The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Chinese Threatening

Last night I saw the news where a Chinese general stated that if the US protected Taiwan that they would use nuclear weapons.
Now he may have been blowing smoke out of his ass but it was said.

China has increased its nuclear capabilities and has been building up its military by at least 10 fold. They want Taiwan and they will get it soon - with or without a war. This is clear.

China has capital and is buying US manufacturing companies of which will reduce our ability to make our own products. This is really the next smoking gun.

When will we ever lean.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2005, 07:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Chinese Threatening

Quote:
Originally posted by Boats Last night I saw the news where a Chinese general stated that if the US protected Taiwan that they would use nuclear weapons.
Now he may have been blowing smoke out of his ass but it was said.

China has increased its nuclear capabilities and has been building up its military by at least 10 fold. They want Taiwan and they will get it soon - with or without a war. This is clear.

China has capital and is buying US manufacturing companies of which will reduce our ability to make our own products. This is really the next smoking gun.

When will we ever lean.
It is indeed a smoking gun--but surprisingly there is no outcry against it in our national leadership.
Remember their old Line "We will bury you!'?? Now its changed to: "We will buy you." WHat you see is communists using the tools of capitalism to compete with capitalists--which is actually a real good idea when you think about it. Isn't that what we wanted? Our big problem is that we can't compete with them for labor--unles you want to live like a Chinese.
First, look at Taiwan from the Chinese side: Taiwan is a breakaway state for them the same as our states broke away in the 1860s. We didn't let them get away--and neither will China.
But China is willing to take the longer view of it.
They got Hong Kong and Macau back--they'll get Taiwan back, in time.
It looked to me like China was going to be our next war untill 911 happened. Bush started rampng up surveillance--remember the surveillance plane they sent back part by part? The talk pre 911 was all about China--thats how we were blindsided on 911--we were looking the wrong way. DOH!
You sure don't hear that much about China being the new enemy any more like back in 2000, do we?
We need China real bad for the Korea situation--theyre the only ones who can influence NK, as their neighbors and main trading partners. The Chinese don't like the Koreans much either. Its only through the active particpation and alliance with the Chinese that this situation will ever get resolved, if it ever is. Don't think the Chinese don't know that either.
Don't forget, the Chinese like their bufferstates and NK will probvably stay comunict whatever. The situation is complicated, complicated more by the hostilty the BUsh Administration started putting out immediatley to China when they go in. The Chinese know that Bush is the inheritor of all that Cold War pugnaciousness.
But here's the bad news for the US vis a vis China: The Unocal deal is just the tip of the iceberg--we have HUGE trade deficit with China and growing bigger every day. China has invested much of this back in the US--the Unocal deal is part of this.
Here's the threat.China is getting the economic muscle in this country to control a good deal of it and to throw our government into receivership if they keep buying the government bonds that finance our deficits.
It doesn't seem likely to me that the Chinese would be trying to buy a huge chunk of the US with the intention of fighting a nuke war with it.Theyre smarter than that.
I think theyre willing to wait some more. But they have unfinished business in Taiwan--and I'm real sure theyre going to finish it someday. Lets hope its settled peacefully

Stay good Boats!
James
Old 07-21-2005, 06:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Depending on China

There's a really good article analyzing the Chinese/American economic ties at: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...aconnex19.html
It was written before the news came that Chevron beat out China for Unocal with a bid that was $1.5 billion less than the Chinese offered. it gives some of the ways China can retaliate--and it won't be with nukes.
We owe China a lot of money right now, theyve been buying Treasury bills more than anyone else.
The US now depends on China to fund our huge deficits. We talk about being dependent on foreign oil--now we're also dependent on Chinese financing.
Well that really sucks!! The huge deficits run up by the Bush Administration and the Republlican Congress are really damaging to America in the long run AND the short run. Our governments continual inability to live within its means is putting our children and grandchildren into greater and greater debt! This threat is MUCH bigger than the Social Security thing and a lot closer. It'll start when the peoplr financing the US debt find better investments.
There's a lot ofpeople like to pat each other on the back about having "won" the Cold War. This is indicative of their propensity to pat themselves on the back too soon (remember: "Mission Accomplished!?")--25% of the world is still Communists and they don't look like theyre going to quit anytime soon. As a matter of fact, theyre gaining! Theyre not trying to bury us any more, theyre trying to BUY us! So don't woirry about them nuking us anytime soon. Theyre saving their nukes for North Korea if Dear Leader goes fugazi
The Chinese are way ahead of the curve here, they are in a good way to control the US economy eventually. The Chinese have engineered it so that when and if they do take over Taiwan, the US will sit back and watch them do it--or we're fucked! They could sure throw a monkey wrench into our economy, anyway--if they stop buying our T bills, we're sunk. Thanks President Bush, it wasn't like this when you took over the governemnt! And neither was the deficit.

