The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 13 years later

Lil' LT here.
13 years ago today my Opa and his wife Alice( I never got the honor to meet my Oma) were killed in a car accident! My dad was named after him and I named my Johnny after my Daddy! I really hope if Johhny ever has a son-30 yrs. from now lol that he will keep the name going! Knowing my son I bet he will! He loves that he is named after his Opa-he really looks up to him! So here is to our loved ones that may not be here anymore,but will always be in our Hearts and souls! I love you DMZ-LT! Thank you for EVERYTHING!!!
Thank you also to the Brother's and Sisters that love us as we do you!!!!!
Who's all going to the Mtn.? Maybe the kids & I can drive for a quick visit and see the Family I don't get to see much! Love you all-Lisa M. Hager
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 11:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

As Ron Piper posted on the other PF " A person is only dead when he is forgotten." The people we hold in our hearts are not , nor ever will be forgotten.Already telling Johnny about the men in 2nd Platoon C Troop 3/5th Cav , both those who made it home and those that didn't. Andy and Frank held Johnny when he was little and I'll make sure he never forgets them too. Miss you Mom and Dad , but your with me every day. There is a country song out now called " I HEAR VOICES " about a guy who says whenever he has a tough choice to make , he hears voices........... his mothers , his fathers , his grandmas , his grandfathers and the men he served with. I hear them too. Scouts Out !!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default LT!

Those voices even have a Texas accent sometimes, as that's the way I hear them. Thanks for sharing your great family with us other gray beards, as I guess we are almost surrogate opas or at least uncles!

Have a blessed day tomorrow, a gift that was given to us by Our Lord, to share with others.

Scouts Out!!
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-10-2010, 03:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thanks Brice. Just watching you and James shake hands on the mountain , knowing you and his views , made me know I had been guided to the right family