA/POWs'!

He and that other politician y'all like to continually condemn (John Kerry) have earned the continuing contempt and disdain of nearly ALL the families of those MIA's still unaccounted for by the North Vietnamese when they "closed the books" on all those troops and the heart broken families.

And as for his 22 years "in service"..........for Gods sake man, he was responsible for the loss of five (countem FIVE--5--) of his OWN AIRPLANES !

Some pilot!

And, how many of his former POW compatriots have YOU seen on the "podium" with him lately???? Ever wonder why???

Why don't you ask the fellows who helped start the Swift Boat Veterans Against John Kerry(remember how much support you gave THOSE folks a few years ago?)......like Ted Sampley. Or.........the Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain? I'm SURE they'd be more than willing to offer up some explanations for THEIR concerns about McCain for you.

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy,...

What-on-earth do the about 400 or so Officers, Doctors & Enlisted Personnel in
Lying War Protester JFKerry's old outfit now called: "Swift Boat Veterans",.....
have to do with Democrats' Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain??????????

Besides, what could any HONEST Vietnam Veterans possible have AGAINST McCain?
Wasn't he as heroic as "Them" or suffering enough during his 6 years of torturous captivity?
Would sure like to see "Their" War Records & Commendations, as opposed to John's.

Neil
Old 05-13-2008, 05:02 PM

If I had a two headed coin ...one side with Kerry on it and the other side with McCain on it ... I would file Kerry's head OFF
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Are you really that dumb??

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconeil View Post
What-on-earth do the about 400 or so Officers, Doctors & Enlisted Personnel in
Lying War Protester JFKerry's old outfit now called: "Swift Boat Veterans",.....
have to do with Democrats' Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain??????????

Besides, what could any HONEST Vietnam Veterans possible have AGAINST McCain?
Wasn't he as heroic as "Them" or suffering enough during his 6 years of torturous captivity?
Would sure like to see "Their" War Records & Commendations, as opposed to John's.

Neil

The group you're refering to is NOT...."Democrats"...Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain you dingbat!

The two founders of this group are staunch rightwing Republicans and highly decorated Vietnam combat veterans. John Kiley and former Ranger and Special Forces Ted Sampley.........who were also complicit and highly involved with the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth and organized The Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry!

Don't belive me?.............Check out these two sites......

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

http://www.usvetdsp.com/

Now then, if these guys were good enough for you to "expose" John Kerry......why then aren't they good enough to "expose" John McCain, huh??

Just asking..............

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy,...

As usual, all names you call any daring to oppose You Democrat Political Supremacists,
actually describe most all Perpetual & Purposeful Word & Reality Twisting Democrats,........
To a T.

Hell, man. Your expecting people to believe that: "Vietnam Veterans Against Vietnam are
Republican voters and not actually Beholding Democrat Veteran Hacks isn't just silly.
It is downright idiotic!

Do you actually believe all The DNC Bull which all Party Faithful MUST concertedly echo?
Sure-as-hell-seems-so. Do you get excommunicated if not complying?

Neil
Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Here's your boy, gimpy

A television news segment produced by Al-Jazeera .
The segment explains how young Palestinians have banded together to call American voters at random asking them to vote for Obama.
“It all started at the time of the US primaries,” says one of pro-Obama Palestinian organizers. “After studying Obama’s electro campaign manifesto I thought this is a man that’s capable of change inside of America. As for potential change in the Middle East, he can also do that if he can bring peace to the area. At least this is what we hope.”
Townhall was tipped off to the video by American Spectator’s Phillip Klein, who wrote Tuesday “It’s been around, but I'm just now seeing this Al Jazeera report of Palestinians in Gaza phonebanking for Obama. I hear that Hamas, which has endorsed Obama, has a bit of influence in those parts.”

Ahmed Yousef, a political adviser of the anti-Israel terrorist group Hamas said Hamas supports Obama last Sunday. “We don’t mind–actually we like Mr. Obama. We hope he will (win) the election and I do believe he is like John Kennedy, great man with great principle, and he has a vision to change America to make it in a position to lead the world community but not with domination and arrogance,” Yousef said in an interview on WABC radio.

In recent days, Obama's position on the Isreali-Palestinian conflict has been scrutinized. One of his Middle East advisers, Robert Malley, resigned over the weekend after reporters found Malley had met with Hamas.