The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2005, 12:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Post Public outraged over Kansas Cult to protest at 278th funeral in Tenn

http://www.volunteertv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3770820

Since the story about a church from Kansas announcing plans to demonstrate at the funeral of a fallen soldier from the 278th, WVLT Volunteer TV has received many e-mails and comments with your thoughts. We have decided to share them with you.
They are listed here in the order that we received them, with one exception:

Friday 1546

I want to personally thank everyone for their support of my family during this very difficult time.
The group "cult" as I refer to them will not in anyway disturb our family at my brother's funeral. These hypocrites will be dealt with if they come close.
Again thank you for all you support and prayers. Lets bring the rest of the 278th and all our other soldiers home safely!!
Henri Lieurance, 24, Seymour, TN

Thursday 1845 ET

I feel that this is the most inconsiderate and unchristian behavior I can imagine at a time like this. This brave young man fought for all Americans including the people in that church and ended up giving the ultimate sacrifice, his own life. My heart goes out to this family that has lost this most precious part of their lives.
Barbara, 50, Knoxville, TN

Thursday 1952 ET

Again people forget it is our soldiers who give them their freedom of speech. It is our soldiers that maintain our freedoms here at home. Them and all of those before them. You may disagree with the war, but our men and women are following orders. They were not giving a choice, they can't call in sick and they can't take the day off, nor can they say "I Think I Will Sit This One Out". You disgrace their families and your country by conducting yourself in this manner.
I have never served in our military. But, I have had the privilege to volunteer and work with so many of those who wear the uniform. They are some of the most proud and honorable people I know.
God's word tells us in reference to our Lord in John 15:13, "Greater Love hath no man than he who lay down his life for a friend." So you see these soldiers love their country and "ALL Of Us" here at home that they are willing to sacrifice their life for every American. So you stop and think about all of these soldiers including those of 278th RCT have died not only for the people of Iraq in trying to give them a better life, but for all of us here at home in trying to protect us from the horrors of 9-11 again. So I think you should search your heart and ask yourself ; "What Would Jesus Do" ?
I am proud to say that the city in which my family live in is home to 2nd Squadron for the 278th Regimental Combat Team.
Cheryl, Kingsport, TN

Thursday 2025 ET

The comments that Ms. Roper made is not only disrespectful to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and His wonderful word. Her comments are judgmental. Something that the children of God AREN'T suppose to do.
The protesters need to allow [the family] to lay their loved ones to rest respectfully and honorably.
If they want to protest, I think they should first visit Iraq to see what our soldiers are doing and going through for EACH of us every day and night. Then, jump up and wave their signs of protest in front of a hostile Iraq rebel. Then and only then----- might the protestors appreciate THEIR FREEDOM that has been given to them----- FREELY!!!!

Angie, 36, Newport, TN

Thursday 2132 ET

This is the lowest thing I've heard of. I wonder if those people know where their freedom of religion comes from.
If they don?t think we should have a military, lets send them to a country in Africa where there is no military, just fighting by militants and terrorists. See if they respect their military then. They better stay away. I live 2 hours away, but I can make a drive to show my support for the boys who fight for MY freedom and THEIR freedom.
Let this family pay their final respects to a man who fought like a man, and didn?t cower behind "religion."
Oh and I?m a 17 year old aspiring preacher. Tell me I don?t believe in God. I may never meet them, but I know God will, and the message from Him will be way more clear than I could ever be.
Adam, 17, Hendersonville, NC

Thursday 23:26 ET

All I can say is do they not have any soldiers from Kansas over in Iraq serving our country and protecting our freedom!
I did not know Victor Lieurance but Joey Hunt was one of my good friends and we lost him. My brother-in-law is also with the 278th out of Sweetwater and I pray everyday that we don't get a phone call like these people have. I don't want anyone to get a phone call like that.
But I feel like these people need to stay in Kansas where they belong. A funeral in honor of a hero is not the place they need to be protesting. If they think we are not Christians and doing God's work here they are wrong in their thinking and that is their opinion. (And we all know the saying about opinions.)
God bless our troops and keep them all safe. Hopefully they will all be home safe soon. My condolences to the Lieurance family and my prayers go out to them. We are all feeling your grief here in Sweetwater and Athens and anyone that has family in the 278th are feeling the sadness with you.
Prayers for those people in Kansas that don't know what they are doing and are being so disrespectful. Maybe they will get forgiveness when they meet the Lord up above for the way they are acting right now. Thank you for hearing my comments.

