The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > General

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2018, 10:13 AM

Wink What is Pastafarianism?

What is Pastafarianism?
By: Victor Mandalawi

Have you ever heard of Pastafarianism? Either have I, until very recently. While browsing article at CNN today I came across an article that mentions it. I will be touching on it later, but it just seems concerning how that is news. This topic was sandwiched around the following topics: a Secret Service article, a travel ban article, an article about the spelling bee, an article about a donation from a former racist, and an article about the divorce of a former teacher/student relationship. You can argue that all of those are legitimate newsworthy stories, except for the Pastafarian article. However, maybe at times slipping in a somewhat humorous story is good for people reading the news. Let’s take a deeper look into Pastafarianism.

Pastafarianism would be the study, practice, and teaching of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That’s right, one more time, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Clearly this has to be a joke, right? According to the website, the organization has been secret for hundreds of years and has just now come into the mainstream. They claim to be widely recognized as a legitimate religion, mostly by Christians because of the realization that “our God has larger balls than theirs”. Yep, you read that right! Check out the website for plenty more to read and you can also browse some of their photos and the ministry work. It may even give you a laugh.

What has made this newsworthy? Back to the story on CNN about an Arizona man wearing a strainer for his identification photo. Normally you are not able to wear anything on your head for identification photos. Sometimes, exceptions are allowed for religious purposes. The man spent a couple of years trying at various locations and finally he was allowed to take his photo with a strainer on his head. The photo is pretty funny to say the least. Some would argue that is against the safety of of our citizens, or that this will open the floodgates for others to try these type of gimmicks. Others could argue that as weird and goofy as it seems, what makes anyone’s religion more believable or realistic than this? Who are we to say what a person can and can’t worship? It was noted that Sean Corbett might have his ID voided for wearing his head gear. If that happens, Corbett vows to wage a legal battle.

I am not in any place to say that The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is a real, fake, or ridiculous. I would imagine that it will go to the court system just like everything else in our society. The religion is recognized in New Zealand and the Netherlands. Who knows, maybe the U.S. is next? As for this being news, I am not sure if it really is, but it certainly can maybe put a smile on a face leading into a weekend!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links