The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

WOW!!!,...Locksly.
What else can any NEVER SO MISTREATED (myself included) Veteran say?

Good Luck again, and hope all such horror stories end ALL Veterans are treated well.

Neil
Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 PM

Well two of the guys that were walking with walkers some got discharged from here to medicare nursing homes and died within the week. I guess the V.A. saved a little money on them.

Well also the building 9 people have started moving into the community living center or building 116 here at the VA hospital and soon building 9 will be closed and over 32 old veterans will be stuck out in some medicare nursing home with the rest of the old greatest generation . The veterans will just have to get by as the country doesn't want to take care of the old soldiers and sailors anymore .
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Now the building 9 is closed and the patients are in the nursing home where the guys here were sent out from . Some home over 32 old veterans will be stuck out in some medicare nursing home ,some to will soon be homeless .
Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM

Angry Ya know

What's happening all over is really sad. Our town just found out that the water we've
been drinking (35+ years) is highly contaminated and can cause nerve damage and cancer.
But the town is also now bank rupt and broke and can't fix the problem. Not sure what we can do - the house is paid well maintained and you can't sell it because the water is contaminated. You don't know how much of your life was lost to illness caused by the water and there is nobody you can sue for damages or get assistance in the money you loose on your home now.

This is a chain like occurrence all over the states. The VA issues are just terrible in some place and just great in others - why is that? VA care should be a large priority to all states since their kids are serving as shields for the civies who wouldn't go in - even if they were drafted. Sad issues really sad.

The older I get the more angry I become. I should be mellow and kicking back trying to enjoy was little life I have left. Yet my kids - my fellow Vet's and the issues of the day just aggrevate the living hell out of me.

HC (my old friend) was right to be outspoken on these issues to never let them just walk away and get away from the responsibilies they are charged with. Radical thoughts cause me concern as I only had many of these feeling when I was in the service. I've put many of these aside thinking madness was not a way out rather a cause and effect that will heal with time. Not so -

I pray we all have a better outlook in the near future what little future we may have. Isn't there anything good happening anywhere?

Your Pal

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-18-2012, 12:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Glad seeing you once again speak out here against those whom: "Just walk away and get away from the responsibilities they are charged with" regarding Old or Disabled (or both) Veterans,...just like you and many others used to do.

I also must agree with your: "What's happening all over is really sad".

Just as here on Patfiles, most Honorable Veterans in America rarely ever display any righteously warranted anger and outrage over cavalier mistreatment in general of Fellow Veterans,...like they once used to do here in big numbers and quite rightfully.

Hell! Even The Biggies like American Legion & VFW apparently never wishing to ruffle any feathers of our pompous ruling elite obviously much prefer remaining silent about those Veteran Home Horror Stories, such as Locksly and other Honorable Veterans expose.

Regardless, I'll never understand why a multitude of Honorable Veterans don't display outrage over mistreatment of Fellow Honorable Veterans? What else is more important?

After all, solely Active Duty Military Personel must fear wrath of those Political Rulers/Leaders Commanding/Dictating their Admirals and Generals about most everything.

Whereas, Veterans (Disabled or not) should fear, beg or grovel to NO ONE, much less to once: "Hippies" or; "Peacenik" civilian politicos,...for what selflessly earned and deserved.

Neil
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 PM

BUILDING 9 now closed this has moved to the nursing home building 116

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R)
Our PM&R program provides services and treatments in Kinesotherapy, physical therapy and specialized services to veterans in need of rehabilitation following amputation, stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury.
PM&R health services include —

Occupational Therapy
Physical Therapy
Speech Therapy
Recreational / Creative Arts Therapy
Kinesiotherapy
Specialized Health Services to veterans in need of rehabilitation following amputation, stroke, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord injury Tennessee Bay CLC/9B

http://www.tennesseevalley.va.gov/services/clc.asp

Provides short-term Rehabilitation care to medically and psychiatric stable patients who may have recently suffered a stroke, myocardial
infarct, amputation, orthopedic procedures and deconditioning. (30 beds)
Community Living Centers (CLC)
VA TVHS offers compassionate care to eligible Veterans with chronic stable conditions including dementia, those requiring rehabilitation or short term specialized services such as respite or intravenous therapy, or those who need comfort and care at the end of life are served in the VA
building 116
Carribean Islands CLC/East (E)

Provides long-term care to veterans who are unable to live in the community because of long-term skilled nursing needed for medical co-morbidities. (60 beds)

Patriots Haven CLC/West (W)

Provides long-term care to veterans who are unable to live in the community because of long-term skilled nursing needs. Veterans may required a secure unit or require skilled managed care. (41 beds)

Patriots Cove CLC/Southwest (SW)

Serves as a referral center for VISN 9 long-term patients that require psychiatric care. Each VISN facility has two beds designated for veterans in their catchment area. (12 beds)

http://www.tennesseevalley.va.gov/services/clc.asp
Old 08-15-2012, 08:04 PM

The VA will close next year the main HOSPITAL building called 1A the Emergency-room and the Dental office . This will give the man in charge a big bonus for next year.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:41 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation

Full Transcript: Neurosurgeon Briefed by HHS Reveals Obamacare's Death Panels (Hint: Patients Are Called 'Units')fficeffice" />>>

A caller -- "Jeff" from Chicago, Illinois -- spoke with Mark Levin on November 22nd regarding advanced neurological care under the auspices of the new health care law.