GOD BLESS THE USA AND ALL OF OUR TROOPS THAT ARE PROTECTING MY FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FREEDOM!!!!
LeAnne, 30, Athens, TN

Thursday 2327 ET

I was a member of the 278 out of Sweetwater and I served with Sgt. Lieurance for 4 years. Sgt. Lieurance was a fine man who knew his job well and loved to teach others about military skills.

Sgt. Lieurance loved to talk about his family and always had a way to make you smile when you felt down.
I think that the group from Kansas should think about what they are wanting to do because in East Tennessee we are proud to have served our country and state, and those whom have not served are proud to have us soldiers serve to help keep us free.
I feel that they should stay away so the Lieurance family can say goodbye to a son, husband, and father and friends and fellow soldiers can say our final farewells also.
Daniel, 25, Vonore, TN

Thursday 2340 ET

Anyone who would say such things about a fallen Soldier must be a Communist. The United States Military is the finest in the world. Our troops sacrifice their lives to protect the very freedom that allows you to say what you did and not be put to death. They do a job no one else is willing to do.
To say they are doing the work of the Devil, is not only not Christian, it is just plain wrong. If you would like to protest the War, fine you have that right. To interfere with the burial of anyone is beyond wrong it is evil.
Do yourselves a favor and stay home. Even better go to Church and ask for forgiveness, you need it.
God bless our troops and keep them safe so they may allow me to write my opinion.
Proud father of an American Solider serving in Iraq, as well as a former member of the United States Army.
Jeff, 37, Clinton, TN

Friday 0001 ET

I can not believe that those people call their self "CHRISTIAN" they are NOT CHRISTIAN! They are a CULT with trouble makers, that?s all they are. They need to keep their damn asses where they belong NOT HERE IN TENNESSEE!!!!
THERE HAS TO BE A LAW SOME WHERE TO PUT THEIR ASS IN JAIL before they hurt these family members
Jamie, 35, Rutledge, TN

Friday 00:28 ET

I was appalled when I first read about this group, protesting at soldier's funerals. This is a Church, right? Then saying that they are coming here to protest a local 278th member's funeral, telling the parents that they are raising a son for the devil, and sending them to Hell. EXCUSE ME?

First of all, my son is currently serving OUR Country with the 278th also. As for sending him over there, he is an adult, and can go where ever he wants. If that means fighting in a war, then I will SUPPORT him. Who are THEY to judge upon me or my family? They don't know me or my family.
I can't believe THEY are telling us that we are NOT Christians either. What is the point of showing up at these fallen soldiers funerals? Those families are already distraught enough, they do not need, or should they have to tolerate this type of nonsense.
As for me and my house, WE SERVE THE LORD, and for my son, he currently serves THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in the MILITARY.
Have they even been to Iraq to see what these soldiers see, or have been through? Have they ever talked to a soldier that has served over there and returned? It is bad enough to go through all that they do. It is something else to walk in their shoes. If you want to protest....that is your right. But, it is also my right to say what I think to. That is what FREEDOM is. But, don't do it at a funeral of a fallen soldier, and call yourself a Church, or Christian. Something tells me you should read the Bible again.
Shelia, 48, Jefferson City, TN

Friday 02:53 ET

Everyone can have their own thoughts and can protest but why at a funeral where a loving family is paying their last respects to someone? Would one of the protesters ever want someone to protest at their family?s funeral? I already know the answer to that, no, who would. So stay out of the personal business of other people and protest in public places that don't involve personal matters!!
Pamela, 23, Arnold, TN

