The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2005, 08:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Recent Poll Results

POLL: 100% OF REPUBLICANS APPROVE CHOICE OF DEAN Former Vermont Gov Unites GOP, Survey Indicates.

In a strong show of support for former Vermont Governor Howard Dean, 100% of likely Republican voters approve of Dr. Dean's selection as Democratic Party chairman, a new survey indicates.

The poll, conducted by the University of Minnesota's Opinion Research Institute, reveals that Republicans are approximately twenty times as excited about Dr. Dean's selection as Democrats are. According to the survey, 97% of all Republicans describe themselves as "ecstatic" about the former Vermont Governor chairing the Democratic National Committee, while 99% describe themselves as "giddy beyond belief."

When asked how they intend to celebrate Dr. Dean's appointment to the DNC chair, Republicans were evenly divided, with 48% saying they would "jump for joy" while 47% said they would "dance a jig."

The results of the survey surprised many political observers, since Dr. Dean now appears to have unified the GOP more than any current Republican politician including President George W. Bush.
At DNC headquarters, the former Vermont Governor said that he was "heartened" by the poll results, telling reporters, "I knew that I had it in me to unify a party -- I just didn't know that it would be the other one."

Dr. Dean added that he ultimately had the ability to appeal to all
Americans, Republicans and Democrats alike: "I may be from a blue state, but once I start talking my face gets really, really red."

Elsewhere, Britain's Prince Harry said that he is looking forward to his father's marriage to Camilla Parker Bowles and that he has already picked out "just the right outfit" for the wedding.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2005, 09:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Dean Seeks Media Blackout, Changes Mind

By RUKMINI CALLIMACHI
Associated Press Writer

February 16, 2005, 11:37 PM EST

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Howard Dean, the new chairman of the Democratic National Committee, requested a media blackout of a debate with top Pentagon adviser Richard Perle, then quickly changed his mind Wednesday after news agencies complained.

"DNC Chair Howard Dean has declared a news blackout of his appearance and requested the media not quote, record, and/or paraphrase his remarks," event coordinator Gabrielle Williams wrote in an e-mail sent to news agencies Wednesday morning. "We apologize for the late notice, but we were just informed of this request."

Less than two hours later, Williams called to say: "We were told just a few minutes ago that it is now open" for media coverage. The decision to open Thursday's debate came roughly 30 minutes after an inquiry by The Associated Press.

Dean spokeswoman Laura Gross said Dean had decided the event would be closed before he was elected DNC chairman Saturday, but changed his mind because of his new job.

"Some speeches are open, some speeches are closed. He decided months ago that this speech would be closed. We're in transition. Now he's the DNC chair -- and so we needed to have this changed," Gross said.

Perle, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld's top policy adviser, is a key architect of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, and Dean is among the war's most prominent opponents.

Perle said that he was surprised to learn that the press had been barred from covering the debate.

"It seems quite extraordinary that the chairman of the Democratic National Committee would not want the public coverage of this debate," said Perle, a resident fellow at the conservative American Enterprise Institute.

Don Walker, president of the Harry Walker Agency, which represents Dean on the lecture circuit, said that many of the talks it is associated with are closed to the press -- and it's up to the individual speaker to decide whether he or she wants them to be open. "We default to a closed press policy," he said.

Meanwhile Wednesday, Dean called on the head of New York's Republican Party to apologize or resign over remarks linking the Democrats to a civil rights lawyer convicted of aiding terrorists.

Dean called Stephen Minarik's comments offensive and said, "The American people deserve better than this type of political character assassination."

On Monday, Minarik said that Dean's election shows that "the Democrats simply have refused to learn the lessons of the past two election cycles, and now they can be accurately called the party of Barbara Boxer, Lynne Stewart and Howard Dean."

Stewart is a New York City lawyer convicted last week of helping terrorists by smuggling messages from one of her imprisoned clients, a radical Egyptian sheik, to his terrorist disciples on the outside. Boxer is a Democratic senator from California.

Among Minarik's critics is Republican New York Gov. George Pataki, who said Tuesday that his remark was not "within the realm of appropriate political discourse."

Minarik issued a statement Wednesday saying "it is not the Republican Party's problem that these far-left activists have made their home in the Democratic party."

Old 02-17-2005, 02:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thoughts......

With the Dean ascension comes the assurance that DNC policy will still be in the hands of the Senate and Congressional minority leadership. That means Reed and Pelosi I reckon.
In reality, I don?t see those two telling Dean a damn thing let alone daring to get in his way. If they do, Dean?s landlord blogsophere will chew them up as if a condiment on a very little cracker.
Pelosi is very noisy about everything and nothing at once, whilst Reed is quiet about everything, even communicating with his home State. ?Harry who? is the reaction outside the super tight and well moneyed Southern Nevada Demo circles.
Pelosi has already publicly caved into Dean?s ?technical capabilities? (blogsophere) and I expect Reed will pass on a secret surrender note on the back of a postage stamp or the head of a blue diamond match. In the early going it?s not hard to figure out who is dog and who is tail, and pronouncements to the contrary are merely so much disingenuous fluff and puff nothingness, again.

Alas, Dean is going to dance with who brung him and all those radical maniacs out in the blogsophere make it quite clear as to who owns who and what is expected. But my bet is that all those that own Dean will remain below cover unless they are forced to breach and run on the surface for all to see. In the interim, the Kennedy-Clinton wars have begun again in earnest and we?ll have to see what role Dean takes. I?ll wager he?ll try to take out both and be the last man standing.
Anyway, that?s what I see shaping up at the moment.

Scamp
Old 06-17-2005, 01:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

So, could it be that this most recent upramping of diatribes all over the place might have something to do with a "larger" propaganda purpose?