The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

The more I read about this guy, the more he sounds like a total douche! I guess him and Obama are perfect for each other. I just hope they stay the hell out of the White House.

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2008, 06:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Slow Joe Biden

“[Barack] Obama represents the merger of two of the worst aspects of Democratic politics—’60s radicalism and corrupt Chicago machine politics. With the addition of Slow Joe Biden to the ticket, Obama has added to his unsteady candidacy an epic amount of Beltway cluelessness and arrogance unsupported by anything except frequent flier miles and Delaware’s love for a chuckle-headed fellow with a big smile... I was worried that the Dems had pointed out to Obama that his serial gaffing had brought the campaign close to a break point and that he needed Hillary. I was worried he’d actually go find Anthony Zinni or Sam Nunn or someone of accomplishment and purposefulness in foreign affairs. [Jim] Webb would have been hell on the stump. [Tim] Kaine or [Evan] Bayh would have put different states into play. [Kathleen] Sebelius was a wild card. But Biden?... Put Biden’s obvious flaws aside and ask yourself how in the world Obama decided to go with Biden, and you’ll quickly realize that the Democratic nominee must have been impressed with Biden on the long campaign trail of 2007 and 2008—even though voters weren’t and even though Biden has no accomplishments of note after 36 years in the Senate. Biden talked a great game and dropped some very interesting place names—and this impressed Obama. Talking the talk has been the key to Obama’s success, and in Slow Joe he found an older, far better traveled but equally prolix gas bag... For Obama, it is all about politics and words, elections and poses. Slow Joe is the perfect running mate on a perfect ticket for a party betting on wind to solve the energy crisis.” —Hugh Hewitt

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-25-2008, 06:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dumbass quotes from John MccAin

I hope you guys really want to go down the road of "Who's stupider, Biden or McCain," I really do It'll be the dumbest thing you did since you elected George "No Medals on his Discharge " Bush and Dick "Shoots the guy in the Orange Vest and Hat" Chenay You won't find anything in Biden's record as plain old stupid dumbass as Cheney shooting the guy in the orange vest and hat. (And then sending his lobbyist friend out to explain it all away while he hid---shame, shame)

here's some of what you'll be defending: ( Hey conservative women! be sure to check that last one where he calls Cindy a "cunt.")Interesting way of speaking to your loved ones you conservatives have.

"I think -- I'll have my staff get to you. It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you." --after being asked how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own, interview with Politico, Las Cruces, N.M., Aug. 20, 2008

"Ma'am, let me say that I don't disagree with anything you said." --after a woman at a town hall meeting said, "If we don't reenact the draft, I don't think we'll have anyone to chase Bin Laden to the gates of hell," Las Cruces, N.M., Aug. 20, 2008
"I think if you're just talking about income, how about $5 million?" --after being asked by Rev. Rick Warren to define "rich," Lake Forest, California, Aug. 16, 2008

"My friends, we have reached a crisis, the first probably serious crisis internationally since the end of the Cold War. This is an act of aggression." --on Russia's invasion of Georgia, forgetting crises such as the Gulf War, 9/11, and the Iraq war, Aspen, Colorado, Aug. 14, 2008

"In the 21st century nations don't invade other nations." --on Russia's military action against Georgia, Birmingham, Mich., Aug. 13, 2008

"I was looking at the Sturgis schedule, and noticed that you had a beauty pageant, so I encouraged Cindy to compete. I told her [that] with a little luck, she could be the only woman to serve as both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip." --on the Miss Buffalo Chip Pageant, which features topless (and occasionally bottomless) contestants, Sturgis, South Dakota, Aug. 4, 2008 (Watch video clip)

"I'm running for president of the United States, because I want to help with family values. And I think that family values are important, when we have two parent -- families that are of parents that are the traditional family." --interview on "This Week," July 27, 2008

"The fact is we had four years of failed policy. We were losing. We were losing the war in Iraq. The consequences of failure and defeat of the United States of America in the first major conflict since 9/11 would have had devastating impacts throughout the region and the world." --forgetting the war in Afghanistan, which was launched in October 2001, CBS News interview, July 21, 2008

"We have a lot of work to do. It's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq-Pakistan border." --referring to a border that does not exist, ABC News interview, July 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

"I was concerned about a couple of steps that the Russian government took in the last several days. One was reducing the energy supplies to Czechoslovakia." --referring to a country that no longer exists, Phoenix, Arizona, July 14, 2008

"I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don't expect to be a great communicator, I don't expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need." --New York Times interview, July 13, 2008

"Maybe that's a way of killing them." --responding to a report that $158 million in cigarettes have been shipped to Iran during Bush's presidency despite restrictions on U.S. exports to that country, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, July 8, 2008

"Americans have got to understand that we are paying present-day retirees with the taxes paid by young workers in America today. And that's a disgrace. It's an absolute disgrace and it's got to be fixed." --on Social Security, Denver, Colorado, July 7, 2008

"That's not too important. What's important is the casualties." --on when U.S. troops will return from Iraq, "Today," NBC, June 11, 2008

"I will veto every single beer, um, bill with earmarks." --speaking at the National Small Business Summit, Washington, D.C., June 10, 2008 (Watch video clip)

"Well, basically, it's a Google." --on how he's conducting his VP search, Richmond, Virginia, June 9, 2008

"We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies." --Kenner, Louisiana, June 3, 2008 (Watch video clip)

"I'm glad to have his endorsement. I condemn remarks that are, in any way, viewed as anti-anything. And thanks for asking." --after being asked by George Stephanopoulos about receiving the endorsement of Evangelical pastor Rev. John Hagee, who has made a number of controversial remarks, including calling Catholicism "The Great Whore" and blaming Hurricane Katrina on gays

"Make it a hundred...That would be fine with me." -to a questioner who asked if he supported President Bush's vision for keeping U.S. troops in Iraq for 50 years

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."