Friday 0641 ET

The Bible tells us that we should do unto others as we would have them do to us. I am sure none of those people from Kansas would truly want that type of reaction at their own funerals. I would state that Christians are taught to follow the path that Jesus walked.
Jesus lived a perfect life of humility and compassion, with the ultimate love of others. It doesn't seem like that is the Christian life these people from Kansas want to live.
And did they forget about the part in the Bible that tells us not to judge others? What about the part about forgiving, and turning the other check, or throwing the first stone. Don't they teach those ideas of Christianity in the Churches in Kansas? I am a Christian and I am proud to live in Tennessee.
Al, 44, Newport, TN

Friday 0732 ET

As the wife of an East Tennessee Soldier, I just want to let these people that are about to protest they are making a mistake. I don't think they have ever messed with a bunch of Tennesseans. It will not be tolerated around here. We will run them back to where they come from.
Let this family bury their HERO in peace!! That is what those soldier's are to us that are fighting over there in Iraq, HEROES and the ones that don't like it can take their comments to President Bush. He should be used to the protest by now.
I am sorry for those families that have lost their loved ones. They are in my prayers and in my thoughts. But as I said also, I wouldn't stand for it and I know being from the country there could be trouble if these people come to Tennessee to start a protest.
Myranda, 29, Blaine, TN

Friday 0737 ET

After doing a brief search of the so called "Church" coming to protest. These people appear to be extremist who preach hate against all people who do not believe as they do. They should not be allowed to further pollute our air here in East Tennessee.
Laura, 36, Knoxville

Friday 0858 ET

This is so wrong! How disrespectful. That is not the place or time to have a protest. I think they should be bared from doing this. This church spreads hate and discontent. These people need to go back to Kansas and watch for a tornado.
Darlene, 49, Jacksboro, TN

Friday 0932 ET

My thoughts and prayers are with the Lieurance family. I am astounded, as well as infuriated; they would have to deal with idiots from Kansas at this most difficult time in their lives.
I am sure there are more than enough Tennessee Volunteers to "assist" the Sevier County police department in preventing these protesters from disrupting the funeral of an American who had the personal integrity to answer his country's call to arms with the payment of his life. I am more than willing to defend Sgt. Lieurance's family as he defended mine!
Debbie, 41, Morristown, TN

Friday 0938 ET

Although I would much prefer our government to find solutions to domestic problems that George W. Bush addressed in his 2000 campaign, rather than embark on manifest imperialism for the sake of the 'Struggle Against Extremism', I feel that all United States soldiers and their families should be respected.
Public demonstrations of protest should be kept in public places, and protesters should exercise their rights carefully, less they be labeled as "extremists" themselves. I don't want to see this administration implement a 'law & order' campaign and further restrict our civil rights. There's already too much of a resemblance of our predicament to that of Weimar Germany.
John, 53, Belle, WV

Friday 0952 ET

Well to start off I am a solider in Kuwait serving proudly for my country I am also a firm believer in God and these people for this church think what they are doing is the right thing well it is not.
They say it is the people at a funeral who sent their child to Hell well I got news for them we are over here doing a very good thing for people who really need or help and no a funeral is not the time or place for a protest they need to leave that family alone! And take their butt back to Kansas to their so called church and let the servants of GOD in East Tennessee support those of us that are over here by praying for us as they have been doing and I would thank you very much if you would make sure those morons got this message and to make sure they know a solider / Christian from East Tennessee is praying for them and that GOD will show them the right path.
Thank You Very Much.
Spc. James, 22, Powell, TN ? Currently serving in Kuwait

Friday 1105 ET

I think that the media should totally ignore these people because giving them coverage is giving them satisfaction. Let the Lieurance family grieve in peace!!!!!!!
Cathy, 35, Knoxville

Friday 1112 ET

A funeral is a private time for family to mourn the passing of a loved one - not a public place for protestors. What this church is doing is not Christian, not a good witness for those without Christ.
Their time could be better spent telling others what the Lord has done for them, than going to funerals and adding hurt to already grieving families and friends.
Sandy, 54, Oliver Springs, TN

Friday 1158 ET

Don't know these people from Kansas nor do I want to. these people need to understand that these men gave their lives for us and the freedoms they believe in. These j-hawks wouldn?t even have a chance to speak their minds if it weren?t for soldiers fighting for freedom.
My heart goes to the families who have lost loved ones and also who are still there as well as the injured. Leave us East Tennesseans alone and let them bury their loved ones in peace and the RESPECT they deserve.
Kevin, 32, Knoxville, TN