Junior Cub Reporter Biff Spackle transcribed the entire conversation (only excerpts had been published before).

Every American concerned with health care needs to read this conversation.

I heard you talk earlier about the government not knowing how to make pencils and you talked about brain surgeons. And I happen to be a brain surgeon, so I found your topic quite interesting.

I just returned from Washington, DC, where we were reading over what the Obama health care plan would be for advanced neurosurgery for patients over 70, which we all found quite disturbing. As our population gets older, the majority of our patients are getting over 70. They'll require stroke therapy, aneurysm therapy, and basically what the document stated is that if you're over 70 and you come into an emergency room... if you're on government-supported health care, you'll get "comfort care".

ML: Wait a minute... what’s the source for this?

Jeff: This is Obama’s new health care plan for advanced neurosurgical care.

ML: And who issued this? HHS?

Jeff: Yes. And basically they don’t call them patients, they call them units. And instead of, they call it “ethics panels” or “ethics committees”, would get together and meet and decide where the money would go for hospitals, and basically for patients over 70 years of age, that advanced neurosurgical care was not generally indicated.

ML: So it’s generally going to be denied?

Jeff: Yes, absolutely... If someone comes in at 70 years of age with a bleed in their brain, I can promise you I’m not going to get a bunch of administrators together on an ethics panel at 2 in the morning to decide that I’m OK to do surgery.

ML: Is this published somewhere where the general public could get a hold of it?

Jeff: Not yet.

ML: So this was just discussed with your community of neurosurgeons?

Jeff: Yes, the AANS [Ed: the American Association of Neurological Surgeons] and the Congress of Neurosurgeons, because everybody knows that cuts are coming in Medicare and medical reimbursement. And we're the most expensive out of all the fields in medicine. And we're the smallest field. But at two, three, four in the morning, we're the ones in the operating room. And we have to wait for an ethics panel to convene, which are not made of physicians -- they're made of administrators. To decide whether a patient should receive our care.

ML: So Sarah Palin was right. We're going to have these "death panels", aren't we?

Jeff: Oh, absolutely. I'm German by heritage, and I've read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and -- basically, they don't call them patients, they call them units. And if you're a unit above a certain age, you get comfort care instead of advanced neurosurgical intervention.

ML: You went to a seminar in Washington, DC?

Jeff: Yes. Where a few of my former partners, two of them, have gone to work... one for the Veteran's Administration and one for the Congress of Neurosurgeons out of DC.

ML: And this information is based, you're certain, on representations and information provided by HHS and other government officials?

Jeff: Yep.

ML: And when will the rest of us become aware of it? After the [presidential] election?

Jeff: Probably. I mean, there's so many things that the government keeps under control that are used -- things called H.U.D. devices -- humanitarian use devices that we're allowed to use now because they haven't undergone full FDA approval. And they're used in surgery because people know it's the right thing to do. But the government can step in at any time, like they did two months ago with a device, and say, 'this device hasn't met what we want' and there's no exact criteria, and can therefore take it away from us.

ML: And the people telling you what to do -- they don't know how to make a pencil, do they?

Jeff: Exactly. That's what I'm saying. You know, we always joke around -- 'it's not brain surgery' -- but I did nine years after medical school, I've been in training ten years, and now I have people who don't know a thing about what I'm doing telling me when I can and can't operate.

The unintentionally satirical "Politifact" website hardest hit.>>
>>
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...riefed-by.html

This is important to all of us who get out medical treatment from the government. It is already showing up in the treatment of veterans over 70. A vet we know won't get any more colonoscopies. (You do know that this is the best way to find colon cancer which is common in Vietnam Veterans) His wife won't get a knee replacement.

Over 70 you get a pat on the head and two tylenol. Aspirin is not recommended for over 70.

Darrel
Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 AM

The V A continues to discharge patients to substandard minimum bid nursing homes from the V A nursing home at Murfreesboro Hospital. The man across the hall from me was sent to a nursing home as was gone only 3 weeks before he was back in the Emergency room here at Murfreesboro V A Hospital. He died of a massive heart attack and lack of oxygen , he was on bottled O2