The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2004, 10:56 AM

Smile Its official...

We finally have a spring!

It looks like Easter in my yard... Purple & Yellow crocus, White Snowdrops, and...GREEN GRASS!!

Even the iris, daffodils & tulips are coming up! Oh and the buds on the lilacs are starting the swell, soon they'll be popping out too! I miss that smell.

But Spring in the North East being what it is...they are calling for snow tonight...even enough that we will have to shovel tomorrow morning!!

I certainly hope we don't get a May snow this year. That happened two years ago and we only had one apple on the tree because it froze the blossoms off before they could get pollinated.

Oh I can't wait to start digging in the dirt!

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2004, 10:59 AM

Unhappy Hey...

That flower smilie isnt working properly. I clicked on it but it isn't putting the right smiley in the post.

It puts this one in instead

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 04-04-2004, 02:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It is a wonderful day !! My son and I met some friends and sat outside at Starbuck's planning our upcoming trip to the UFO Conference at Eureka Springs, Arkansas from April 9 -11. ( yes, ny tinfoil hat is configured and read to go !!! LOL LOL ) There were lots of good looking women about and the coffee was great. We then went to a Mexican restaurant ( I was stuffed ! ) and then I went in the backyard when I got home and laid in the sun for an hour and got a good 'burn. I am tempted to start tilling up the garden spot, but I noticed the low tonite is supposed to be 36 degrees !!!!! Ouch !!! I guess I will wait until May. I sure don't want any crappy tomatoes like last year. Since we are going to be gone three weeks in June, I might as well forget about it...

Larry
Old 04-04-2004, 02:46 PM

DL

Spring up North is nothing like any one ever seen till they are there.

Here is Tx, the Cactus are BLAH !!!!!!!!

Have a good one.

reeb.....
Old 04-04-2004, 03:12 PM

Larry the best time to till the garden is when the nights still hit the freezing mark. It kills the weed seed hibernating in the soil and any grubs or bugs that are still sleeping. Then you give it a good till mixing in your firtilizer right before you plant.

It won't keep the weeds and bugs away, but it will cut them down a good deal.

Hey Reeb, I've seen some beautiful springs and falls in the dessert. Right after the rain blows through the Paolo Verde trees bloom right up and the cactus have some of the most beautiful flowers anywhere. Of course there are many varietys that only bloom at night. Kind of makes it nice to sit out on the patio sipping ice tea or what ever.

Soon it will be shorts weather too...short pant, short skirts, and short shirts. I know you guys have gotta love that!

Enjoy!
DL
President Ronald Reagan