Friday 1252 ET

I have seen this article on your web site and in the Mountain Press. Our soldiers, both fallen and fighting deserve our support and prayers. I am a Christian and find this group totally disgusting.
Anyone who would say the things they have and disrupt a families time of grief are heartless, cruel, and despicable to say the least.
As a business owner in Sevier County, I for one will not open my doors to them or welcome these individuals to our county. This young man and his family deserve respect and common decency. This group falls short of that.
I refrain from calling them a church or Christians, because true Christians don't condemn the dead. It is not their place to say who goes to Hell and to Heaven.
I hope and pray, that the family of this young man do not suffer further. My heart and prayers are with them and all the other young men and women who are still fighting to keep us safe and free.
Cathy, 53, Sevierville, TN

Friday 1256 ET

Dear WVLT,
I am writing to you from about 30 miles North of Baghdad at FOB O'Ryan. I am with the unit that SGT Lieurance was with while he was here and have been on patrol with him. Although I did not know him well, he was a dedicated, professional soldier.
I am personally writing (not in behalf of the military) regarding the "church" group that is vowing to protest at the funerals. They need to stay away. If they want to protest the war effort, they have the right even though I don't like it. They do not have the right to interfere with the family during this difficult time in their lives.
The "church" group spokesperson is obviously convinced she is correct, but she couldn't be farther from the truth. I am offended by her lack of sensitivity and her lack of class. She could arrange to meet at a church (or a neutral location) with these families rather than take her political issues to the graveyard. Her actions are only going to create resentment and bitterness, and will not bring her message to anyone. Her actions and words are only putting Christians in a bad light and damage the testimony of the Baptists throughout the nation.
I am offended by her blanket statement that there are no committed Christians in Tennessee as I am one, and I know too many wonderful loving folks that are as well. I have lived in the Knoxville area since 1969. I apologize for missing the comment in the phone interview, but how long has she lived in Tennessee? (Never comes to mind) Yet, she can speak authoritatively on the residents here? I have been in the 278th for 15 years and can also testify that there are committed Christians serving here in Iraq at the call of their Nation. I am personally requesting that all Americans do everything peaceful to prevent these Kansas residents from touring the Nation for "their cause" that is only bringing discord and further pain to the communities. As the former unit commander for the Sevier County National Guard, I am informing this misguided Kansas group that their political decision to come to East Tennessee is not welcome and is a really, really bad idea.
Thank you for your time and planning to be home soon.

Sincerely,
CPT Christian, 39, Knoxville, TN - Currently attached to the 1-128th Infantry on FOB O'Ryan from 1/278th RCT out of Athens, TN.

Friday 1306 ET

I am shocked to learn a group from Kansas pretending to be Christians will stage a protest at this young man's funeral. How totally tasteless! This family has a right to privacy while dealing with their loss and I certainly hope the law enforcement folk in Sevier County will provide them protection from these idiot people coming to East Tennessee to be disruptive. My heart goes out to this young soldier's family. He gave his all to provide his children\family freedom to live their lives as they choose.
Marie, 61, Knoxville, TN

Friday 1315 ET

I can't believe these people can claim to be Christians. What a bunch of stupid and ignorant people!!! I don't think fighting for the safety of the United States will send you to Hell. The nerve of these people to say God is punishing these brave soldiers is beyond my understanding.
Charles, 55, Maynardville, TN

Friday 1329 ET

Why do you keep reporting this and airing it knowing that so many from our area are still in Iraq trying to preserve our freedom? This is so disrespectful to our soldiers who are in Iraq and certainly dishonorable to keep it airing with families of fallen soldiers are in the area.
Why not tell the good things that have happened in Iraq due to our soldiers from Tennessee being there? They are teaching skills to these people who have never had the chance to do things for themselves.
They are men and women from all walks of life from different work areas.
&nb, sp;
They are not just soldiers, they are people who know more than just fighting. Why lower your station to keep this media on these people? You are bringing yourselves down to their level.
Brenda, Knoxville, TN

Friday 1343 ET

These war protesters from the Kansas Baptist Church who plan to protest the war at the funeral of SGT Lieurance is the most disrespectful thing I have ever heard of. They should just leave those people alone and sweep up their own trash.
SSG Gary, 35, Chattanooga, TN -- (HHB 1/278th ACR)FOB O'Ryan, Iraq.