"Well, it's common knowledge and has been reported in the media that Al Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq from Iran. That's well known. And it's unfortunate." -before correcting himself by saying Iran was training "extremists," not Al Qaeda (Watch video clip)

"I will conduct a respectful debate. Now, it will be dispirited -- it will be spirited -- because there are stark differences. I am a proud conservative, liberal Republica-- conservative Republican...Hello? Easy there." (Watch video clip)

"I am a illiterate that has to rely on my wife for all of the assistance I can get." -after being asked whether us uses a Mac or a PC (Watch video clip)

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book."

"You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran." --breaking into song after being asked at a VFW meeting about whether it was time to send a message to Iran, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, April 18, 2007 (Watch video clip)

"It's not social issues I care about."

"F**k you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room." --to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), during a testy exchange about immigration legislation

"There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods today." --prior to visiting a Baghdad market while being flanked by 22 soldiers, 10 armored Humvees, and two Apache attack helicopters

"I had something picked out for you, too - a little IED (improvised explosive device) to put on your desk." --to Jon Stewart

"Americans are very frustrated, and they have every right to be. We've wasted a lot of our most precious treasure, which is American lives." --on the Iraq war

"I think I'd just commit suicide." --in October 2006, on the prospects of the Democrats taking back the Senate in the November election

"No, I'm calling you a f*cking jerk." --to fellow Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, when Grassley asked "Are you calling me stupid?"

"Only an a**hole would put together a budget like this ... I wouldn't call you an a**hole unless you really were an a**hole." --to Budget Committee Chairman and fellow Repulican Sen. Pete Domenici, during a Senate budget hearing

"I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government."

"I am sure that Senator Clinton would make a good President. I have no doubt that Senator Clinton would make a good President."

"There's no doubt in my mind that we will prevail and there's no doubt in my mind, once these people are gone, that we will be welcomed as liberators." --on the Iraq war, "Hardball" interview, March 24, 2003

"We're going to prevail and we will win and it'll be one of the best things that's happened to America and the world in a long time 'cause it'll reverberate throughout the Middle East." --on the Iraq war, "Meet the Press" interview, March 3, 2003

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who is still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it."

"I said, 'The nice thing about Alzheimer's is you get to hide your own Easter eggs.'"

"At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c*nt." -to his wife, Cindy, after she playfully twirled his hair and said "You're getting a little thin up there," as reported in the book The Real McCain by Cliff Schecter (Watch spoof video)
Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
here's some of what you'll be defending: ( Hey conservative women! be sure to check that last one where he calls Cindy a "cunt.")Interesting way of speaking to your loved ones you conservatives have.
I resent being told to check out something that was written by a liberal attack dog in his liberal attack book and dismissed as a lie a long time ago.

Yes, I've known about this for a long time and while I don't agree with everything McCain believes (global warming, immigration), that won't stop me from voting for him in November.

By the way, I think his wife is amazing!

Joy

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rigger,...

If your or my wife once inherited about 100 MILLION$ (no doubt actually much more by now)
like McCain's wife did, we would probably even own more houses than that most extremely
Honorable of Honorable Veterans does, plus maybe a couple of yachts each to-boot.
Don't you think?

Also, screw anybody that would begrudge patriots such or even finally winning some lottery.

Neil
Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Joy

Some people on this thread will not only believe any lie that advances their cause, they'll invent lies to disparage others. Like exlrrp inventing the lie that I willingly and knowingly sent Democrats and liberals to their deaths in Vietnam. He is a liar, he has no honor. Believe him at your own peril.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-25-2008, 01:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout

What in the world would ever make you think that I would believe anything that he wrote?

We have been here for far to long and at the history channel site before that to believe him.

Besides, he attacks because he can't effectively defend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disagreement-hierarchy.jpg (92.4 KB, 5 views)

Old 08-25-2008, 05:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Joy

Obviously, you're way too smart to fall for his lies! But we knew that, didn't we? I just like to point out his duplicitous nature for al the world to see.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Noone,...

..."No one in their right mind at this time, and place as in where the world is now is going to vote for a man/woman that just smiles, and shakes hands, and "speaks",...

..Me...

...What's his name running on the democratic side of things reminds me of the snake oil gypsy on the side of the wagon stating it cures all, and his bolt of energy drink has remarkable qualities to fix everything until your all in the outhouse,...

...I have no desire to listen to anyone that have never worn the uniform of a United States Service member, let alone be the President. To put my trust, and the lives of my family members under anyone that hasn't, I won't, and the world would be rolling the dice if they do.

...He may look shiney, and brand new, and proclaim to be the savior, but I'll put my stock on a man that has served this Nation with Honor, survived under the most painful duration, and "sucked it all up" , and Never waivered,...

...The choice is clear, A decorated Veteran, or a .....................................

...I won't

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Andy

Nice job of keping the language clean