Stay good, all
James
Old 07-21-2005, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

PRC Generals don?t ad lib unless they have some burning desire to be pitched in a Gobi Desert pit and fed dog turds and cigarette butts for the remainder of their time. That was a public announcement though not an ?official? public announcement. The PRC Gvt. tries at all costs to avoid appearing bellicose or threatening but will use unofficial messengers to convey global ?public service messages?. Now then, if the current PRC negations with the Russians to purchase long-range backfire bombers come to fruition, it will be a new ball game and definitely an offensive and bellicose move by the PRC. Then watch the fur fly as everyone in the Pacific Rim, India and the US up-arms, big time, and it?s off to the arms races one more time.

I was in Beijing in January and I have to say that the apparent militancy level has gone straight up as compared to my last visit in 2000. It was unclear how many gunslingers had parade guns or the real thing, I have no ideal nor was I going to ask. As well the corruption level has skyrocketed and it?s just grab, grab, grab. I came to calling the tsunami of document checkers, guards and whatever else the badge wearers were, ?Lester?. Reminded me of the Oakland Raider linebacker ?Lester the Molester? and all the resin stickum he put all over his hands and resultant ?sticky fingers?. Communism at its best, eh. What was mine is now the ?people?s property?, or apparently so.

Oh well, that?s exactly why I only take ?blue light special? items to the PRC. Might as well recycle their stuff back to the point of origin I reckon. Oh, the PRC does not honor UN provisions regarding traveler safety and protection. They say they do, yadda, yadda, but they don?t. I have direct and personal evidence of that smoke screen bunch of BS they try to put down. China Air and Hainan Air are no better than punks and punkettes with badges and a license to rip off anyone they so select, and they do.

Scamp
Old 07-21-2005, 11:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default "Unrestricted Warfare"

Apropos of which, in today's NEW YORK TIMES the following (note especially the most interesting turns of phrase by the representative of the People's Republic of China):

[See also: the current poll on PF homepage]

By CHRIS BUCKLEY
Published: July 21, 2005

BEIJING, July 20, 2005

"China's Foreign Ministry called in a senior American diplomat in Beijing on Wednesday to denounce a Pentagon report on China's military strength. The United States report, released Tuesday, was "groundless" and based on "reckless accusations," the vice foreign minister, Yang Jiechi, told David Sedney, the deputy chief of mission at the United States Embassy in Beijing.

Report: China's Military Power
"This report ignores the facts and tries its utmost to spread the notion of a China threat," the state-run New China News Agency quoted Mr. Yang as saying. "It's a crude meddling in Chinese internal affairs, and it tries to sow discord between China and other countries."

Mr. Sedney was representing the ambassador, Clark T. Randt Jr., who was away from Beijing on official business, a spokeswoman at the American Embassy said.

The annual Department of Defense report on China's military muscle said the nation's real military spending may be two to three times higher than the officially reported figure, which China said was $26 billion last year.

The report "clearly points up the reason that the president and the United States government have been urging the E.U. to not lift the arms embargo on the People's Republic of China," Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld told reporters in Washington on Tuesday.

The Pentagon report also said that China's growing military reach might threaten the regional military balance and that China's military modernization was "focused on preventing Taiwan independence or trying to compel Taiwan to negotiate a settlement on Beijing's terms." China does not yet have the ability to occupy Taiwan, the self-governing island of 23 million that Beijing says must accept full Chinese sovereignty or face possible war, the report said.

The United States' military budget is 17.8 times the size of China's, said Mr. Yang, who previously served as China's ambassador in Washington. He contended that the American report exaggerated China's military strength "in order to find an excuse to sell advanced weapons to Taiwan."

But he added that China has the right to "renew some armaments" in order to protect itself. "China expresses its deep dissatisfaction and determined opposition," he said of the Pentagon's findings.

A commentary issued by the New China News Agency said the report showed that American officials had turned to China as their next enemy after occupying Afghanistan and Iraq. "This must make us wary of certain people in the Pentagon," it said."

My take on it?

Watch out folks, friends and neighbors. They're gonna come at us now on all fours.

The Henny Penny's of this world might soon be extremely grateful for our "nuclear arsenal"...

First step?

Admit India to the UN Security Council.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And, any wonder why Vietnam has come calling hat in hand looking for weapons and military support deals? Could it be something along the lines of,?Comrades tried and true, screw over the next Comrade before he does it to you??
Those may be the lyrics of the ?International? or at least the appropriate translation of intent. And could it be the Vietnamese are walking fast and looking over their shoulder to the north?

Scamp
Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Seascamp And, any wonder why Vietnam has come calling hat in hand looking for weapons and military support deals? Could it be something along the lines of,?Comrades tried and true, screw over the next Comrade before he does it to you??
Those may be the lyrics of the ?International? or at least the appropriate translation of intent. And could it be the Vietnamese are walking fast and looking over their shoulder to the north?

Scamp
Could very well be... methinks a LOT of flying 'neath the radar be taking place, arrrrgggghhhhhhhh matey?