Friday 1357 ET

Imagine your son telling you that he has decided to dedicate his life to serving & defending his country.
Imagine the flood of conflicting emotions you would feel. Fear, Pride, Anxiety, Honor and a lingering thought - why my son?
Imagine trying to go about your everyday life knowing that your son is across the world risking his life for his country and for Iraqi people who may or may not appreciate his sacrifice. Is he sleeping in a cot or on the ground? Is he eating? Is he cold? What awaits him around the next corner?
Imagine seeing the Army car pull into your driveway. You know why they're there because other members of your family have served their country. You know the drill. Now imagine having your family's grieving process and possibly even your child's funeral disrupted by the demented philosophy of a demonic church. You are burying your son. Memories and Pride are all you have.
These worthless, selfish morons are planning to come to your son's grave and announce that the funeral is "the burial of an ass" that your son "died in shame" and that "God is casting him into Hell." Imagine how you would feel. I have always felt that the best way to fight total ignorance is to ignore it, but not this time.
Lastly, imagine how much it would mean to this family if you were to take an hour out of your day & be there in support of Sgt. Victor Lieurance who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Please take the time to peacefully show this community of haters, what God, Community and Honor are all about.
Donna, 47, West Palm Beach, Florida

Friday 1405 ET

I AM A TENNESSEAN, I AM A CHRISTIAN AND MY FATHER WAS IN THE MILITARY FOR 20 YEARS. I totally support President Bush and all Government. I am so proud of Sgt. Lieurance and his family. It makes me ill to think that this group that calls themselves Christians are protest not the war, but this family that has suffered a great loss.
I was looking for the verse that best states my feelings about this matter and came a cross this story that I have hear may times, being I am from Tennessee and thought I would remind you what Christian Tennesseans are about. This was copied off of www.lifeway.com.
Which Should Be the Christian Position?

War has always been difficult for Christians, and many have personally experienced this struggle. One of the most notable was a simple boy from the mountains of Tennessee.
A devout Christian, he was called to serve in the army during World War I.
He was filled with doubts about whether or not he could actually kill another person. His diary entry reflects his struggle: ?I am telling you there was a war going on inside of me. . . . It is a most awful thing when the wishes of your God and your country . . . get mixed up and go against each other.?
Shortly before the young soldier was to head to Europe, a Captain Danforth shared a passage previously unfamiliar to the soldier: ?Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head? (Ezek. 33:2-4, KJV).

With that verse, the Tennessee soldier began to understand the necessity of Christians sometimes engaging in war. The soldier was Alvin C. York, who later became Sergeant York. He fought heroically in World War I. For facing more than two dozen enemy machine gun fighters alone in the Argonne Forest, he received the Congressional Medal of Honor. END

If those supposed Christian want to protest what the bible clearly says for all of us to do, then they don?t need to call themselves Christians.
Again I would like the family to know how proud I am of their son and that everyone at my church including my family is praying for your family.
April, 31, Seymour, TN

Friday 1504 ET

PollThoughtsandComments: Shirley Phelps-Roper and her church members needs to read the bible and learn the meaning of being a good christian before they cast stones at others.
FormName: Comments about a Volunteer TV News story
Name: lorrie
EmailAddress: tnhelton@aol.com
City: rogersville, tn
Story: kansas church protesting funeral

Friday 1505

It's a disgusting thought that anyone for any reason would upset a family during a funeral.
It's not their fault that the War is even still going on. If you have a reason to protest, you need to go to TEXAS, and while you're there, JUST STAY !!!!!!! YOU AREN'T WELCOME HERE ANYMORE !!!!!!!!
Tammy, 39, Joelton, TN

Friday 1604 ET

I am shocked to read this...my dearest friend is in Iraq and I have utmost respect for our troops.
They are protecting America and all Americans...I may not agree with the war but surely no one thinks the soldiers are of the devil...maybe the protesters are of the devil...I do remember the Bible reading that there would be wolves in sheep's clothing...so then maybe that is what we have there in Kansas.
Phyllis, 50, Lakemont, GA

Friday 1611 ET

A funeral for a fallen soldier and loved one should be treated with the utmost privacy and respect. It is by no means a proper place for a protest. There are many public places in which to protest the war or promote extremist religious opinions whatever they might be.

