Old 04-28-2002, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Boot Camp Memories

SgtBlake

Registered to :Oct 18, 2001
Posted 26-10-2001 at 12:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting to Parris Island at 0130 in the morning, a GySgt climbing on the bus and telling us we had exactly 30 seconds to get our scuzzy civilian asses off his bus and on the yellow footprints and the mad rush to complie.

Sgt G.A. Blake,

the Deadliest thing in the world is one well aimed shot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile www Qoute
David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 26-10-2001 at 16:08
I was in the Army but I have a funny boot camp memory too. Two others and I were pulled out for extra testing when I got to boot camp. We passed all the tests and were sent to watch some vague laser disc movies about our wonderful new job and all of its benefits ( the first was being reassigned to linguistics school in Monterey ) but we all declined after the security officer told us about the background checks we and our families would go through. So this is three days later now and we are all sent back to our unit. It was the funniest thing we ever saw, they had all already had their haircuts and we could not recognize one of them. We walked in to the barracks with long hair and got a jealous stare that seemed to last forever LOL. We three went later that afternoon for our new hair styles. Anyways, it was funny

Profile www Qoute
MARINEVET

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 26-10-2001 at 22:10
When/where did you go thru Boot Camp Sgt Blake??? Some things never seem to change w/re to USMC Boot Camp...some stories would be the same whether 50 years ago...or today. I entered Parris Island in Nov61...geeeze, almost 40 years ago...time sure flies when yer havin' fun!!!

Semper Fi Devil Dog,

WVM
Marine

Profile Qoute
SgtBlake

Posted 29-10-2001 at 13:01
MARINEVET, I went to Parris Island in July 1981 to Oct 1981 1st Bn Alpha Co, plt 1060, right across the grinder from the Iwo Jima memorial, I doubt I would even recognize the place anymore, but get this, I graduated from boot camp on my birthday, nice present Eh?
-----------------
Sgt G.A. Blake, MARINE, The Title says it all.

Profile www Qoute
larrysearight

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 08-11-2001 at 13:20
Boot camp, MCRD San Diego, Jan. - April 68

We left Minneapolis, Mn. on a turbo prop at 6:00 to 7:00PM, hit every airport from there to San Diego. Got to San Diego around 2:00AM the next day then the fun began.

Semper Fi,

Larry

Profile Qoute
SgtBlake

Posted 08-11-2001 at 13:56
I have two very fond memories of Boot Camp

1) firing high expert for my company (240)

2) Graduating from Boot Camp on my Birthday I turned 19 and was finally able to drink legaly, not that hadn't been doing it illegaly for years
-----------------
Sgt G.A. Blake, MARINE, The Title says it all.

Profile www Qoute
airforcegrrl

Registered to :Sep 19, 2001
Posted 08-11-2001 at 16:21
I tried very hard for 6 weeks to not call my MTL mom. He yelled the same way she did so it made it extra difficult. That and finally getting desert after 4 weeks without it only to lose it that same day because some of the more vocal girls decided it was okay to stand around and watch the carousel spin as they decided what they wanted.

airforcegrrl

Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.
Barenaked Ladies
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links