The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2003, 05:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Head Start/Dead End?

The Head Start Program, long noted for giving America?s kids a step-up, may be the newest victim of the Federal/State controversy over who should foot the bill to assist in securing many of our own children?s futures!

At a point in time when our interests seem to be drifting more toward foreign involvement than into domestic economics, the nurturing of young minds too, may be in danger of being gutted by those who seek to shift all financial emphasis to the individual states!

?Right or Wrong?, this could render a fatal blow to this program (Head Start) at the very time when spending in foreign countries could continue to rise and swallow whole, many programs that are sorely needed by our kids, the middle class worker, the elderly, and even our veterans!? And for the record, a goodly number of these kids who are now enrolled in a ?Head Start Program?, may someday fill the boots of today?s warriors, and become the veterans of tomorrow!

On the ?Dead End Side of the Coin?, no matter how you slice or dice it, the United Nation?s math stinks!! Don?t you just love the numbers presented or fielded in some of these Coalition engagements? Granted, a sundry listing of nations are always represented on paper, but when it comes to ?Put Up Or Shut Up, not many of these ?Talk The Talkers? are willing (or able) to match the United States? outlay of manpower, money or logistics!? ?Are we being conditioned to become the international police force of the near future??

?The figures that I just saw on the potential U.N. involvement in Iraq alone, went something like this:?

?Nineteen Countries? are slated to pitch-in within Iraq!? Between this (almost) score of ?Peace Keeping Nations, however, it was reported that all together, this ?XVIV (19) CORPS? will field but 13,000 troops to deal with potentially bloody problems that may arise in country (Iraq)!! (WOW!!)

Now the last time that I looked, the U. S. of A. alone, still had about 150,000 (?) troops on the ground in Iraq! That is about an 11 to 1 (plus) U.S. commitment, if my ?Rithmatic? ain?t a-failin'!? ?And what the dollar $$ disparity amounts to (us v. them), is anyone?s guess??

Ah, but then at least the rest of the world is getting into the spirit of ?Mutually Assured Sacrifice?, are they not? And just think - it?s all a result of the kindness that flows from their precious and in some cases, pompous little hearts!? ?Generosity, I might add, that is seasoned by a few million gallons of flowing (exported) sweet crude oil!? (opinion)

?Hey, and this is just Iraq!? Iran, North Korea, Liberia etc, etc, are still lurking just within the shadows of twilight!!

VERITAS