The protesters from Kansas should be ashamed of themselves for even suggesting to disrupt the funerals of these fine young men of the 278th.
Have some respect for the sake of CHRIST, as well as these families!!
J., 39, Sweetwater, TN

Sweetwater, Monroe County (WVLT) - Friday night people will be gathering for a prayer vigil at the National Guard Armory in Sweetwater.
(ed: I think the date was Aug 26th)
The 8:00 p.m. event is to remember two fallen soldiers, pray for the recovery of two others, as well as the safe return of the rest of the 278th.
If you would like to help the families of the fallen soldiers, there is a fund set up through the Armory in Sweetwater.
Send donations to the National Guard Armory, 1318 Highway 68, Sweetwater, Tennessee 37874.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Angry Kansas church to protest war at funeral of fallen Sevier soldier

Kansas church to protest war at funeral of fallen Sevier soldier

Sergeant Victor Lieurance was killed in an IED blast in Iraq on Monday. Another 278th soldier was killed in the blast and two others were wounded.
Sergeant Victor Lieurance was killed in an IED blast in Iraq on Monday. Another 278th soldier was killed in the blast and two others were wounded.

Seymour, Sevier County (WVLT) - A Kansas-based Baptist church group says they plan to be in Sevier County to demonstrate at the funeral of a soldier who could be buried there next week.

WVLT Volunteer TV Reporter Stephen McLamb has the latest.

The group claims the soldiers are not doing God's will and are being punished.
As you could imagine the family wants them to stay away.

The Lieurance family is shocked at the positive show of support they've received from their community since finding out Victoir Lieurance was killed in Iraq on Monday. And equally shocked a Kansas church would come and protest at his funeral.

"I don't want a big disturbance here and that's what's going to happen, I know there will be trouble,? says Andy Lieurance.
?We just want to bury our son,? adds Karen Lieurance.
The Lieurances say the protest is not the time or place, but the group says their message has to go to those at the funerals.

"If they want to protest they can go to Washington, DC, they can go to Crawford, Texas, or they can stay in Kansas. But I don't think they want to come to Sevier County and upset a bunch of the folks that live up here because I don't think they'll tolerate it,? says Andy Lieurance.

"The people at those funerals are the ones that sent their children to Hell, who raised them for the devil, and are the ones who need the message more than anyone,? says Shirley Phelps-Roper, Kansas protest organizer from Westboro Baptist Church.
Those at the Westboro Kansas church say they wouldn't have to come if the Christians in East Tennessee were doing God's work.

"There's not a faithful servant. So when you say Tennessee has got conservative Christians, that's a lie. They're not conservative and their not Christians. They serve themselves, not the Lord Jesus Christ, but themselves,? says Phelps-Roper.

"Don't mess with my family. We're not making idle threats. Something will be done,? says Andy Lieurance.

To make matters worse, Victoir Lieurance's widow learned Wednesday her aunt had passed away.

Sheriff Bruce Montgomery says he will be doing everything he can to keep the protestors away from the private funeral.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

In the Georgia Times Union News Today it looks like the Funeral was Satuday and the Cult from Kansas were met by opposition(family and friends) in Seymour TN that chased them in their Cars waving US Flags and shouting "God Bless America"
Old 08-29-2005, 07:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post The Lack of Tact.

These folks lack tact. Common decency would allow folks to a moment of privacy when encountering such a great loss. If this is a church, and I wonder if indeed they are a church, the Bible tells us to mourn with them that mourn. If you want to protest the war, don't go to soldiers' funerals. Have some decency.

Just a disgusting idea.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Agreed Keith , they should go back to Kansas and do the lords work instead of Bothering good people who aren't bothering them, instead of driving all over the country harassing grieving Mothers ,Widows and orphans!